Skip to content

2.5 Update Beta Survey

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
We’ve written up a quick survey to find out what your experiences have been with the 2.5 update beta. Please include any information you have so far about any crashes and other issues you may have encountered during the beta. We'll be accepting survey entries until Jan. 15.

Make sure to include the email corresponding to your forum account. We’ll be awarding a forum badge for completing the survey.

Thank you to everyone who has tried the beta so far! We’ll be continuing the 2.5 update beta over the holidays, so there’s lots of time to let us know about your experience!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-2.html
[Deleted User]Brecherloliensarevok57

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited December 2017
    Shandaxx said:

How do you ensure that someone would not just fill out the survey to get the badge without actually playing the beta?

They can match the email address with those of Beamdog accounts to know if a one has at least downloaded the beta (lawful evil).

[Deleted User]
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    rede9 said:

Shandaxx said:

How do you ensure that someone would not just fill out the survey to get the badge without actually playing the beta?

They can match the email address with those of Beamdog accounts to know if a one has at least downloaded the beta (lawful evil).

Not if they got the beta off Steam.
    Proont[Deleted User]
  • ProontProont Member Posts: 141
    edited December 2017
    I've been playing all 3 on Steam. Where's the Shaman's Spirit Dance ability? Is it in spells?

-edit, Nevermind found it. Finally.
    JuliusBorisov
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when do we get that pretty forum badge?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    sarevok57 said:

when do we get that pretty forum badge?

After the beta ends.
    sarevok57Proont
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

After the beta ends.

And when does the beta end? :p
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    lefreut said:

After the beta ends.

Monday, January 8.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Luke93 said:

lefreut said:

After the beta ends.

Monday, January 8.
    "The 2.5 Update beta will run from December 5th, 2017 to January 8th, 2018, with the possibility of an extension, as we gather data and feedback from beta participants. "
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Shandaxx said:

Which will run longer, the 2.5 Update beta or the NWN:EE beta? Make a guess, please.

NWN:EE by far.

[Deleted User]JuliusBorisov

Shandaxx said:

Which will run longer, the 2.5 Update beta or the NWN:EE beta? Make a guess, please.

i don't know, at the moment the 2.5 patch for IWD is filled to the brim with bugs, lots of work needs to be done on that
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    sarevok57 said:

Shandaxx said:

i don't know, at the moment the 2.5 patch for IWD is filled to the brim with bugs, lots of work needs to be done on that
    Sure, but NWN:EE is way more beta at the moment that the IE-games will ever be again. They started out with a Trello-board for a reason: it'll take some time to get the stuff done. Which doesn't mean I'm saying I expect them to get every card that is up there done. But they will put in some months of work.

Even if we continue beta testing 2.5 beyond January, and more bugs come out of the woodwork, it'll be a final release long before NWN:EE truly sees the light of day as an official release. But that is just my guess.

lefreutProont
    im assuming a big pile of the NWN EE bugs are in multiplayer ( although i only reached level 13 in the OC ) because in single player i only noticed a couple of bugs, at the moment from what i saw so far NWN EE looks like it could be released officially sometime early next year, but i guess i have no idea
  • SardocSardoc Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2017
    sarevok57 said:

Shandaxx said:

For starters, IWD 2.5 doesn't have quite a lot of BG and BG2 improvements from 2.5.

Improved scripts haven't made it to the game yet, redesigned character tab, also isn't there. Then there are bugs like HOF not staying on (same as BG1/2 had with LOB). And that's only something I picked up in literally 20ish mins of playing. Surely there's more.

So... lots of work to do for IWD. I'm sure it'll get ironed out, but I'm also sure 2.5 beta test will extend way after 8th Jan.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Yikes, now I can't remember whether or not I filled in this survey before my vacation.
    [Deleted User]
    Skatan said:

Yikes, now I can't remember whether or not I filled in this survey before my vacation.

You can run through the survey once more. For example, you can reflect on your further experience (i.e. playing and testing hours) with the beta after initial impressions.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Shandaxx said:

Skatan said:

But you will miss out the badge if you didn't! OMG!
    I honestly don't care about badges. A few likes here and there gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in the gut, but badges does nothing for me.

@JuliusBorisov OK I will do that. Me and @RelSundan have had a couple of shorter sessions now in bg2 MP so can add that experience to the survey even if I already filled in it once.
    [Deleted User]ProontJuliusBorisov
    Today will most likely be the last day of the beta (I will know better later). Don't forget to share your impressions (or updated impressions) in the survey.
    SkatantaclaneProont
This discussion has been closed.