• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    I play with TnB and it works fine.
    ThacoBell
  • DymeDefDymeDef Member Posts: 66

I play with TnB and it works fine.

Sweet thanks
    edited January 2018
    I should note, I use FnP always, TnB every so often. Never had conflicts with this. Artemius_I really has this using things that other mods don't touch (this mod plays nice with other mods I find).
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited January 2018
    @Artemius_I, I have my Shadow Disciple closing in on 9th level and I am in Baldurs Gate. I wanted to check on the following things:
    1) Nymbul and Daevorn no longer drop the shadow items (dagger and ring). Only shadow items I have found are what the store has at FAI.
    2) I have not seem any apprentices. I spoke to the guy in FAI and said I would look for them. What did I miss doing?

Since I am nearing the end of BGEE, I wanted to check on the above.

P.S. Do any items carry over to BG2EE or can they all be found again in BG2EE?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Necromanx2
    1) Nymbul and Daevorn no longer drop the shadow items (dagger and ring). Only shadow items I have found are what the store has at FAI.

The dagger and ring were moved to the apprentices.
    2) I have not seem any apprentices. I spoke to the guy in FAI and said I would look for them. What did I miss doing?

Locations of the apprentices:
    Xarius: Valley of the Tombs, easternmost crypt
    Chang: Baldur’s Gate bridge, post-Cloakwood
    Mak’kai: Candlekeep Catacombs (this one may be too late)
    Nym: In a cave south of Beregost
    Ivette: Ulcaster ruins
    edited January 2018
    Hmm. I was in Ulcaster ruins after saying I would find the apprentices and I didn't find one there. I also did not see one on the bridge to Baldurs Gate.

Is there a flag I can look for with EEKeeper to see if the quest activated?
    megas_archon
    @Necromanx2

Global("C0SAQuest1","GLOBAL",1) triggers the spawns.
    I do not see that flag set, so I set it in EEKeeper. Now the apprentices are appearing. Not sure why it didn't set from talking.
    Do they all fight or can they be reasoned with?

I do not see that flag set, so I set it in EEKeeper. Now the apprentices are appearing. Not sure why it didn't set from talking.
    Do they all fight or can they be reasoned with?

They’re all too far gone to be talked to.
    @Artemius_I, you mentioned one of the apprentices is -
    Xarius: Valley of the Tombs, easternmost crypt.
    I have never heard of such a place? Is this by chance the Under City where I fight Sarevoc?
    @Necromanx2

That’s the area you end up in after clearing the Nashkel Mines. The slime Mage can be found in the same area.
    Ah! Thank you!
    edited January 2018
    @Artemius_I, just had my Shade Wolf familiar die fighting an apprentice and it crashed my game.
    EDIT: The Shade Wolf died at the same time the apprentice did. It seemed like it was trying to open a dialog when it crashed.
    I reloaded and beat the apprentice. I then had all my party kill the shade wolf and it did not crash again. Could have been bad timing last time.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Locations of the apprentices:

Xarius: Valley of the Tombs, easternmost crypt
    Chang: Baldur’s Gate bridge, post-Cloakwood
    Mak’kai: Candlekeep Catacombs (this one may be too late)
    Nym: In a cave south of Beregost
    Ivette: Ulcaster ruins
    Huh. I got Nym twice, replacing Chang. I assume that was a bug on my end.

For Mak:

The only concern for the CK catacombs I have is that they're a no-return area, which isn't the case for any of the others, so you can notionally have someone picking up the quest late and then never being able to complete it. But the only other place that I can think of would be the BG sewers with those body piles all over the place, and that might be too early.

It's a shame the scroll reward is only useful to adepts. I've started a Mage/Buckler so Adept is off the table, and it's hard to justify the risk of all the extra mage fights for stuff I won't be able to use at all.

Eh. Maybe I'll corrupt Imoen, I already have a portrait for her.
    edited January 2018
    @Pantalion

I fixed Nym's duplicate appearance in 1.1.
    I may change Mak'kai's location or make him appear regardless of the quest. But honestly I think if the player goes all the way to Chapter 6 without bothering to start the quest then they're probably intentionally avoiding it, especially since Tethtoril in v1.1 tells the PC that he's in the catacombs now.

The reward is scripted so that the party only gets the scrolls as a bonus for having a shadow adept in the party. Otherwise they only get the Shadovar Amulet, which is already a very powerful item and can be used by anyone.
    Post edited by TheArtisan on
    edited January 2018
    I really like the Shadow Disciple!

Just finished the catacombs and all the apprentices worked and I received the final quest reward. As a shadow disciple I can't use the scrolls, but what are you going to do.
    The only thing that bothered me about the apprentices is that they did the exact same thing for their fights. It would have been nice to have some variety.

I was wondering why the belt you can buy has so many negatives (-15hp and -4 save) compared to all the other items you can buy (except candle)? The -4 to save in particular is painful as it is on the save that determines if you take the CON/HP loss per spell casting.
    @Necromanx2

The identical spell scripts is due to my laziness. Planning on adding more variety (probably making Nym and Xarius slightly weaker, Chang slightly stronger and Mak'kai much stronger).

The belt is supposed to be a high-risk high reward option but probably doesn't deliver enough on the reward. I'm going to make it stronger in the following update.
    Three new areas:

The Umbral Arcanaeum

Ebonshade Tavern

Blacksteel Smithy

Mirandel
    The Shade Wolf familiar doesn't seem any faster then the rest of my party. Shouldn't the wolf move a little faster?
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    @Artemius_I hi, I download my BG2 EE, again. This time before adding the other mods, I add shadow magic mod first, then all the others. So your mod now running well until now, I got my shadow monk again :-) . The only issue, I dont know why, is when Im starting a new game with the other classes of your mod, the game breaks, shuts down. Maybe some problem with the other mods? Have a nice evening, take care.
    @Necromanx2

I checked animation data and the shade wolf does have a slightly faster movement rate by animation, however it could maybe use a slight increase.

@Eltharion1979

I can’t tell what’s wrong without a WeiDU log of all the mods you have installed.
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    @Artemius_I hi, at the moment Im really happy having back my shadow monk ;-) thanks a lot for your petient and help so far. So no problem, if I got the time to try the other classes too, I will bother you again. Thank for your time, have a nice evening, take care.
    @Artemius_I, started a new game and went and spoke to Shadovar in FAI. I saved and went into EEKeeper and it did not set the flag (C0SAQuest1) to activate the apprentices quest.
    @Necromanx2

The dialogue is missing a proper script flag. You have to ask the mage about finding the apprentices himself for the script to be set until I add it properly. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    No worries. I just set it in EEKeeper.
    @Artemius_I, my Shadow Disciple is in SoD (10th level). I noticed something odd. The summon shadows creatures count as spirit animals for the limit on Spirit Shaman summons. I have the Goblin shaman (10th level) and if I have all three wraiths from my summon shadows, she can't summon anything even though I have two summons available before I hit the limit of 5 total summons. If I have two or one wraith summoned, then she can summon spirit animals until wraiths + spirit animal = 3. Is this something you intended? For me it is unfortunate as I was hoping to combine them to get 5 total summons.
    @Necromanx2

I have never done anything that may affect shaman summoning mechanics. Are you sure this is not vanilla game behavior?
    It may be. I couldn't summon shadows in vanilla. Does vanilla allow for shadow or wraith summons?
    @Artemius_I

Is this behavior only seen from the shadow summons? What about regular summons?