Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @JoenSo
    I've had that problem myself for a while.

Aerie: Being underground is just not for the avariel.

Party is inside a tomb at ground level.

Also WOOT PAGE 26!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    JoenSo said:

@JoenSo
    I've had that problem myself for a while.

Aerie: Being underground is just not for the avariel.

Party is inside a tomb at ground level.

Also WOOT PAGE 26!

Nalia: "How are we helping the less fortunate trudging around in here?!"
    Charname: "This is YOUR BLOODY KEEP and YOU asked us to go here!"
    hahahhaha dammit, you beat me to the punch because that's exactly what i was going to say haha
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508

lroumen said:

She is actually right. You save one servant, one soldier, her aunt and that's about it.

And I'm not sure her aunt counts in your favor! :wink:
    What I mean is, there are only three (okay four) people to save while there are many more unfortunate people to help elsewhere :D

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

lroumen said:

What I mean is, there are only three (okay four) people to save while there are many more unfortunate people to help elsewhere :D

*Ahem*

Poor unfortunate souls, in pain. In need. This one wants to save her father, that one wants to get the gold and do I help them?

Yes I do

hahahahahahhahahahah, i saw what you did there, that was great
    Zaram: Yoshimo, disarm that trap
    Yoshimo: I can dance on the head of a pin as well
    Zaram: You know what, Yoshimo. Spring the trap with your face
    Yoshimo: (Gets turned into a squirrel)
    Party laughs
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    sarevok57 said:

Zaghoul said:

Huh. I played more 1st than 2nd edition, but in first ed. higher monster lvls could hit like magical weapon types. I think 4+1 Hit dice (HD) could hit as +1. Rising with lvls. 6,8, and then 10 plus HD hitting like +4.

some of the higher level monsters in BG2 their attacks count as higher level weapons, like for example i think elementals hit as if they have +4 weapons, fire giants hit with +2 weapons
    I have noticed that, which is good. B)
    edited January 2018
    ABSOLUTE immunity only protects against +5 weapons or lower.

On a side note: Protection Against Magical Weapons is the true absolute immunity because in context someone could stab you with Godsbane and you wouldn't even feel it.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Charname gets immunity to +1 weapons and lower

Suddenly everyone and their uncle has +2 weapons or higher

I always thought that was a real rip off of a Hell Trial choice after playing into ToB a few times as it seems about useless.
    Seems like the +1 protection and then the 'Monty Haul' quantity of magical weapons used by forces against CHARNAME was made by two different developers that were out of touch.
    I know that immunity to psionics doesn't actually prevent you from getting your brain eaten but imagine an item that did.

I imagine a Mind Flayer getting progressively angrier as it fails to eat even the fun sized brain of Minsc (or the least intelligent NPC in the series by stats, Yeslick)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    Zaghoul said:

Charname gets immunity to +1 weapons and lower

Suddenly everyone and their uncle has +2 weapons or higher

I always thought that was a real rip off of a Hell Trial choice after playing into ToB a few times as it seems about useless.
    Seems like the +1 protection and then the 'Monty Haul' quantity of magical weapons used by forces against CHARNAME was made by two different developers that were out of touch.
    Well, it is useful if you do the Test of Fear first and then go to meet Sarevok in the Test of Wrath. He is using a non-magical sword so you can have your Sorcerer Charname with 7 STR, 9 CON tank him while the rest of the party kills him with ranged weapons. :mrgreen: