Skip to content

BG:EE after 5 years is BROKEN and UNPLAYABLE

13»

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i only ever had two bugs and they were both in bg2 ee. one was neera's quest not finishing correctly and the other was the final boss bug i talked about in the beta forum.

other then that the ee have been much more bug free then the originals.
    ThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Grond0

Let's take the PnP argument for one second:

A PnP adventure is about a group, not about a person. And BG(2)EE is all about Charname (as Dragon Age Origins is about the Grey Warden and Fallout is about the Vault Dweller). If BG was a campaign I would say that the Bhaalspawn would be the DM's husband/wife.

Dragon Age Origins and Baldur's Gate are not game made for a multiplayer session. By both design of the engine and the way the story is told.

To solve the PnP thing Bioware nailed it in BG2, giving (more) life and personality to the NPCs. The same way Dragon Age does, by the way.

IWD is a whole different story: that's a game designed to be played as an MP. It's the story about a group of adventurers, not Gorion's Ward.
    ThacoBellProontAerakar
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member Posts: 2
    tbone1 said:

Where do you people see all these bugs? Is it a Windows thing? I am not fanning the flames, I'm serious. I've played these games exclusively on Macs and iPads for damn near two decades and have encountered maybe three bugs in all that time.

Must just be Windows. I play on a Mac as well and the game has never had a single issue.

• QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited January 2018
    @Raduziel Ohh OK, so you're just selfish. Those of us who appreciate multiplayer don't matter. Good to know!
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Raduziel said:

@Quartz You don't need to be offensive. If you like MP go ahead and play it. I'm just saying that the game design don't seem to work towards a good MP experience.

Don't forget the Be Excellent to Each Other Policy we have here.

Glad to hear calling someone selfish is more offensive than expressing hate for an entire development team. Seems legit.
    Raduziel said:

I really hate Bioware

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were using hyperbole, I guess.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I think you both should drop it already. That talk is hardly ontopic.
    ThacoBellQuartzsemiticgoddess
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    As you wish, @JuliusBorisov .
  • Sar_YehudahSar_Yehudah Member Posts: 135

Huh. I thought you could disable movies somehow. I can't see an option, though.

Don't badger your friend to play right now. He's understandably ticked off. Wait a year and try again with your friend. They're testing the 2.5 patch right now. Hopefully a year from now they'll have patched it twice with multiplayer fixes. Understand that some people responding to you run into few or no bugs. And hopefully the people responding to you will realise that other people run into a lot of bugs.

Several months from now, I hope they have the beta on gog. Obsidian, with Pillars of Eternity 2, has a beta on gog galaxy. We should actually be asking Beamdog if they'll do the same in the future.

A YEAR? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It should be fixed NOW.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    It could very well be that the issue you are experiencing is already fixed in the 2.5 patch (and issues encountered in the live 2.5.10 version could already be fixed in the latest version (2.5.12.2 at the moment)). So as long as your friend is on GoG, you'll just have to wait until the patch is released as all platforms should get it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBell
  • @JuliusBorisov

An Observation: the harshest critics in this thread either signed up in 2012, and have hardly interacted since, or have signed up in the two past weeks.

What to make of this, if anything, I don't know.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Contemplative_Hamster I wouldn't look into that. Patches can and do bring people back. Players come and go, and sometimes return. Also, people joining the forum only recently are compeletely ok, as we always forward every BG and NWN fan here (from Steam, Reddit and other places).
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    edited January 2018
    Nvrmind.