Skip to content

Barbarian & Shaman

RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
edited January 2018 in The 2.5 Update Beta
It is high time Barbs and Shamans were corrected to adhere to their proper stats and options. The 2.5 update is the time to do this.

Min STATS:

Barb
STR 12
DEX 09
CON 12

Shaman
DEX 09
CON 12
WIS 12

Multi & Dual CLASSING:

Barbarian/Cleric
Barbarian/Shaman
Fighter/Shaman
Proontbob_vengMatthieuDev6Aerakarrede9Loldrup[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrWarChiefZeke

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can you file this on Redmine, please?
    [Deleted User]
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403

We have been remarkably unsuccessful at figuring this out. Is there a Redmine tutorial or explanation that we could follow/reference? Thanks!

JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]WarChiefZeke
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    How would you want the weapon and armor restrictions to work in these cases? Would Barbarian continue to be treated as a Fighter kit, as in 2.3?
    [Deleted User]WarChiefZeke
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Matthieu said:

Barbarians should have never been treated as a kit in the first place IMO. Barbarians in 2nd ed PnP rules are a distinct class introduced in the Barbarian's Handbook.

And the were seperate in the Unearthed Arcana expansion to the first edition, as well. So no dual classing. It might make for more convenient programming, but ...
    Garvin77[Deleted User]WarChiefZeke
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    I stand corrected, though I still think it should be treated a distinct class.

PS: there is a third barbarian class variant in the Oriental Adventures sourcebook. I think they picked the Kensai from there.
    Garvin77ProontRAM021WarChiefZeke
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    RAM021 said:

We have been remarkably unsuccessful at figuring this out. Is there a Redmine tutorial or explanation that we could follow/reference? Thanks!

Sure, https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49845/how-to-report-bugs/p1 (it can be used for reporting feature requests as well). The site has been down for one day, though (should be fixed ASAP).
    RAM021[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehr
  • LoldrupLoldrup Member Posts: 291
    So, has this been redmined?
    If so, whats the link?
    Ifnot: I can do it..
    [Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrRAM021
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I dunno, I tried to Redmine it, but the site has never worked for me.
    RAM021
  • RAM021RAM021 Member Posts: 403
    Loldrup said:

So, has this been redmined?
    If so, whats the link?
    Ifnot: I can do it..

ThacoBell said:

I dunno, I tried to Redmine it, but the site has never worked for me.

Raduziel said:

Feature #35276 opened by me right now.

If this subject was opened earlier, Beamdog will close it as Dupe.

Thank you all!