Skip to content

March 9 Livestream Recap

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Greetings!

Enjoy the recap of today's stream.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-9-livestream-recap.html
ThacoBellAedantaclaneTorgrimmerAtrophiederic

Comments

• TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    Now crunch time, need to get my mod, "Might and Magic 9: Day of the Destroyer", done. Very happy to see release at end of month, and love the new look.
    Atrophiederic[Deleted User]
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    Aedan said:

Many thanks for the recap, very appreciated.
    I have a question about this:

At this time we don’t plan to bring Siege of Dragonspear-related content to Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition. Back during development of this expansion we had plans of adding a new questline into BGII:EE continuing the story of the Soultaker Dagger.

Is it a final decision? It would be a pity :(

That has to be sorted. The devs just left that hanging. Doesn't have to be an epic questline, just something that brings it to a good ending.
    /J
    ThacoBellgugulug5000WarChiefZekeMiraStastny
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Well, now that we have @LavaDelVortel 's mod giving some closure on it I'm ok with the devs leaving this plot open.
    [Deleted User]
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    So this is the real end for the BG franchise.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    Thanks, @Raduziel - yes, I wrote a small quest with an optional return of Skie. Still a pity, as I would be happy to see NPCs like Glint or M'Khiin in BG2...
    RaduzielThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • MatthieuMatthieu Member Posts: 386
    Maybe even sell it a DLC, I'd be willing to pay a few for more content.
    StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]gugulug5000
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Matthieu said:

Maybe even sell it a DLC, I'd be willing to pay a few for more content.

I will second that.
    BD has proven their worth, and the EE games for iOS stands among the best buys of my life - enjoying everything about SoD for iOS at the moment. So BD feel free to create new stuff to fill some gaps in the saga.

The feature where you can buy extra content works really well, so this could be easily nr expanded. I would love to buy extra content (a couple of dungeon crawls, extra quests in new areas and a character editor is on the top of my list). So BD feel free to do something and take my money
    [Deleted User]gugulug5000
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    That's funny. I just got in touch with Beamdog through @JuliusBorisov to give a professional insight about DLCs.

Good to see that my analysis reflects the reality.
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    We just have to keep showing Trent that we're interested in DLC for Infinity Engine games and I'm sure we'll get some eventually. It doesn't have to be huge; a few new areas, some new quests, and the Dragonspear characters would be enough for me. As long as it's reasonably priced for its size, many of us would gladly pay for it.

I think Trent is still on the fence about it because they didn't give out their plans for how they would have finished the Soultaker quest. He could be holding onto the ideas because he's actually considering doing a DLC with it. My vote is that once the IE team is done with patches, they start on some small DLCs. I'd happily keep paying for more IE content.
    bleusteelMrSextonStummvonBordwehr
  • Lothar135Lothar135 Member Posts: 4
    Hi there. First of all, I really appreciate all the work the Beamdog is doing for us, fans of the great old RPGs! Love your work!

Now to the Livestream - you have shown really beautifully looking images of some interiers and of the Hero of Neverwinter. It is stunning, absolutely stunning. However, you have said it is the possibility. Does it mean this is not going to be in the game? Or do you plan to implement that top notch graphics into the NWN:EE?

Cheers,
    Lothar
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Lothar135

We’re still experimenting with new graphics. We gave a glimpse via a tech demo we showed during one of the livestreams. This will not be available at launch.

The Hall of Justice showing off new engine features tech demo, however, is already available to download via Steam Workshop.