Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    sarevok57 said:

I’m still shocked that to this day so many people have an issue with the Drizzt thing. It’s always been clear to me that it was closer to the test of character.

He even calls the gnolls ‘tiresome creatures’ rather than actual threats. I fail to see the problem here.

it's probably because i look at the 1s and 0s and game mechanics, not actual story development ;)
    Heathen.

Jokes aside, though, that makes me wonder even more why this is such a big deal.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    edited February 2018
    I wasn't aware there was ever a problem with Drizzt appearing in the game. It always seemed obvious to me that he was doing it as a confidence-boost, much like @JoenSo said, or as a test to see what kind of person Charname is.
    Hell, you don't even need to help him. You can just sit back and watch him kill all the gnolls.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    There are people who hate Drizzt. So I can understand why they would take issue with his inclusion.
    He's there for like five seconds, people who hate him should be able to look past it.

Dev6 said:

He's there for like five seconds, people who hate him should be able to look past it.

You give people too much credit.

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It is not that he is in a game I think. It is because he should at the time of happening not be in the sword coast at all but rather in icewind dale.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    edited February 2018
    I really dislike Drizzt, not because of him but because of the huge wave of dual-wield good-drow ranger that appeared inspired on him in a NWN server I used to play.

That being said I don't really care for his appearance on BG1. The one from BG2 bugs me more. Feels like a little push-over.

The same goes for Elminster.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Zaghoul
    By Ao, do you mean...

THE LEGENDARY SUPER GNOLL?!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited February 2018
    Just because someone points out a flawed logic doesn't mean they believe it's a "big deal", so what's up with all those needless replies? EDIt: not so well-written, what I meant is just because someone bring something up in a thread like this doesn't mean they think it's a big deal.

Do I care Drizzt is in the game? No. Do I think it's a Big Deal? No. Do I think his behaviour is illogical to his character? Yes.

..and yeah, before someone replies again and telling me this.. here's a meme that I guess explains it all, hehe :)

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Skatan said:

Just because someone points out a flawed logic doesn't mean they believe it's a "big deal", so what's up with all those needless replies? EDIt: not so well-written, what I meant is just because someone bring something up in a thread like this doesn't mean they think it's a big deal.

Do I care Drizzt is in the game? No. Do I think it's a Big Deal? No. Do I think his behaviour is illogical to his character? Yes.

..and yeah, before someone replies again and telling me this.. here's a meme that I guess explains it all, hehe :)

Do I think it's awesome to claim his armor and scimitars after the 'lowly gnolls' leave him a bloodied corpse? Why yes I do!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    speaking about doctor evil, they had an austin powers marathon with all three movies on tv last week i believe it was
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    toolarg said:

Ran into little boy Shellig south of Beregost, told him to scram, he ran right into the direction of two ogrillions who had murdered a halfling. Nothing happened.
    Conclusion: ogrillions are racists and hate only halflings.

Pretty sure they ate him ;)
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited February 2018
    sarevok57 said:

NWN logic:

chests: can score critical hits on them
    constructs: cannot score critical hits on them

Just think of chests as constructs that are bound and can't move, thus automatic hit and crit.