Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Harpagornis: No Red Potion for Frisk due to rushing through BG1, and we only had 60 Potions of Invisibility due to rushing through SoD as well. No pips in morningstars or single-weapon style, either, because I didn't anticipate needing them in this fight. The math checks out for 130+ Potions of Invisibility (1,460 damage assuming optimal gameplay and no setbacks), but in this run, if I had used hit-and-run from the beginning, we'd have only dealt about 560 damage before running out, compared to 700-800 from kiting alone.

Hit-and-fade tactics can work for an Archer/Mage, but not with the limited resources at my disposal. If I had combined hit-and-fade with kiting and used a slightly different pattern, I could have taken down Belhifet without using Arrows of Detonation, but it would have been fairly close with only 60 Potions of Invisibility.
    StummvonBordwehrHarpagornisWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    Q= what class is this?
    Ranger, Bard... perhaps a mage

• Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Thief w/scout kit from Might & Guile perhaps.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Looks to me like a crossbow specially adapted for firing Flasher Master Bruiser Mates - so the character could be a mage/thief ;).
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Pantalion said:

Please tell me this isn't the most ridiculous fight in the mod. I need waaaay more than a dozen skeleton warriors, instagib flame strikes and Noober level "Am I dead yet? How about now? How about now? How about now?"

I actually found the mages in Beregost harder, but that is probably because I didn't discover the answers to dealing with them as quickly as I did for the Grachus fight. The main answer to Grachus was haste and wand of summoning.

Knowing your spellbook is the answer to the mages. Plus the knowledge you get from playing them previously.

I'll have to reinstall it next time to jog my memory as to how I fought him.
    PantalionStummvonBordwehrJuliusBorisovlolien