Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Sarevok has several motives for killing Rialtar and Co - he gains control over the Iron Throne, he incriminates the protagonist, and he settles an old score with his "father" whom he actually hates. If you read his diary later, Rialtar killed his wife whom Sarevok loved as a mother.

Of course, if he can get Charname to do the dirty work for him, so much the better...
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,537
    But charname is completely oblivious if charname thinks the documents are just up for grabs. Something will happen for sure.
    It is just like going to the top of the iron Throne building itself. You know a fight breaks out there. Charname cannot assume that Candlekeep will be different in any way.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The thing is, with how many thieves are in BG, there is NO reason for a fight to break out to get the documents. You are also there on official business with the FF, so you petition a warrant in an official capacity to search Rieltar and co. Sarevok also intends for them to die at Candlekeep, even if charname never showed up, Rieltar was still doomed. Charname has no responsibility over his death.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,537
    I guess those are different ways of looking at it
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Imoen spends the entirety of Siege of Dragonspear either slowly recovering from the attempt on her life or struggling with magic, yet by the beginning of Shadows of Amn she is magically (no pun intended) an 8th level mage.

• tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Imoen spends the entirety of Siege of Dragonspear either slowly recovering from the attempt on her life or struggling with magic, yet by the beginning of Shadows of Amn she is magically (no pun intended) an 8th level mage.

I thought that made sense in that she would have picked up a lot of magic lessons (etc) from being around Irenicus.
    Fair enough
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

If I was a DM and a player got trapped in a cage for several decades and lost two limbs, I'd give them a lot more XP than Aerie has.

Nooiice. My character is a tragically disadvantaged Illusionist/Thief Mind Flayer who lost every one of their tentacles, arms and legs in a tragic boating accident after being stuck in a cage for two hundred and ninety years. That's gotta be worth a few HLAs, right?

Also her friend the druid memorised reincarnation this morning for no reason.
    Zaram got trapped in a staff for several centuries, does that count?
    How about this one?

BG1: Minsc's racial enemy is the Gnoll. This makes sense because Dynaheir was recently kidnapped by Gnolls.
    BG2: Minsc's racial enemy is now the Vampire...why?
    @Pantalion
    Sounds plausible
    Because it gives new players an easier time against common yet dangerous enemy. Oh wait lore reason? I got nuthin.
    Speaking of which
    Vampiric Wolves don't level drain.

Now from a gameplay standpoint this makes sense. When you have less than 8 levels, level drain is going to pretty much kill you right away.

From a logical standpoint however it does not (Unless I'm wrong, which to be honest I probably am)
    @Zaghoul
    Thanks, I appreciate the lesson. Evil Clerics have a lot more influence than I realized.

Quick Poll everyone:
    Evil Clerics or Necromancers?
    Everyone come join me on my Only Day of Christmas Board (Now in Progress)
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Evil clerics for prayers and necromancers to build bone stairs. :)
    @Zaghoul
    Dude did you just rhyme?
    You made my Christmas and that's not an easy task.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    Hehheh. I get a lil wood on the ball once in a while. ;):)
    I vote Necromancers, but Evil Clerics are still really awesome.

I'm working on a Necromancer character myself, but he needs a little more fine tuning.
    @Montresor_SP
    Saladrex is best dragon confirmed, he's a much easier battle than Firkragg though.
    I dunno, Saladrex and especially Draconis always wreck me.
    @ThacoBell
    Hardest Dragon Battles for me
    1. Draconis
    2. Two Silvers in Luna
    3. Abazigal
    4. Firkagg
    5. The Dragon in Suldanessellar (because screw spelling that name)