Skip to content

Czech localization added to Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition on Beamdog, Steam & GOG

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited March 2019 in čeština
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Update 3.1.4 is now live on Steam, and it has the built-in Czech translation.

The translation will be rolled out on Beamdog, GOG, and the Mac App store in the near future and will be included on Google Play and the iOS App Store in a later patch.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/10/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition_24.html

Please, report any feedback about the translation.

Update: The 3.1.4 patch for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition (which includes the Czech localization) has been live on Beamdog for a while now! If you have it installed via the Beamdog Client, it should either already be version 3.1.4, or updateable to 3.1.4 now. You can confirm the version number in the lower-right corner of the main menu after launching. http://blog.beamdog.com/2019/03/beamdog-update-march-19-2019.html

It was also uploaded to GOG. https://www.gog.com/forum/planescape_torment_enhanced_edition/changelog/post2
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
tbone1[Deleted User]Peccarede9lolien

Comments

• KokocudaciKokocudaci Member Posts: 239

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition Update 3.1.4 is now live on Steam, and it has the built-in Czech translation.

The translation will be rolled out on Beamdog, GOG, and the Mac App store in the near future and will be included on Google Play and the iOS App Store in a later patch.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/10/planescape-torment-enhanced-edition_24.html

Please, report any feedback about the translation.

What about that czech translation on google play? Thank you.
    Caszidy
    @JuliusBorisov Please can you tell us when can we expect czech translation on google play? Thank you.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    I hear you! I've passed your question to the team, still awaiting for the answer.
  • LyriqLyriq Member Posts: 27
    Ive purchased the ios version of the game soon after its release. I havent played it, because Ive been told, that czech translation is on the way. During the summer it was completed, but we are still waiting. I understand english, it is not an issue for me to play the game, but I'd like to play it in czech because of nostalgia. I know you guys have got a lot of work to do all the time, but I hope that you can understand why I am strongly disappointed.
    Caszidy
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    PST:EE in Czech for other platforms won't be happening this year. This issue has been brought up, though.
    @JuliusBorisov That we already knew from your first post. Well, let's hope Beamdog will handle it during next year, translation was done in August.
    JuliusBorisov
    An update: PST:EE in Czech for other platforms is still in the works, won't happen until post 2.5/SoD on mobile.
    Caszidy

An update: PST:EE in Czech for other platforms is still in the works, won't happen until post 2.5/SoD on mobile.

Thanks for update.
    JuliusBorisov
    Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition will get a Czech localization (currently available only on Steam) on Beamdog, GOG and other platforms soon.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/02/february-9-livestream-recap.html
    edited February 2018
    @JuliusBorisov Sorry but it's a pity that Beamdog isn't able to add to Google Play the localization that was already finished more than half year ago. It was promised in October. I'm really sorry I bought that game already, wasted money.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DudoDudo Member Posts: 361

@JuliusBorisov Sorry but it's a pity that Beamdog isn't able to add to Google Play the localization that was already finished more than half year ago. It was promised in October. I'm really sorry I bought that game already, wasted money.

A to uz ani radsej nespominam Baldurs Gate 2 a Siege of Dragonspear, tam sa prekladu asi nedockame nidky !!!
    @JuliusBorisov I will just try to ask, any news about Google Play PST czech localization? We are still waiting. Thx
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for your patience!

Have just asked once again. With current QA resources PST:EE getting a Czech localization on other platforms than Steam won't happen until post the 2.5 patch for BG1:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE is released.
    Caszidy
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Thanks for your patience!

Have just asked once again. With current QA resources PST:EE getting a Czech localization on other platforms than Steam won't happen until post the 2.5 patch for BG1:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE is released.

Which also gives Beamdog some time to work on a new PST:EE patch :smile:

Caszidy
    Yes, a patch for PST:EE has been mentioned a few times during livestreams, so there's hope that once the 2.5 patch for BG1:EE, BG2:EE and IWD:EE is released, time will come for patching PST:EE.
    Caszidy
    @JuliusBorisov Two months later and still nothing. Your promises are starting to be ridiculous.
    edited May 2018
    Well,

the 2.5 patch for BG1:EE, BG2:EE is

still not released.

From a week ago:

Currently Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition with Czech localization is available only on Steam. We plan to get it on Beamdog.com, GOG, Google Play, the App Store and the Mac App Store soon.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/may-18-livestream-recap.html
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    So @JuliusBorisov how it’s going? Anything new on the subject?
    Thanks for asking. The 2.5 patch for BGII:EE is out, but the one for BG:EE is still in the works.
    The Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition 3.1.4 build, which includes the Czech localization (currently available from Steam), will roll out to all platforms after our work on the 2.5 patches is done.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/07/july-13-livestream-recap.html

The Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition 3.1.4 build, which includes the Czech localization (currently available from Steam), will roll out to all platforms after our work on the 2.5 patches is done.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/07/july-13-livestream-recap.html

Nothing new, we are still waiting. It's a year already.
    Lyriq
    edited September 2018
    So, any approximated release date? :) I know it's not up to you, but it's just taking forever...
    Kokocudacikevin36
    @JuliusBorisov Thats incredible. Translation was finished over a year ago (not by Beamdog btw) and Beamdog still isn't capable to implement it to googleplay version. Got money already, they just don't care at all. It's really a shame and ridicule to players.
    Hi! Just during the last livestream Luke Rideout and Lee Guille have talked about this issue. Now when the 2.5 patch is fully finished, the 3.1.4 version will come to GOG, Google Play, etc.

Bringing the 3.1.4 build for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition to other platforms is something we’re working towards! Just like the 2.5 builds for the Mac App Store, it does need a fair amount of testing. We don’t have any specific ETA, but Luke hopes to get it into your hands pretty soon, especially for GOG players!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/09/september-28-livestream-recap.html
    edited October 2018

Hi! Just during the last livestream Luke Rideout and Lee Guille have talked about this issue. Now when the 2.5 patch is fully finished, the 3.1.4 version will come to GOG, Google Play, etc.

Bringing the 3.1.4 build for Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition to other platforms is something we’re working towards! Just like the 2.5 builds for the Mac App Store, it does need a fair amount of testing. We don’t have any specific ETA, but Luke hopes to get it into your hands pretty soon, especially for GOG players!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/09/september-28-livestream-recap.html

Hi, so I will translate it for myself. Basically it means that next gog.cz platform will be finished and then (maybe around winter 2019) we will finaly get localization on googleplay. That localization have to be for some reasons connected with 3.1.4 version and that have to be tested for such a long time. And all that was promissed around October 2017. OK, thanks, implementing translated text into game that is finished seems much more difficult than I thought. To know in advance I would never buy it.
  • DudoDudo Member Posts: 361
    and what about czech localization for BG2EE and SoD please ?
    @JuliusBorisov Hey man, we forgot for anniversary. Last month it was a year when you promised us implementation of finished czech localization to android version. And we missed that!!! So bottle of booze and cheers to Beamdog ;)
    @JuliusBorisov Hey man, is there any chance for a little Christmas miracle..? We would really appreciate after all this time... Nice holidays to you and whole beamdog family anyway! :smile:
    @Lyriq No Christmas surprice from Beamdog. So sad, at least some new promise would be nice... ;)
    Lyriq