Skip to content

Critter Parts mini-mod for Baldur’s Gate: EE

Comments

• RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @Amnesia
    The lack of weight was not an oversight. We set it up that way on purpose. If you read the other posts that were made today you will discover what was decided about timers, and why. The current timer is working as intended.

Though I appreciate your enthusiasm, I’m really not interested in getting into another discussion with you about how things should or should not be done. Please save your ideas for your own mod.
    baldurskjd
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited November 2017
    Also another bug, well a mess with spiders really.

You can create infinite gold by filling Sildah's inventory and she will take a spider part, give the item and the spider part you gave her will over flow on the ground and then you can pick it off the ground and repeat infinite amount of times. Or you can use one spider part and pick pocket the spider part you gave her and have infinite rewards that way. She must destroy the items given to her in the transaction :-P.

Also: The party should give Sildah a default regular version of a missile projectile and a Spider Venom she can coat it in venom [e.g. Destroys the 'AROW01.ITM' and RLSPVEN.ITM and creates 'RLVAROW1'.ITM]. Also Sildah should be unable to create projectiles out of thin air and also she is a Fighter / Druid (and druids prefer to not create goods from metal like most of the default projectiles)

The item rewards are very powerful (farm-able) and I would strongly recommend creating more 'healthy' items from scratch.

Damage: (default projectile type damage) +1 venom damage every 2 seconds for 40 seconds (Save vs. Poison to negate) [from AROW14.ITM]
    This is basically 20 damage over 40 seconds if the target's poison save fails. This will give a venom effect and still be worth the trek back to Sildah for basically projectiles of venom on demand for spiders are a random encounter and can be farmed. Also the sell price should be default price + 5 gold.

Arrow of Venom [RLVAROW1.ITM] (5 gold)
    Bolt of Venom [RLVBOLT1.ITM] (5 gold)
    Dart of Venom [RLVDART1.ITM] (5 gold)
    Bullet of Venom [RLVBULL1.ITM] (5 gold)
    Throwing Dagger of Venom [RLVDAGG1.ITM] (6 gold)
    Throwing Axe of Venom [RLVAX1H1.ITM] (6 gold)
    @WithinAmnesia
    Please stop derailing this thread with your own ideas about how things should be done.
    Aedanbaldurskjd
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Ravenslight Yeah, turns out I was just super impatient with the wait. Timer worked exactly as described.
    Ravenslight
    ThacoBell said:

@Ravenslight Yeah, turns out I was just super impatient with the wait. Timer worked exactly as described.

Wonderful! Thank you for letting me know. :)
  • JasonX2JasonX2 Member Posts: 7
    I think- This mod actually breaks Potion consumption- as I've noticed no animatation or anything of the like kicks in when I quaff, but with the meat- it works-
    I can still drink potions just fine. I don't recall there ever being an animation for using potions in BG2.
    tbone1
    JasonX2
    I’ve not experienced this problem. Though I am uncertain if the newest patches have affected those animations.
    tbone1
    Well, nothing seems to happen when I quaff one, I don't heal
    JasonX2 said:

Well, nothing seems to happen when I quaff one, I don't heal

Are you trying to drink more than 1 potion a round with the same character? Is an autopause preventing the character from taking the action after clicking?
    It could also be another mod causing the problem. I can't replicate your problem on my install.
    Ravenslight
    Wait, I have v2.1, is 1.1 a newer version? I looked at the numbering and it's going backwards? ???
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    Where can you find Tobias, after his dad says he's missing? I've scoured the entire North Nashkel Road and I'm not seeing him anywhere.
    Ravenslight
    @Apocrypha
    Tobias should be found in the North Nashkel Road area, after speaking with Mr. Tanner, but not on the road itself. The PC must be visible to Tobias as he/she walks near. Try searching the large rock outcropping about mid map. x=2725, y=2351

It is possible to insult Mr. Tanner (by insulting his son) in which case he will not ask for help. If this happens, then Tobias will not be found in the North Nashkel area.

I hope this helps. :)
    tbone1
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    @Ravenslight

It did! I found him, thank you!
    Ravenslight
    You are most welcome. :)
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I thought I’d add another thanks for a mod production that I now consider an essential one for inclusion in any playthrough of mine. Regardless of class choice, this mod is uber useful to a fun experience. Thanks for putting it together, @Ravenslight and teammates.
    ZaghoulRavenslighttbone1

I thought I’d add another thanks for a mod production that I now consider an essential one for inclusion in any playthrough of mine. Regardless of class choice, this mod is uber useful to a fun experience. Thanks for putting it together, @Ravenslight and teammates.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you are enjoying the mod. It is much appreciated. :)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    This mod looks great, any plans to make it EET compatible?
    Ravenslight
    Possibly, once we are done fussing with it. ;)
    Ulb
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    @Ravenslight

I am actually working on my BGEE/SoD install order. When should i install your mod ?

My install order is mainly going to follow the general Install Order from Scale of Balance readme by @subtledoctor :smile:

[quest mods]
    [NPC mods]
    [item mods including Item Revisions]
    [spell mods including Spell Revisions and IWDification]
    [small kit mods]
    Divine Remix (probably only few kits for testing)
    Song & Silence
    Rogue Rebalancing
    Monastic Orders of Faerun
    Tome & Blood
    Faiths & Powers or Deities of Faerûn (hard choice to make !!)
    Might and Guile
    [tweak mods including Tweaks Anthology]
    Scales of Balance
    SCS
    NPC_EE, Randomiser
    [GUI stuff]

Considering this load Order backbone, in what category should i incorporate your mod ?

Ravenslight
    @Mordekaie I've always installed this as a quest mod.
    Ravenslight
    @ThacoBell

I guess and without specific instruction from the readme, i put it at the end of the [BGEE quest mods] group

Ravenslight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ThacoBellGrammarsalad
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Mordekaie

If you install DoF first, the file that @subtledoctor mentioned is automatically copied to your override folder.

Or you can install FnP, option 3 (only spheres) and install DoF in the second place. This way you get FnP's spheres and DoF's kits.

If you install DoF before FnP and want to use the Velsharoon kit, don't forget to reinstall it after FnP for better results (it has a code that reads all the Necromancy spells and prevents double-entries on the spellbook).

If you need further enlightenment you can PM me, refer to DoF's thread or mention me on FnP's thread and I'll happily instruct you.

---

@Ravenslight

First, sorry for the off-topic.

Second, great job!

Third, I'm not sure if dread wolf or vampiric wolf should be embraced by this mod. Definitely not the eatable part.

Ravenslight
    @raduziel

I will test F&P and DoF and i have been already digging the "Divine subject" (but this is off-topic).

Thanks for the proposal and i will.
    @Mordikaie

Though I am not personally familiar with every mod on your list, I believe that it should work well installed with other quest mods. (Thanks for helping out here @ThacoBell )

@Raduziel

Thank you :)

There is a plan to eventually replace dread and vampiric wolf drops with something that will be more appropriate, to be used in completing an additional quest. In the mean time, be sure to cook that meat thoroughly! ;)
    ZaghoulRaduzielThacoBell
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I strongly advise to boil it in holy water before eating.
    ThacoBellRavenslightGrammarsaladshadowhawk703
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello,
    any chance for an update + compatibility for EET?
    RavenslightjasteyTimbo0o0o0
    Update? Definitely, though I can’t yet say when. Compatibility with EET? Not sure yet. Though if there is enough interest in that, I suspect he will eventually do so.

Thank you for expressing your interest in such an update. :)
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Update? Definitely, though I can’t yet say when. Compatibility with EET? Not sure yet. Though if there is enough interest in that, I suspect he will eventually do so.

Thank you for expressing your interest in such an update. :)

I am very interested in an update! I'm working on a mod that will be very happy to find this one installed (druids in particular will be happy)!
    RavenslightArthas