Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Don't run to the area to the south of the FAI. The likelihood of having your beauty sleep interrupted is much higher there and don't try to rest at the FAI. Interruptions are certain there.

You can actually sleep in the temple at the FAI, I discovered. Didn't get interrupted, but may have been lucky I suppose.
    semiticgoddessStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

@Wise_Grimwald: If my memory is correct, in my install, it was impossible to leave the area until the quest was complete, so resting was impossible. This is the Grey Clan mod, right?

It is indeed the Grey Clan Mod and in my installation it was possible to leave: not in my current installation as it isn't currently installed.
    lolien
    Grond0 said:

Pantalion said:

@semiticgod

Is there a reason you're doing the Ragefast fight every time, or does Frisk just not have the Charisma to pull off the talky-no-jutsu option even with Friends?

There is a slight benefit to fighting. Not only do you get Ragefast's equipment, but also the nymph cloak directly from Abela (otherwise you get a lock of hair that you have to pay to have upgraded into the nymph cloak).
    Well, you can always talk her free then kill Ragefast afterwards, but point taken for the 4000 GP or whatever it costs.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

If this was v2.5, Frisk would be able to gain immunity using a Protection from Undead scroll. But I accidentally made this a v2.3 install, so that's not an option.

From the context I suspect you mean a protection from poison scroll here.
    semiticgoddessArctodusJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2018
    That awkward feeling when you have no recollection what you were doing, and so decide to get tomes instead.

Aura can't gib ghouls and ghasts, but her level 5 turn undead is enough to herd enemies away. Since I'm being unfair, Jack 9k1 and team head for the most unfair spot first: The tomb with the wyvren summoning amulet and the ring of x2 spells in every slot that only pure mages, and Jack, can use.

Since there's a limit to how much ridiculous I can take, even in this run dedicated to ridiculousness, I'll be restricting the "wyvren's" to mod specific dungeons that have been completed repeatedly to minimise my tedium.

Now I'm not scrabbling to survive or exterminating instantly without giving them a chance to save, the cheaty nature of their spellcasting is very obvious.

Unfortunately some quick checks with spells show that for some reason the caster level bonuses of Loremaster and the caster level from intelligence are either not stacking, or one of them is entirely absent. If it's the loremaster bonus that's missing, so be it, but if it's the intelligence bonus that's absent then that means he may as well be using every tome he sees with the wand, since he'll never be getting a 20 CL in BG1/SoD.

Also unfortunately, still no Ghost Mage #5. Anyone know if there's a trigger to making that one appear? Or is it just broken? Pretty sure no red mages either without it.

Stupid powerful katana is stupid powerful.

At least partly due to Jack's monstrous strength, 3 APR with no TWF penalty is enough to take down the Doomspeaker in single melee combat with a single layer of stoneskin even if it is immune to the hold effect. The sabre is consigned to mod-only status too, like its 5 APR throwing dagger cousin.

Two tomes, two party mates lost. I think to Xvarts. I wasn't paying much attention, but pretty sure they didn't actually have melee weapons. Since there aren't any tomes behind locks right now, they join the other restless spirits haunting Jack, whose apathy is palpable.

That's... 2/3 Strength and the Wisdom tome used, and Con, Cha, and 1/3 Wis tomes stored for SoD. Woooo.

Time to leave Dynaheir to her horrible culinary fate and go progress the plot to spawn more assassins/unique gear to plunder, I guess.
    ArctodusStummvonBordwehrEnuhalJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Pantalion said:

Since there's a limit to how much ridiculous I can take, even in this run dedicated to ridiculousness, I'll be restricting the "wyvren's" to mod specific dungeons that have been completed repeatedly to minimise my tedium.

That's the spirit!
    Pantalion said:

Unfortunately some quick checks with spells show that for some reason the caster level bonuses of Loremaster and the caster level from intelligence are either not stacking, or one of them is entirely absent. If it's the loremaster bonus that's missing, so be it, but if it's the intelligence bonus that's absent then that means he may as well be using every tome he sees with the wand, since he'll never be getting a 20 CL in BG1/SoD.

When I was doing some testing in Near Infinity a while back, I found that caster level bonuses overrode each other instead of stacking. Apparently that's never been patched out, presumably because the unmodded game only has two sources of caster level bonuses and therefore the non-stacking behavior would never be visible: the Robe of Minor Arcana from SoD and the Wild Mage random bonuses (which I'm not even sure use the same opcode).
    PantalionStummvonBordwehrlolien
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    ...Potions' effects stacking exploit should definitely be removed from the game once and for all. Its' presence just completely destroys the gameplay...
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    semiticgod said:Frisk: A Solo Archer/Mage in Legacy of Bhaal Mode

Part 16: Siege of Dragonspear

From there, we follow the same formula up until Thrix. We don't need to fight his goons more than once; all we have to do to get past him is solve his riddle. I make absolutely sure that I don't press the wrong button by accident, because giving Thrix the wrong answer means instant death.

Solving fun puzzles fills us with determination.

I have completed SoD a few times, (Three times I think) and yet have never met Thrix.

What do you have to do, or where do you have to go to meet him/her/it?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Wise_Grimwald: Thrix is the Cornugon that shows up right before the elevator to Belhifet. I'm pretty sure he always appears. You need to talk to him to open the door to the elevator.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @Wise_Grimwald I think you must have met him - I assume though that you just killed him rather than indulging him in conversation. He guards the doorway to the elevator up to Belhifet. You can get through the door by either killing him, or by killing the demons he summons and then answering his riddle (the latter approach also gets you a choice of one of three worthwhile magic items). There's also a way to get through the door using an exploit, but I don't suppose you're interested in that.
    StummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisov
    @Grond0 Brute force and ignorance, that's me. :D
    ArctodusStummvonBordwehrAerakarJuliusBorisov