Skip to content

BGII:EE Android Tweaks

Comments

• JustThatGuy26JustThatGuy26 Member Posts: 9
    edited February 2018
    Also I have version 1.3 with all content purchased if that information is needed.
    Post edited by JustThatGuy26 on
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @JustThatGuy26, I shall try to put it up next time I am logged in. I haven't used (or installed) SCS previously so I hope it all goes well. I have read some discussions about the problems of installing it, but I am sure it was only related to the EE 2.x versions...

Gus
    edited February 2018
    Alright. I appreciate you trying. Thanks and keep up the good work. It will be cool if you are able to get it working correctly. I'm pumped for some epic mage fights and some new challenge to the game.
    @JustThatGuy26,

Not having installed SCS previously, I made some decisions that may not be wanted... I have included SETUP-STARTAGEMS.DEBUG so if there are some problems/unexpected behaviour, you could have a read and see if it is due to a SCS component.

I have included two files, 'JustThatGuy26 BG2EE TweaksOnly.zip' has only the requested Tweaks Anthology components; 'JustThatGuy26 BG2EE SCS.zip' includes Tweaks Anthology and SCS. I have also included the debug files to detail the installation.

To install, copy either modfile.zip to the '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files' folder (contains baldur.ini) and unpack keeping the folder structure. You will end up with lang.zip in the root and another folder called override with all its contents.
    Delete the modfile.zip that contained everything as if left in the folder, will confuse the game which will in turn crash.
    Test BG2EE start. If it starts OK, you are ready to play. If it crashes, there could be a prob with the mod.

To uninstall, delete lang.zip and the override folder.

Did a quick test on a Note4 and it appears to work (no crash) and when I say quick, I started the game, went through the startup flick and Imoen opened the cage... My PC (and she is a noteworthy Sorcerer having destroyed everything in her path previously) refused to come out of her cage, relocked the door and swallowed the key when she found out what was involved with SCS...

If any of this proves to be a problem or confusing, don't hesitate to pose a Q in the forum...

Enjoy and good luck!
    Gus
    Amazing work. Thank you.
    edited February 2018
    @Gusinda Hey man the mods have been amazing so far but I've run into a problem concerning Baal in the candle keep dream. I was just wondering if you or anyone else could get on my save and spawn and kill Baal inside the keep then give me my save back. Thanks in advance.
    edited February 2018
    He just won't follow me inside and since I don't have access to a PC I can't use the console to spawn Baal inside the keep. I've tried numerous reloads at earlier times. Even tried one before I left with bodhi. Also I'm using the tweaks and SCS mod file in that save.
    @JustThatGuy26, try this saved game. There were too many choices for you to make so you can have the battle with Bhaal. Load the game and walk towards Imoen. Have a chat, answer catchme, then run... arrgghhhhh!

Enjoy
    Gus
    @Gusinda Thanks again for the great work. My solo insane run was saved thanks to you.
  • DawgliciousDawglicious Member Posts: 221
    edited March 2018
    @Gusinda Would you have the time to set up the BG1 NPC project mod for the Android version of bgee? Or is that mod not possible currently on Android?
  • Gdcr7Gdcr7 Member Posts: 5
    Gusinda said:

Hi @rosetyler, and welcome to the forum. To answer the first part of your question, if you have a PC, you can use 'some' mods on the android EE games. You will be happy to know that the Tweaks mod can be used. Unfortunately for the second part, I haven't been able to get the console working for cheats directly on android, but again, if you access to a PC, you would be able to use EEKeeper to suit most of your 'needs'.

For installation of the tweaks module, because BG2EE on android is still at v1.3.x, the tweaks packs would still work, but you can also use the new 'Tweaks Anthology'. To clarify, I didn't install all of the tweaks, my main focus was PnP fixes, inventory management and ability to allow illegal charname classes. Actually, I just looked at the readme and found that I probably used about 3/4 of the pack...

To install the mods on android, it requires a little more setting up and access to a PC. There is a discussion in the forum that explains how to install mods onto an android device. Have read of that and if you still are having trouble, I could explain further, just ask... I have answered some questions in an earlier discussion about a similar request.

For EEKeeper, once you have your directory setup for modding, use this as you base to edit your BG2EE saved game.

If you don't have a PC or access to one, it becomes a little more difficult. You can let me know which parts of the Tweak pack you want installed, I can use my config here to setup the components and upload it...

Hope all goes well
    Gus

hey @Gusinda , sry to necro this thread and i have a question that a little bit out of topic.
    so basically i installed many mods on my android BG2:EE and all of them are working fine until i installed tweak anthology, the game crashed. i tried to find my mods that isn't compatible with tweaks anthology by uninstalling them one by one but it seems the only way to make my mod work is to uninstall tweak anthology or i have to uninstall all of my mods for tweak anthology to work. so tweak anthology is not compatible with any other mods? or did i forget something?
    Hi @Gdcr7. No probs, it's not really that necro...

I haven't used any mods that weren't compatible with Tweaks Anthology. How do you place the modfile onto your device. Do you have it all installed in one file and leave it packed as a Zip or do you unpack the files and leave only dialog.tlk in a zipped file? I was getting some crashes with one zip file, played around a bit and found that it only the dialog.tlk needs to be in the zip... I only pack them all in one to decrease (substantially) the time to copy the mods onto the device, and it make it more portable.

Another thought is that it could be an installation order problem. What other mods are you looking at? Uploading your WeiDU.log should be an easy way to say for order, mod names and versions?

Also, what version of BG2:EE, 1.3.x or the beta?

Gus
    edited April 2018
    Gusinda said:

Hi @Gdcr7. No probs, it's not really that necro...

I haven't used any mods that weren't compatible with Tweaks Anthology. How do you place the modfile onto your device. Do you have it all installed in one file and leave it packed as a Zip or do you unpack the files and leave only dialog.tlk in a zipped file? I was getting some crashes with one zip file, played around a bit and found that it only the dialog.tlk needs to be in the zip... I only pack them all in one to decrease (substantially) the time to copy the mods onto the device, and it make it more portable.

Another thought is that it could be an installation order problem. What other mods are you looking at? Uploading your WeiDU.log should be an easy way to say for order, mod names and versions?

Also, what version of BG2:EE, 1.3.x or the beta?

Gus

@Gusinda
    i place the Modfile onto my device as a zip file which has the override,lang,and script folder in it.
    i followed the installation order from a BG2:EE Compatible mod list thread, and im pretty sure i followed the order correctly even tho i messed up one of my mods ( i installed quest mod after npc mods), also i always installed tweaks last.
    i'm using 1.3.x version of BG2:EE, here is my weidu log.

please note that i had given up on the tweak anthology and installed atweaks instead, though i still hope to use tweak anthology.
    i have another problem though, it seems that imoen romance mod is crashing my game, when i rest the screen fades slowly so it seems like dream sequence is going to happen, but the dream stays black then force my out of the game.

edit : I tried to extract my zip file and the dream sequence doesn't crash now, but the dialogues of imoen is broken, all she says is " Invalid: 107388 " and some other numbers, this also happens to my revised bhaalpowers mod , when i hold my modded bhaalspawn abilities they doesn't have any description, instead they says : invalid : (insert 6 digit number here) .
    any ideas how to fix them?

Edit : well, it seems that the dialog.tlk file have to stay in the zip as you suggested, now my dream and dialog with imoen is working fine, i will try to use the tweak anthology one more time, but this time i will extract everything from the zip file except the dialog.tlk file. i hope this works :)

Well tweak anthology is working after i extracted everything from the zip file and only keep the dialog.tlk here!, thanks a lot @Gusinda , i love you
    i really curious about the mechanic about this thing, can you explain why the zip file makes the mod crash even tho some mod are perfectly fine with it? why extracting them from the zip fix the problem?
    Post edited by Gdcr7 on
    hey @Gusinda , it seems that i accidentaly deleted my own post, but now everything is working fine after i extracted the zip file and i only keep the dialog.tlk in the zip, thanks a lot, i love you lol.
    But now i'm really curious about the mechanic of this thing, why extracting the zip file fixes the crash problem, even tho some mods are perfectly fine inside the zip? can you explain this to me? thank you :)
    @Gdcr7, I didn't actually look to see what the problem was, only to get it working. Perhaps I should have have a look. The problem seemed to be only with BG2EE; BGEE and IWDEE worked fine with the single file. It also occurred with BGTweaks v16, so any of the new components of Tweaks Anthology could be discounted initially.

On initial fault finding, my thoughts were that it may have been the amount of files in the modfile itself as, on average, BG2EE had over 6000 files (with BGTweaks v16), BGEE had about 3500 and IWDEE had about 2500; and I didn't use that may mods on the Android platform (essentially only BGTweaks and Wandcase). I would be interested to hear how many files your WorkingModfile.zip contained as compared to your NotWorkingModfile.zip.

For all of the games though, I changed my procedure to only have the dialog.tlk in a zip file and the rest uncompressed. It took zero (well very little) effort, worked all the time, and was standardised.

This is a bit shorthand so if it doesn't make sense, let me know and I will longhand it...

Once the mods were installed, I copied override to a new folder, as well as lang/en_US/dialog.tlk (keeping the path of course). This was done because I didn't need any of the sound files in the lang folder.

Zipped (store only, no compression) lang folder to lang.zip, centralized it, then created a new zip (can be compressed) which included lang.zip and override. Copied the modfile.zip to the device into the Android/data/...GameEE.../files and unpacked the modfile.zip (which I then deleted after unpacking) into the folder leaving lang.zip in the root of Files and the complete uncompressed override folder hanging off it.

Hope that gives some insight. I think I will play further and see if there is a particular component to ...Tweaks... that is a problem.

Gus

edited April 2018
    Gusinda said:

@Gdcr7, I didn't actually look to see what the problem was, only to get it working. Perhaps I should have have a look. The problem seemed to be only with BG2EE; BGEE and IWDEE worked fine with the single file. It also occurred with BGTweaks v16, so any of the new components of Tweaks Anthology could be discounted initially.

On initial fault finding, my thoughts were that it may have been the amount of files in the modfile itself as, on average, BG2EE had over 6000 files (with BGTweaks v16), BGEE had about 3500 and IWDEE had about 2500; and I didn't use that may mods on the Android platform (essentially only BGTweaks and Wandcase). I would be interested to hear how many files your WorkingModfile.zip contained as compared to your NotWorkingModfile.zip.

For all of the games though, I changed my procedure to only have the dialog.tlk in a zip file and the rest uncompressed. It took zero (well very little) effort, worked all the time, and was standardised.

This is a bit shorthand so if it doesn't make sense, let me know and I will longhand it...

Once the mods were installed, I copied override to a new folder, as well as lang/en_US/dialog.tlk (keeping the path of course). This was done because I didn't need any of the sound files in the lang folder.

Zipped (store only, no compression) lang folder to lang.zip, centralized it, then created a new zip (can be compressed) which included lang.zip and override. Copied the modfile.zip to the device into the Android/data/...GameEE.../files and unpacked the modfile.zip (which I then deleted after unpacking) into the folder leaving lang.zip in the root of Files and the complete uncompressed override folder hanging off it.

Hope that gives some insight. I think I will play further and see if there is a particular component to ...Tweaks... that is a problem.

Gus

Ahh, i get it now, it seems the problem was the amount of files of my notworkingfile.zip has, my bg2ee mod that doesn't work has over 8k files inside the zip, meanwhile the working one only has 3k or so files.
    Thanks for your help, i think the safest way to ensure all mods working is to put override folder outside the zip and keep only the dialog.tlk inside the zip file. This not only fixes crashes on my notworkingfile.zip but also fixes a dream sequence mod crash on my old workingfile.zip
    @Gdcr7, agreed, BUT! Create the lang.zip (which contains the dialog.dlk), centralfix it, then create another zip to put the override folder and lang.zip into. Transfer then unpack on the device in the right location. Given that you have 8k of files, this will save a couple of hours (at least) transfering the files across to the device.

Gus
  • dreikamuidreikamui Member Posts: 17
    Holla Gus... I'm new here but I've been following your mods..but it seems I don't get the desired effect...I'm on android BG2:EE.. Pls i need a save file (mods are complicated) of a wild mage(who actually cast spells I've only been using qstaffs and daggers) and also I need the characters to have like twice their speed(monsters remain same), char stats all at 25. Unlimited bag. Max proficiency, Hla, unlimited spell casting, mage can use heavy armour, mage can cast spell while weapons are equipped, teleportation spell if possible, maps info...(all this mod should be at the dungeon or if impossible at the town...I don't wanna miss the story progression)..thanks in anticipation.
    G'Day @dreikamui, welcome to the forum. Thanks for thinking I actually create mods :smile:; there are much brighter people out there who that heavy lifting (although I am trying to learn). I have been just putting them together into a package for those who haven't the resource (a PC) to do it themselves. Need to confirm that you are using the 1.3.x as I don't have the beta at all. If you do have a PC, then we can work together it setting it up for installing mods/game editing... It is very easy in the end.

If you can go through and list the mods (and components) you would like to be in the modfile, we can use that as the basis. We can then create a starting game where the attributes etc can be modified. Things like Unlimited Bag, mage using armour (you will see the limitations in the readme) etc, come out of Tweaks Anthology, so if that is all you want, then you need only look at the one.

Not sure what you mean by this: Wild Mage (who actually cast spells I've only been using qstaffs and daggers). Is your Wild Mage not able to cast spells?

Things like higher speed, char stats 25, proficiencies, teleportation spell etc can be done in the saved game. Be aware that the HLA (less Use Any Item) don't show up until you reach the appropriate level.

If you haven't played much of the game before, then it is very likely you will get board quickly with this setup. If you have, then fill your boots!

Could you explain what you mean by this: Unlimited spell casting. Is this having more spells then you would normally get or something like a sorcerer with all (actually most) spells learnt? Haven't tried unlimited, but the counter will count down on use so you would still need to rest (comes with the story line as well as if you don't rest you miss the dream sequences).

Maps info...(all this mod should be at the dungeon or if impossible at the town...I don't wanna miss the story progression). Not sure what this is either. Is it a mod?

Gus
    edited April 2018
    I've gone through the anthology and I've picked what I wanted...let's forget about my initial wants save a few.
    Here goes:
    1. Improved Athkatlan city guards.
    2. Shapeshifter rebalancing.
    3. Adjust Cromwell's forging time.
    4. Change experience point cap( remove completely).
    5. Multi-class grandmaster.
    6. Add save penalties for spells cast by high level casters.
    7. Remove summoning cap.
    8. Remove summoning cap for celestials.
    9. Easy spell learning.
    10. Bottomless bags of holdings.
    11. Rest anywhere.
    I just wanna go through the story not the hard core gaming and fast..
    Also the need for :
    1. High speed characters (able to run away from battle faster than enemies).
    2. Max stats (don't want to waste time doing something twice..nobody survives being smashed in the head with a morningstar).
    3. Teleportation (moving across the map is a bore especially when I have to come back to the location again).

So once again, thanks in anticipation for the Mod. I can't wait to get my hands on this...
    edited April 2018
    I have a PC and I'm on BG2EE ver 1.3
    @dreikamui, no problems. I will get the modfile done today. If you create a saved game and upload (if you need a hand, let me know) it, the mods to the char stats can be done. I recommend that not all max stats are used as this will leave you in a levelling loop you wont be able to get out. Pick a couple of weapons and get max proficiencies in that, leaving something for levelling up points to go into.

In the meantime, have a look at this discussion which describes how to a setup for getting both EEKeeper (modifying saved games/character builds) and ability to add mods your android game on the PC. It is talking about BGEE but it works just as well for BG2EE (and IWDEE) with a couple of folder name changes. It also has a link to the main topic about adding mods to android games for a good background as to what/why is happening.

If you need to ask any Qs, please feel free.

Some comment about feeding and fishing... :)
    Gus
    Thanks for the feedback boss Gus... I really appreciate..I think I will stick to the mod and only char stats(no proficiency)...anticipating the mod..
    @dreikamui, attached is the modfile requested. I am guessing from your post that you have tried some other modfiles previously so you know how to install. If this isn't the case, then let me know (you can also find installation instructions in this discussion).

Just make sure you delete any of the previous mods (lang.zip and override folder) prior to installing this, and if it crashes on startup after installing the mod, make sure the .zip attached isn't left in the files folder.

If you want to create a new game, zip it up and upload it here, I can make the adjustments to the stats etc. I can also add a Bag of Holding to CHARNAME as a starting item (if you dislike inventory management as I do). Just let me know who and what stats etc. Using EEKeeper (or NearInfinty), the stats of out of party NPCs can also be adjusted, so if you have an idea of who your are partying with...

Gus
    Thanks for the file Gus..everything works perfectly..I've edited the char stats to 25 using hex editor..
    My problem now is that my inventory gets filled easily..any solution to that?? If what I need is a bag of holding, how do I get one?
    @dreikamui, not sure what device you have, but if it is Samsung, long press on the saved game from within My Files (or other File Manager), open the context menu (three dots going down) and select Zip. Upload the saved game and we can easily throw in a Bag of Holding. I am sure it would be something similar if not Samsung. You could also transfer your saved game to the PC, zip it up there and post.

The other way is to setup your PC for editing/modding and you would be able to use EEKeeper/NearInfinity to add your own.

If you had access to the console, you could also console it in, but console from Andoird is a bit iffy. I was lucky enough to have it working in my game (I also had an external BT keyboard) but many others couldn't.

Gus
    I threw in my whole save..bag of holding for my main char..then you said something about teleportation being done from the save file and also double speed and pls add max proficiency to the quarterstaff..
    I have access to 3rd party keyboard while gaming. Will "Debug Mode=1" work?? I have been doing this hopelessly for awhile now.
    The 3rd party app is hackers keyboard...if it really works please detail extensively how to...thanks.
    @dreikamui, I have added BoH, increased the speed and QStaff prof. Teleportation is an extra addin to the override, but if we get the keyboard going, you could just use CTRL-J.

Hackers Keyboard is the right app for this (I wasn't able to get it going without that).

The line to add to baldur.ini is:
    'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

If you are able to connect an external keyboard, then all the better.
    If you only have access to Hacker Keyboard, then you need to be able to get to the keyboard. I am guessing here that HK is now your default keyboard, if not, make it so Number 1... Open something that brings up the keyboard (edit a text file or something) and select the Keyboard setting (cog shape icon on the keyboard). In the settings table is a line which reads 'Use permanent notification'; place a tick in the checkbox. You can now access the keyboard by swipping down to your tray and selecting the HK notification.

With that entered, start the game and load a save. Swipe down and get the keyboard going (which should push the game up the screen and place the keyboard in the lower half).

Trying to remember the keys (been so long now that I have played on my device) but I think it was CTRL-ENTER (press CTRL then ENTER with the CTRL still selected). If that doesn't work, try CTRL-M. It isn't the console but it should bring up the dialogue box where the console should be... If it does, then we can see what happens next.

Hope it all goes well
    Gus