Skip to content

[MOD] Lefreut's enhanced UI (for BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE and EET)

Comments

• ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    @ALIEN You tagged the wrong person.
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    ALIEN said:

Agree, but if the mod is already installed, players tend to ignore new mod releases until they finish playthrough because reinstalling everything might break save game in terms of string/kit/abilities.
    And if they use BWS, new mod versions will be used. I'm not sure that simple 'notifier' is worth the effort.

I simply uninstall the old version and install the new version, and it works.
    This is the only mod I update in the middle of a campaign.

• pacodawgpacodawg Member Posts: 8
    Hi! i was trying to get mr2150's journal mod to work with this (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/60029/mod-journal-fixes-for-bgee-bg2ee-and-bgee-sod-v2-2/p2 , followed the instructions for manual installation on top of your full UI) - i.e. i have your UI installed and attempted to revert to the newer pop-up journal
    and i have almost everything working.

all quests are appearing correctly (i also have your simple journal fixes applied), but the actual journal entries do not appear. in the 'journal' section of the journal menu there are only timestamps, but no text or information.

any ideas/suggestions?

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @pacodawg can you attach your UI.menu file so I can check it?
  • TemarielTemariel Member Posts: 42
    Hi,

First of all, let me just say thank you very much for this mod. It's great. Well done. With that said, I just want to know how to change the opacity of the main chat window. As it stands, I find it too transparent and the text thus too difficult to read.

If it is not too much trouble, I'd also appreciate it if you tell me how I might change the colours of the different font categories as well (e.g., quest font, exp font, etc.).

Thank you

T
    Temariel said:

First of all, let me just say thank you very much for this mod. It's great. Well done. With that said, I just want to know how to change the opacity of the main chat window. As it stands, I find it too transparent and the text thus too difficult to read.

The dialog textures are box5.PVRZ and box5.MOS (which use MOS4290.PVRZ). You can use NearInfinity to extract them as PNG, then you can edit them and re-encode them (again with NearInfinity).
    Temariel said:

If it is not too much trouble, I'd also appreciate it if you tell me how I might change the colours of the different font categories as well (e.g., quest font, exp font, etc.).

The fonts colors are in BGEE.lua.

-- AABBGGRR
    fontcolors['1'] = 'FFCAE2E9' -- title
    fontcolors['2'] = 'FFCAE2E9' -- title highlight
    fontcolors['3'] = 'FFCAE2E9' -- subtitle
    fontcolors['4'] = 'FFEEFFFF' -- subtitle highlight
    fontcolors['5'] = 'FF000000' -- parchment
    fontcolors['6'] = 'FFEEFFFF' -- parchment highlight
    fontcolors['7'] = 'FF000000' -- alternate parchment
    fontcolors['8'] = 'FF102526' -- alternate parchment highlight
    fontcolors['9'] = 'FFCDD6D9' -- semitrans dark background
    fontcolors['A'] = 'FFFDE6E9' -- semitrans dark background highlight
    fontcolors['B'] = 'FFCECECE'
    fontcolors['C'] = 'FFC8F0C8' -- Minty update color
    fontcolors['D'] = 'FF96C8FF' -- orangy subtitle color
    fontcolors['R'] = 'FF0000FF' -- red
    fontcolors['G'] = 'FF00FF00' -- green
    fontcolors['M'] = 'FF000080' -- parchment red
    fontcolors['$'] = 'FF82E6FF' -- gold yellow/orange
    Plus the colors from my mod in M_STYLES.lua:
    fontcolors['D'] = 'FFA9D4FF'
    fontcolors['S'] = 'FF0066FF'
    fontcolors['H'] = 'FF00B7FF'
    You can put the lines with the new color you want at the end of M_STYLES.lua, it will override the value from BGEE.lua.
  • BloodstoneBloodstone Member Posts: 99
    What the heck am I doing wrong............grrrrr........lefruet, I downloaded and put the LEUI in the game folder, c:/........steam/steamapps/common/baldurs gate enhanced edition/and unpacked the archive, I'm constantly getting an error that it has to be in a game folder (which it is) or that SETUP LEUI.TP2 not found....what am i doing wrong?
    @Bloodstone The error about the game folder means that setup-LeUI.exe is not in the correct folder. SETUP LEUI.TP2 not found means that the .exe is at the correct place but not the LeUI folder.

The game folder is the folder with the chitin.key file. You need to put setup-LeUI.exe and the LeUI folder there.
    Bloodstone
    @lefreut thank you that did the trick, not sure why I couldn't get it to unpack properly. oh well, thanks for the help.
    @lefreut thank you that did the trick, not sure why I couldn't get it to unpack properly. oh well, thanks for the help.
  • kaitenkaiten Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    Hello @lefreut. I am currently starting BG2 EE and I intalled your journal mod with the old version of it and the fixes and I have to say it look amazing compared to the original one on the current version of the game. I've noticed something very weird while I was testing it how it works. Usually I was closing the journal with the X in the right corner /the current version/. I see that your version doesn't have an X so I wanted just to use the default keybind - "J" to open and close it but for some reason the keybind does not work for closing - I can just open it with J :< . I tried to remove it and test it without the mod and "J" works fine for closing the journal . Any idea what may cause that ?
    I installed the journal mod using the EEUITweaks !
    @kaiten Reverting the journal to the old look and behavior requires a lots of changes in a lot of places of the UI. The component in EEUITweaks does not have all of the code from my full UI mod ("J" works fine with the full mod).

I'll see if I can add the missing piece into EEUITweaks.

You can use escape as an alternative to close the journal.
  • kaitenkaiten Member Posts: 19
    edited March 2018
    I was hoping that it was something simple to fix but I guess it is not :<. Something else that I noticed - when I open the journal with J and close the journal with Esc or the Journal button and then try to open it again with J - the button does not work on the first use. It feels like the button/the keybind/ is disabled or something. When I hit it twice it works again
    Post edited by kaiten on
    @kaiten yes there are some cases where it's not working properly. IWDEE 2.5 beta have the old journal look and they made some engine changes to be able to do that. I'm waiting for the BGEE/BG2EE 2.5 beta update to see if if also contains these changes.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Are there any plans to make this mod compatible with IWDEE once it's properly updated to 2.x?
    @Thels do you want the BG2EE (or BGEE or SoD) skin in IWDEE or do you want the same improvement I made here in a mod for IWDEE with the IWDEE skin?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    I think eventually an IWDEE skin would be nice to have, but even for convenience sake, the BGEE/SOD/BG2EE skins would be nice to use.
    Have there been any reported major issues with LeUIT and an EET install? I rather like the UI lefreut created and I have used in my last two Vanilla Runs. I am just starting a EET game and wanted to add this Mod, anybody see reason for a conflict? With it being just a GUI I was thinking it might not create any issues. Thanks.
    @Bloodstone LeUI is compatible with EET. So it should work without any issues.
    Bloodstone
    Ok, so maybe it's just me being dumb on this one. I have extracted the Leui Zip File and Extracted it to my game folder (contains the chitin.key) and it doesn't give me a setup file to execute. It's in the folder that was created. I made sure I was extracting to the right place, I got this to work fine with my Vanilla Version of BG:EE, I'm trying to do this one for EET. Do I need to put it into the game folder for BGEE1 and SoD, or BGEE2? I'm confused why its saying the file isn't there, I extract it into the game folder and try to do it again and then it tells me I have to overwrite all of the 665 files, but it tells me it doesn't have any.........then again I'm just a dumb one so the answer is right in front of me.
    By default, the archive will extract itself in a subdirectory, you need to copy the file setup-LeUI.exe and the directory LeUI that are inside in the game directory (which contains the chtin.key file). For EET, the game directory is the BG2EE one.
    Bloodstone
  • John_DoeJohn_Doe Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2018
    I am having a small problem with EET in that there is no select campaign button and I cannot start a new game from BG1. I am not sure what is causing this as I seem to recall having the button in the past. Any thoughts?

Edit: I can change UI.menu line:

eetState = Infinity_GetINIValue('Program Options','EET Installation State')

to

eetState = 2

and can get the button, but I am unclear on what the underlying problem might be as this is on a new clean installation.

EDIT X2: I found the problem and am posting it below for others with the same issue.

In BALDUR.LUA file in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy

the following line needs to be present:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','EET Installation State','2')
    Post edited by John_Doe on
    John_Doe said:

EDIT X2: I found the problem and am posting it below for others with the same issue.

In BALDUR.LUA file in Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy

the following line needs to be present:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','EET Installation State','2')

setup-EET_end.exe should add this line. It's strange that you didn't have it.
  • HubalHubal Member Posts: 25
    @lefreut I have fucked up my UI using F11 button. How to reset it to default?
    @Hubal copy the UI.menu file from LeUI\copy into the override folder.
  • HubalHubal Member Posts: 25
    lefreut said:

@Hubal copy the UI.menu file from LeUI\copy into the override folder.

Thanks! Worked!
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 327
    Is it possible to drop this into override?
    Can this be dropped into override?
    @Allanon81 yes you can put all the files from the copy folder into the override folder if you don't want to use the weidu installation.
    It works a little but on the inventory screen (text), right hand main ui (bottom of the portraits) and mage and priest spellscreen it doesn't scale. I think you said it was intended for 1080p or higher? Mines 720. Oh well.