Skip to content

SoD:CEs are available

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
00zim00O_Bruce[Deleted User]CrevsDaak[Deleted User]lolien[Deleted User]

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    MathsorcererCrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    @typo_tilly Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    nothing for EU buyers?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @aarionn
    What do you mean? You can buy CEs from EU, or from other parts of the world. And the pre-orders should have reached all their customers now.

@aarionn
    What do you mean? You can buy CEs from EU, or from other parts of the world. And the pre-orders should have reached all their customers now.

Thx for info. When I tried to order it showed some error. Now I tried again and yes it is possible to order from EU. Damn shipping though... 50$
  • DarkSolDarkSol Member Posts: 11
    Your system is bugged. Shows two orders for me. One is completed the other is "processing" although i made only one order. When click on processing order it shows nothing.
    Also how long should i wait for some shipping notification or any notification? Week have passed and nothing so far.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @DarkSol Contact our support at support@beamdog.com, they will be able to help you.
    lolien
  • DarkSolDarkSol Member Posts: 11

@DarkSol Contact our support at support@beamdog.com, they will be able to help you.

Ok thank you. I've sent a message
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    One question about this: I haven't owned computer with an optical drive since my G5 tower gave up th ghost two years ago. Would purchasing this allow me to download the games as well? I know it has a Steam key, but ever since AT&T took over our broadband provider, staying connected to Steam is hardly a given.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    IIRC the SoD CE comes with a digital copy of SoD through Beamdog (which may be exchanged for a Steam key at the user's discretion.) At least that's how the pre-order deal was; I've got my CE shrink wrapped and my digital copy in the Beamdog client.
    tbone1
    tbone1 said:

One question about this: I haven't owned computer with an optical drive since my G5 tower gave up th ghost two years ago. Would purchasing this allow me to download the games as well? I know it has a Steam key, but ever since AT&T took over our broadband provider, staying connected to Steam is hardly a given.

Yes, purchasing the CE should add SoD to your Beamdog account.
    lolien
  • thar_thaazdhenthar_thaazdhen Member Posts: 16
    edited August 2017
    Hi. I bought my Siege of Dragonspear: Collector's Edition on the fourth of July 2017 and it runs without the internet (meaning no patches are downloaded during installation). The game shows version 2.3.67.3. This appears to be the latest patch because when I download the game via the Beamdog client, it is the same. Is it true that the pre-order version was also 2.3.67.3; or has Beamdog started shipping DVDs with latest patches as they were being released?

I'm little bummed out that I missed the Beamdog's copy of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition on DVD because I ordered one month too early :smile: . By the way, is Beamdog sending BGII:EE DVDs by Deep Silver or is it a new in-house product?

That being said, thank you Beamdog very much for making all this awesomeness happen :wink: . That cannot be stressed enough!
    [Deleted User]
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Hi. I bought my Siege of Dragonspear: Collector's Edition on the fourth of July 2017 and it runs without the internet (meaning no patches are downloaded during installation). The game shows version 2.3.67.3. This appears to be the latest patch because when I download the game via the Beamdog client, it is the same. Is it true that the pre-order version was also 2.3.67.3; or has Beamdog started shipping DVDs with latest patches as they were being released?

I'm little bummed out that I missed the Beamdog's copy of Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition on DVD because I ordered one month too early :smile: . By the way, is Beamdog sending BGII:EE DVDs by Deep Silver or is it a new in-house product?

That being said, thank you Beamdog very much for making all this awesomeness happen :wink: . That cannot be stressed enough!

My BGII:EE copy that came with my CE has a "Ravenscourt" logo so it is by Koch Media.
    thar_thaazdhen
    @thar_thaazdhen

BG2:EE DVDs - Yep, those are the ones from Deep Silver. We have a bunch on hand for promo purposes.

SoD version - Will have to look into that.
    thar_thaazdhen
  • thar_thaazdhenthar_thaazdhen Member Posts: 16
    Thank you, Julius. I already have the Deep Silver DVD at home so that means I didn't miss any collectable then :smiley:. Cheers.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    I still would like to own the CE - the price is a bit steep but would be willing to pay it. But the shipping cost is too much for me. 50$ just for shipping? And I know there will also be customs on top.

Does anyone knows a distributor/seller in Europe? I could not find one.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited October 2017
    Hi Ammar,

I don’t know whether it works differently for copies purchased now (perhaps @JuliusBorisov can confirm) but pre-ordered CEs that were shipped to Europe were handled by a UK distributor contracted by Beamdog, so no customs were charged upon delivery.
    [Deleted User]
    I've asked.

We have a small stock of SoD:CEs over in the UK that are distributed by the same company we used originally.
    [Deleted User]elminsterloliendeltago
    @JuliusBorisov thx for all info and help. I am looking forward to receive my copy of CE :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • stowvenstowven Member Posts: 1
    @JuliusBorisov hey there! Was considering to buy the CE for a long time since it is a bit pricey and the shipping price but finally made the big leap and bought it. Just wondering where I can see the shipping details and tracking since I cannot find it in the interface. Thanks and happy holidays.
    lolienJuliusBorisov
    edited December 2017
    @stowven Tnaks for making that purchase.

It looks like there's no public way for a user to see the shipping details and the tracking number just after making a purchase. If you need, send me a PM with your order details, and then I'll ask the appropriate department about details of your purchase.

Canada Post or our distributor in EU sends a message to the buyer when the package is shipped.
    lolien
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited December 2017
    Is SOD included on GOG connect for the current Winter Sale?
    EDIT: Wrong topic, sorry @JuliusBorisov
    Shhhh!

I heard there's a nice discount on the Collector's Edition of Siege of Dragonspear RIGHT NOW.
    lolien
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Purchased!
    JuliusBorisov
    When in doubt, look at what you can find inside the CE box:

• ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Are the T-Shirts included? If not, that video is kind of false advertisement.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Thels said:

Are the T-Shirts included? If not, that video is kind of false advertisement.

But the t-shirts are not inside the Collector's Edition box.
    Thels said:

Are the T-Shirts included?

Only if you're the voice of Glint Gardnersonson ;)