Skip to content

Ban Log

bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
i would like for there to be a thread where moderators post who's banned and a short 1-5 word grounds for the ban (X user is banned for flaming) etc.

i find it annoying as a longtime member when people who've been members for a while and some of whose posts i might have liked (or found amusing, or even disliked) "get disappeared" and i don't know what the reason is

so just for the sake of transparency... no debate or petitions or something...

if there already is a similar thread i'm sorry, i couldn't find it

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Eh, I doubt such a thing would be a good idea for many reasons, most of which have already been said here.

In any case, there has never been any rule against asking a moderator in PM why someone was banned. We are quite willing to be transparent on why people were banned in most cases, but I don't like the idea of shouting it to the whole world by default. Our decisions are final, of course, but we would most likely be willing to explain what we do if people really want to know.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    I don't really want to debate the proposal, so i'm just going to say that of the two abovementioned reasons why it might not be the best idea, I only agree with people liking/agreeing the post being a bit of a problem.
    aside from that, I still think it's a very good idea.
  • PaulaMigratePaulaMigrate Member Posts: 1,201
    In a community forum you may expect that the administrators provide some reason for their actions. But here you are on a commercial forum and you signed your soul to the dev...beamdog. They act on behalf of a company and are liable to their boss but not to the forum members. You accept these conditions by being here.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    okay.