Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

invest however many points into Find Traps are necessary to deal with the post-Ducal Palace maze traps (@Grond0, how much is that?).

@semiticgod I don't know the exact figure, but 50 would be sufficient.
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Grond0 said:

invest however many points into Find Traps are necessary to deal with the post-Ducal Palace maze traps (@Grond0, how much is that?).

@semiticgod I don't know the exact figure, but 50 would be sufficient.
    And if that isn't sufficient, can always boost the trap scores temporarily with potions of mind focusing and perception. Well, if not a poverty run I guess should say...
    semiticgoddesslolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    @Flashburn Congratulations
    StummvonBordwehrFlashburnJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903

Yeslick and Baeloth went in the wrong direction and followed Jaheira into a repeating trap that should have only triggered once, slightly wounding Jaheira and not even touching anyone else. I planned on letting Jaheira trigger it once, then healing her, seeing if it happened again, and then bringing in Coran to disarm the traps if necessary. But Yeslick and Baeloth disobeyed orders and went in the exact opposite direction I told them to.

I lost a successful run because of fucking pathfinding.

Wait just a minute!

I could have just teleported across the traps with Dimension Jump. And used the Reform party trick to get the rest of the party across.
    StummvonBordwehrPantalionArctodus
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

I actually only picked the Bounty Hunter because I don't think I can win against Ascension Melissan without pre-set Maze traps to isolate the Five and pick them off one by one. I also have an Archer who will dual-class to cleric at level 9 in SoA, because I'm going to use two consecutive Called Shots in combination with Energy Blades for massive stat drain (and I'm willing to use the Reform Party trick to restore it if I somehow get a bunch of critical misses in a row). With 10 APR and two Called Shot charges, the Archer/Cleric could drain 26.67 STR assuming all hits connect (or 30 STR if I use the Reform Party trick).

Does Spell Revisions change the archer? By default I thought the kit needs to get up to level 12 in order for called shot to damage strength.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    God fucking damn it!

Ogre Magi at Candlekeep can deal 44 damage on a critical hit to an unarmed character, enough to kill a level 5 sorcerer. It seems I can't wait in that fight for even a moment unless our introductory Horror spell takes down all nearby Ogre Mages.
    Mantis37JuliusBorisovPokota