Skip to content

[MOD] EEUITweaks Mod Collection - All EE (v2.2+) Platforms

Comments

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Cheers :)
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    @lefreut Could you also make edits to this file: https://github.com/AncientCowboy/EEUITweaks/blob/master/EEUITweaks/include/ModOptionsSOD.tpa and create Pull Request?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited January 2018
    @lefreut Hello!

I (successfully?) installed your Inventory Screen and Character Record Screen on my iPad, but for some reason there is no background -> take a look at the following screenshots for further details. Do you know what went wrong?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    @Luke93 I don't really know what are the differences or limitations of the EEs on iPad.

These screens use MOS V2 file. Do you put the corresponding PVRZ file (MOS4309.PVRZ for the inventory and MOS4312.PVRZ for the record) in the override folder? You can also try to use PNG instead of the MOS file (if it works for iPad).

Maybe @subtledoctor will know more.
    lefreut said:

Did you put the corresponding PVRZ file (MOS4309.PVRZ for the inventory and MOS4312.PVRZ for the record) in the override folder?

Those 2 files are not in my override folder. Where can I find them?
    lefreut said:
    Ok, will try tomorrow.... Anyway, I noticed in my override I have MOS1011.PVRZ and MOS1014.PVRZ -> these two files seem identical to MOS4312.PVRZ and MOS4309.PVRZ.... What are the correct ones?
    Luke93 said:

Ok, will try tomorrow.... Anyway, I noticed in my override I have MOS1011.PVRZ and MOS1014.PVRZ -> these two files seem identical to MOS4312.PVRZ and MOS4309.PVRZ.... What are the correct ones?

In fact, it depends on what you install. In my mod, I only copy the files so the MOS use fixed PVRZ file (4309 and 4312). But in EEUITweaks, I think @AncientCowboy did a better thing that will patch the MOS files at install time to use free PVRZ slots. You can check INVENTOR.MOS and GUIREC2.MOS from your install to see which PVRZ file they use.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    PVR(Z) supports dozens of different texture encoding types. It's simple for desktop games, as they only use DXT1 and DXT5. iOS (and Android) may support either one of those dozens of formats though. @Luke93 @subtledoctor If you can export an original PVRZ file from your iOS game I could determine the texture format required by your device.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    _Luke_
    edited November 2018
    argent77 said:

@Luke93 @subtledoctor If you can export an original PVRZ file from your iOS game I could determine the texture format required by your device.

Done.
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Thanks for the samples.

As I suspected, iOS uses the "PVRTC 4bpp RGBA" texture format. The PVRZ conversion mod found in this topic should already support this format. However, it looks like the converter adds a bit of meta data to the textures, which the game might choke on.

I have attached an updated mod version. It removes the meta data block, and I have added a few more conversion options. Just run this mod on top of all your other mods to make the PVRZ files iOS-ready.
    edited January 2018
    @argent77 There is still something wrong.... After the conversion (I chose option 4 -> override files only, iOS recommended), nothing has changed (except for some blue dotted lines)....
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    The attached pvrz files are empty, i.e. contain only transparent pixels. Was this also the case with the original (unconverted) files?
    edited January 2018
    argent77 said:

The attached pvrz files are empty, i.e. contain only transparent pixels. Was this also the case with the original (unconverted) files?

No, it wasn't. To clarify: I can clearly see unconverted MOS1011.PVRZ and MOS1014.PVRZ in Nearinfinity, they're not empty..... Does this have something to do with the removal of meta data to the textures?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    I don't think so. Meta data is is removed in a very safe manner.

I've tried the conversion mod with a fully installed EEUITweaks, but can't reproduce this effect on my installation. All PVRZ files were properly converted.

Maybe it's a platform issue. Have you tried it on Windows or macOS? Can you attach the SETUP-A7-TEXTURECONVERT.DEBUG from the conversion?
    edited November 2018
    argent77 said:

Maybe it's a platform issue. Have you tried it on Windows or macOS? Can you attach the SETUP-A7-TEXTURECONVERT.DEBUG from the conversion?

I've tried it on MacOS. SETUP-A7-TEXTURECONVERT.DEBUG attached.
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    edited January 2018
    I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the debug file, except that MOS1000.PVRZ through MOS1006.PVRZ appear to have the exact same size, which implies they are duplicates. But that doesn't necessarily mean to be an issue.

Let's focus on the conversion tool itself. Could you perform the following steps on an unconverted PVRZ texture?
    1. Open MOS0011.PVRZ in NI and export it as PVR to MOS0011.PVR.
    2. Execute from the command line in the root folder of the game:
      ./A7-TextureConvert/tools/PVRTexToolCLI/osx/PVRTexToolCLI -i MOS0011.PVR -o MOS0011A.PVR -f PVRTC1_4,UBN,lRGB -potcanvas + -squarecanvas +
      You might have to make the binary executable first:
      chmod +x ./A7-TextureConvert/tools/PVRTexToolCLI/osx/PVRTexToolCLI
    3. Open NI and use Tools > Convert > Image to PVRZ, add MOS0011A.PVR, set directory to override folder and convert the file.
    4. Refresh NI (F5) and open the newly converted MOS0011A.PVRZ in NI. It should display the same content as original MOS0011.PVRZ and "Properties" type should say "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA".
    Post edited by argent77 on
    edited January 2018
    @argent77 What am I supposed to do at this point? (see attached screenshot)
    Anyway, MOS0011.PVRZ is already of type "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA". Shouldn't we try with .PVRZ files in the override folder? (i.e., with files that are added by EEUI Tweaks?)
    @subtledoctor Are you also trying this?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Yes, use a file that has not yet been converted. I assumed MOS0011.PVRZ was an unconverted file.

There was probably a typo in the cd command. To save typing the full path, enter 'cd ' (without quotes) into the shell and drag the folder icon from the file manager to the console and press enter. The commands from my previous post can be simply copied and pasted into the shell. Update filenames if needed.
    edited January 2018
    So, I used MOS1011.PVRZ (which is of type DXT1). I keep getting "No such file or directory". Where are the typos? To clarify: the root folder is the one containing chitin.key, right?

-bash: cd: /Users/Luke93/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/Baldur's Gate II 2.4.71/Payload/Baldur's Gate II.app/A7-TextureConvert/tools/PVRTexToolCLI/osx/PVRTexToolCLI -i MOS1011.PVR -o MOS1011A.PVR -potcanvas + -squarecanvas +: No such file or directory

-bash: cd: /Users/Luke93/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries/iTunes Media/Mobile Applications/Baldur's Gate II 2.4.71/Payload/Baldur's Gate II.app/chmod +x ./A7-TextureConvert/tools/PVRTexToolCLI/osx/PVRTexToolCLI: No such file or directory
    Every command should be executed separately in the shell.

1. Change into the root folder of the game (where the chitin.key is located):
    cd /Users/Luke93/Music/iTunes/Previous\ iTunes\ Libraries/iTunes\ Media/Mobile\ Applications/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II\ 2.4.71/Payload/Baldur\'s\ Gate\ II.app
    2. Make the converter binary executable:
    chmod +x ./A7-TextureConvert/tools/PVRTexToolCLI/osx/PVRTexToolCLI
    3. Convert the PVRZ file (replace filename if needed):
    ./A7-TextureConvert/tools/PVRTexToolCLI/osx/PVRTexToolCLI -i MOS0011.PVR -o MOS0011A.PVR -f PVRTC1_4,UBN,lRGB -potcanvas + -squarecanvas +
    Btw, I forgot to add a parameter to PVRTexToolCLI. I have fixed the line above and in this post.
    @argent77 Ok, here we go.....

So, the type of MOS1011.PVRZ is "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA", but the file is still empty.... (can you @subtledoctor confirm?) -> Does this mean that your tool doesn't work on MacOS? Damn, we were so close... Is there anything else you can do?
    Has the conversion tool produced any kind of error or warning message? Does macOS apply some security measures that could prevent the tool from reading graphics data?

I'd like to try it myself on my system. Can you zip and attach all original PVRZ files from your mod installation?
    edited March 2018
    argent77 said:

Has the conversion tool produced any kind of error or warning message?

No.
    argent77 said:

Does macOS apply some security measures that could prevent the tool from reading graphics data?

Dunno. Maybe @subtledoctor or @AstroBryGuy know more about this.....
    argent77 said:

I'd like to try it myself on my system. Can you zip and attach all original PVRZ files from your mod installation?

Override folder attached (there is also MOS1011A.PVRZ).
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Hmm, conversion worked perfectly fine on my system. I've attached the converted results.
    argent77 said:

Hmm, conversion worked perfectly fine on my system. I've attached the converted results.

Thanks, tomorrow I'll send the folder to my iPad and see what happens....
    argent77 said:

@subtledoctor It worked!!! So, a couple of comments:
    • It seems that most of iOS PVRZ files are of type "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA" (i.e., all those files where width == height). When width ~= height, they're of type "DXT1". -> Anyway, can you confirm that now it's possible to use UI mods and/or mods that add/update areas on iOS devices? It's sufficient to run your tool as the last mod and convert override files into "PVRTC_4BPP_RGBA" (option 4), right?
    • What about Mac users? Are they doomed? It seems your tool doesn't work here.... Can you do something?