Skip to content

BG1ee feature request - To control where ALL removed party member go.

rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
edited December 2017 in The 2.5 Update Beta
I play BG1ee 2.5.
Rasaad, Dorn, Neera, Baeloth go to the Friendly Arm Inn when you remove them from the party.
All the other NPC stay where they are.

In BG2ee you can choose both the possibilities. The choice should be backport.

Comments

• Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    Just thought I'd say I second this request! I've only played BG1EE thus far, so I was unaware of the ability to choose what happens to the EE party-members upon dismissal in BG2EE. @rede9 I assume you've created a feature-request ticket? If not, I'll gladly create one for you! (I'm a native English-speaker, so I figured it might be better if I create a ticket. No offence, of course!)
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited December 2017
    You're welcome. But if it... were... done there I would take an eventual badge (Clairvoyance , @JuliusBorisov ?)

(PS: Since I'm not mother-tongue, is "If it were" the right structure of the second conditional?)
    Post edited by rede9 on
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    edited December 2017
    The feature is available through a number of mods since a long time already. Re-inventing the wheel here ?

Examples:
    The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn
    SCS component 4120=NPCs go to inns
    etc
    edited December 2017

The feature is available through a number of mods since a long time already. Re-inventing the wheel here ?

Examples:
    The BG1 NPC Project: NPCs can be sent to wait in an inn
    SCS component 4120=NPCs go to inns
    etc

This feature is not a whim and we must take advantage of a neverending supported game!
    edited December 2017
    Garvin77 said:

Just thought I'd say I second this request! I've only played BG1EE thus far, so I was unaware of the ability to choose what happens to the EE party-members upon dismissal in BG2EE. @rede9 I assume you've created a feature-request ticket? If not, I'll gladly create one for you! (I'm a native English-speaker, so I figured it might be better if I create a ticket. No offence, of course!)

I have had to open another ticket so i opened even this one. Any spelling errors in there?
    https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34627
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    @rede9 Sorry, I've been getting a new computer set up, and completely forgot about this conversation! Let me check that ticket real quick . . .

P.S. "If it were done" would be correct, at least for my regional variant of English (I tend to use Canadian English spellings with General American syntax and grammar, which should be fairly universal). "Were" is the past-tence/preterite, and since you (ahem) "were" referencing an earlier comment, then it would be correct (I guess this is where the second conditional comes in: "would" is also the preterite, but is used in a slightly different manner . . . I'll have to look up the exact conjugations of "to be").

P.P.S. Don't worry about your grammar; I've seen far worse from native speakers!
    edited January 2018
    rede9 said:

This feature is not a whim and we must take advantage of a neverending supported game!

Trent Oster has ruled this feature is a good concept for a mod. How convenience. Alas and alack.

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    rede9 said:

rede9 said:

Trent Oster has ruled this feature is a good concept for a mod. How convenience. Alas and alack.

What? Where? You feature request is still on Redmine, along with many other feature requests, and no decision has been made yet.
    edited January 2018

What? Where?

January 26 Livestream, Part 2, 2:07.
  • lujolujo Member Posts: 236
    edited February 2018
    I'm replaying BG1 after what seems like a million years, and I made this a request, and then saw this as a request here. I wholeheartedly support it.

AFAIK the reason there's so many NPC's in BG1 was that the devs expected them to die often. Whether they do or don't, it goes to show that there's way too many to keep track of them. It's not a mod thing, and shouldn't be. I'm playing without mods, and developers really shouldn't expect the average customer to go look up mods for things like this. If they had the good sense to put it on EE extra characters, they really ought to put it on original ones, too.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    That would be tweaking the original characters, which they may perhaps not be allowed to do.

I actually find it annoying that Rasaad keeps wandering off to Nashkel. Sure, sending NPCs to convenient locations is nice on occasion, but if all NPCs had the EE behavior on default, it would be pretty annoying.
    I wanted to say that myself, to correct what I said previously.

The ideal solution would be to:

Give the NPC's another line of dialogue in their dialogue when you can re-recruit them which says "Meet me at the Friendly Arm In." It would be unobtrusive, user friendly, and you could probably sneak it onto the original characters without anyone complaining about it.

Also, yes, Rasaad randomly returning to Nashkel as opposed to the others is quite annoying.
    lujo said:

Also, yes, Rasaad randomly returning to Nashkel as opposed to the others is quite annoying.

No, I asked a backporting from BG2ee where Viconia goes to the cemetery; Valigar, Mazzy, Jan to their houses etc.
    Different places are good role-play, but I want at least a place for each NPC.

rede9 said:

I suspect the stream was not keeping up with this thread, which might give them a chance to reconsider.
    Then I should summon @TrentOster @PhillipDaigle
    edited February 2018
    rede9 said:

Different places are good role-play, but I want at least a place for each NPC.

It's very impractical though. The point of them not waiting for you where you leave them is to not have them wait for you in the middle of nowhere, but instead to meet up with you later in a place which is kinda central to the map. If someone's not returning to Firendly Arm Inn they might as well stay where they are from a practical point of view. From a roleplay point of view Neera shouldn't be staying in an inn full of people where you can bump into random blackguards or adventureres. And from the point of view of "I bought Baldurs Gate, not Baldurs Gate 2, don't port things which would make it more inconvenient to play, do things to make it less inconvenient", read what's in the quotes. Rasaads going back to Nashkel translates into him not even waiting in the middle of nowhere if you leave him there but moving to another, likely even more out of the way, bit of nowhere, and is terrible. Just saying.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    They all need 3-5 randomly assigned places to meet them again to make it more realistic, and they should give indication where to go and if you follow the clue you either find them or find an npc who points you to other breadcrumbs that allow you to track them to where they are.