Skip to content

Baldur's Gate Logic

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Artona said:

So you failed to learn spell from that scroll, eh? No problem! Try again once you're ready, after all scroll won't magically disappear...
    Just kidding. YOU RUINED PERFECTLY GOOD SCROLL WITH YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPT AT LEARNING. NICE JOB, WIZARD.

Isn't it a PnP rule? Pretty sure it is.
    tbone1Proontlolien
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Raduziel
    It's still silly

Meanwhile Zaram only needs to think about a spell and he can learn it, because he's a Sorceror.
    ArtonaProontsemiticgoddessThacoBell
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Yep, goes back to AD&Dv1, IIRC. I remember “grey elf” being a popular mage option because they could get 19 intelligence, so no limit on the number of spells in the book and less chance of memorization/transcription failure.
    ProontRaduziel
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Balrog99 said:

I think he was trained by Nimbul. Seriously, didn't he see that monk practicing his martial arts moves literally 20 feet away?

Not for the first fourteen or fifteen years ...

ZaramMaldovarMontresor_SPBalrog99ThacoBell
    @semiticgod
    When does an avariel try to murder you in SOD?

Also I like Aerie
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited January 2018

@semiticgod
    When does an avariel try to murder you in SOD?

Also I like Aerie

Its Caelar's winged uh, general? I don't know what her rank is supposed to be. But she is the one who challenges you to a one on one fight with rules that are totally in her favor, that she doesn't even try to follow herself.
    semiticgoddess
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @ZaramMaldovar: Her name is Ashatiel. She actually has wings, though she doesn't fly or anything.
    ThacoBell
    @semiticgod
    Oh ok, her. Yeah, I hate that character.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352

@ZaramMaldovar: Her name is Ashatiel. She actually has wings, though she doesn't fly or anything.

I thought she was some kind of celestial being. I liked that part though it was a rather difficult fight once when I had depleted all my spells and abilities before being 'pushed' into the fighting pit, heh.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I wish there was some way to take both the pit fight and kill the rest of Ashatiel's band.

All that valuable XP...
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Is there any explanation in game what is her problem with Charname? She mentions her brother, but I do not recall anyone like that in SoD.
  • histamiinihistamiini Member Posts: 1,428
    edited January 2018
    It takes assassin 9 arrows to kill Sanik, but Sanik doesn't notice a thing. Is the assassin very bad, or very good?

This in LoB only.
    semiticgoddessMontresor_SPProontStummvonBordwehr
    @Raduziel I don't know if it affects the xp for the encounter, but if a crusader from the larger battle only steps away happens to wander in and smack one of your party member, she calls you a cheater and her whole party mobs you. Double standards much?

@Artona I'm not entirely sure. SoD is really bad at explaining its side plots, you literally have to pay attention to everything said to pick up on some things. But I haven't been able to find the in-game reason given, I'm sure its there somewhere and I just keep overlooking it. I think its stated she is furious over what happened to her brother, but I don't know who her brother was. I used to think he was one of the mages at Bridgefort on the Cusader's side as they have very very similar color palettes (He dies whether you parley or not, so either you kill him in the attack, or the Barghest kills him for trying to break the cease fire and bring you in). Someone on the forum said this wasn't the case, simply that her brother at some point in the past, was killed by a bhaallspawn, but not you. Which feels a tad disappointing if true, as she reacts as if you personally wronged her. Maybe @AndrewFoley can shed some light?
    RaduzielProontArtona
    @ZaramMaldovar Those are great. Slight fix:

Irenicus: Taking your soul, you warrant no villains exposition from me.
    ZaramMaldovarProontMontresor_SPRaduziel
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    edited January 2018
    @ZaramMaldovar LMAO!

Melissan: Go and kill your brothers and sisters, I'll explain later.

(Of course if you did get explanations from all these people it would be spoilers. But still...)
    ProontRaduzielZaramMaldovarThacoBell
    edited January 2018
    Solar: I will literally do nothing *but* explain

Zaram: Hmm, hmm....k bye.
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddessProontGrum
  • AndrewFoleyAndrewFoley Member Posts: 744
    ThacoBell said:

Maybe @AndrewFoley can shed some light?

I know there's some sort of backstory there but I can't for the life of me remember what it is; I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the game but can't 100% guarantee it at this point; and I don't have access to any Beamdog files anymore so I can't check to see what it was.

Sorry.

ArtonaThacoBellProont
    You mean you don't have perfect recall for everything you have ever worked on? ;)
    Balrog99Artonatbone1
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited January 2018
    ThacoBell said:

You mean you don't have perfect recall for everything you have ever worked on? ;)

I used to. Then I hit 50 years of age. Now I can't remember what I had for breakfast this morning...
    BelgarathMTHProontSkatan