Skip to content

2.0 update ETA?

14567810»

Comments

• SardocSardoc Member Posts: 16
    I hope there's gonna be another beta, cos quite a lot of 2.0 features weren't even there in IWD (improved AI scripts, character info sheet improvements, Heart of Fury doesn't stay on...)
    fetito666
  • GawainBSGawainBS Member Posts: 523
    Any news on the patch?
    saox
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We're rolling out an early version of the 2.5 update (i.e. not a beta but a patch!) to Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition on Google Play due to crashing issues on that platform with the previous retail build.

Android players will see v2.5.13.2 made available over the next few days. Other platforms will be updated when the full 2.5 update is ready.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-25-update.html
    StummvonBordwehrBalrog99Quartz
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Yaaaay closer and closer :smile: Stoked.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I'm patiently waiting for the update before playing again. Any word on a timetable?
    JuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    edited April 2018
    No exact date, but IWD:EE was the first game which got a new build of the 2.5 beta, so it may serve as an indication.

"We plan to start releasing final 2.5 patches towards the end of this month."
    http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/04/april-6-livestream-recap.html
    StummvonBordwehrQuartzProont
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Thanks for the quick reply @JuliusBorisov.
    I eagerly await starting my all druid/shaman run!
    JuliusBorisovQuartz
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
  • DrChopsDrChops Member Posts: 5

@subtledoctor , our QA team has looked at your question and here is what they have to say:

The following file extensions are recognized in the game on iOS.

bg1character, bg2character, iwdcharacter
    bg1data, bg2data, iwddata
    bg1portrait, bg2portrait, iwdportrait
    bg1override, bg2override, iwdoverride
    bg1sounds, bg2sounds, iwdsounds
    bg1save, bg1mpsave, bg1bpsave, bg1mpbpsave,
    bg2save, bg2mpsave, bg2bpsave, bg2mpbpsave,
    iwdsave, iwdmpsave

These file types are split up into 6 types.
    *character - extracts to home:/characters
    *data - extracts to home:/
    *portrait - extracts to home:/portraits
    *override - extracts to home:/override
    *sounds - extracts to home:/sounds
    *save - extracts to home:/save, bpsave, mpsave, etc.

home:/ resolves to the writeable location inside the app.

This can get data in appropriate places, but the tlk files load out of the install:/ folder. We would need to add support for this directly to the engine.

Using the iOS 11.4 and the app store BGEE, i start BP and long-tap the quick-save button to create a local file 000000001-Quick-Save.bg1bpsave. However, the file type is unregistered and export (box with up-arrow) cannot be used to open the file in BGEE. I haven't tried the "mpsave" variants, but bg1save and bg1character work (as does sodsave). Can anyone suggest a fix?

Many Thanks!
    @DrChops Zip and upload your save at support.baldursgate.com so that our QA could help you (and if there's a bug, track it).

@DrChops Zip and upload your save at support.baldursgate.com so that our QA could help you (and if there's a bug, track it).

Done and done. Bug #37766 (I filed the report as a client bug.) Thanks for your quick reply, and help!
    JuliusBorisov
    DrChops said:

Done and done. Bug #37766 (I filed the report as a client bug.) Thanks for your quick reply, and help!
    QA is still looking at it, but here is an interim fix: (backup the device first, just in case!)
    - delete SoD
    - offload BGEE (thus retaining the data)
    - reinstall BGEE
    and the .bg1bpsave file type will be recognized. Note that you won't have SoD to play, so it's not a full fix.
    JuliusBorisov