Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2018

Beamdog forum community logic: we've come to page 28 of the Baldur's Gate logic and nobody mentioned this most obvious strangeness of the whole game yet?

@Son_of_Imoen Yes, 29 pages and over 800 comments in we are still coming up with new realizations and material.

While the community may be small and the part of the community that partcipates on this thread even smaller, the cult following that this game has will forever result in new material.

Long live Baldur's Gate! Long live the Baldur's Gate Logic Thread!

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    get into an epic battle where you cast hold persons, sleep spells ect...

main character dies and all the baddies that were previously sleeping or held all yell out; sike! JK plebs we aren't held or sleeping now since your run is over lulz ( and yes, baddies are thick trolls )

Clearly the Bhaalspawn is the tether that holds all of reality together

Makes sense to me.

Poultry Store Logic:
    Leave the store unattended with about 20 live chickens inside.
    @Pantalion
    Or they became rabid from being left alone in a store. But considering how absurdly dark that is I prefer to see it your way.
    i never go inside that building anymore because it costs more GP in ammunition than to take out the poultry than there is GP in the building

GP runs gotta GP :)
    edited February 2018
    @sarevok57
    I've mentioned this before (though I can't remember which thread I did it in) but my Dad basically personified the GP run when he exploited a glitch in his Gem Bag that caused it to pretty much infinitely respawn.

He was so upset when I told him he was just going to lose that gold in SOD.

Edit: Dad was also a proud user of the "Pick up everything, sell everything" tactic, except potions which he hoarded.

I think Dad would have had fun with SOD if he had been able to finish it.
    @ZaramMaldovar how much GP can he accumulate without using exploits?

i usually hit 650 000+ or so ( depending on how many suits of full plate mail/ laerel's tear necklaces i find )
    @sarevok57
    Well I'm not sure, he went to the hospital and subsequently passed away before he could get past Chapter 10 of Siege of Dragonspear.

I want to say that he probably could've gotten a pretty high number, but he since he wasn't intentionally doing a GP run, rather exploiting a bug to do a regular run I don't think he would get nearly as far as you did.

ah i see, sorry for the loss
    @sarevok57
    Don't feel bad. You didn't know.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Balrog99 said:

Baldur's Gate logic:

It's big news when somebody sneaks into The Hall of Wonders at night and walks off with all the exhibits. Such big news that in the time it takes me to walk to Elfsong, it's apparently all over town already. Of course it wasn't important enough to pay a few guards to watch the place at night (or even lock the doors for God's sake). I'd say it's bigger news that somebody hadn't robbed the place the day after it opened! Come to think of it, who was it that noticed that it was robbed in the first place? Why didn't that reporter report us to the City Guard???

Fair point, but take some time to read about the theft of the Mona Lisa right before World War I. Security? Well, the Louvre had the doors closed.

I’m still shocked that to this day so many people have an issue with the Drizzt thing. It’s always been clear to me that it was closer to the test of character.

He even calls the gnolls ‘tiresome creatures’ rather than actual threats. I fail to see the problem here.

it's probably because i look at the 1s and 0s and game mechanics, not actual story development ;)