Skip to content

Ending Phil in NWN!

Hi guys,

So Phil has been wanting a module where he gets killed in various ways for some time.

This got me thinking. How would you like to see Phil die in NWN?

Purely because of reasons... And maybe something coming in the future ;)

- Drake

Comments

• zunathzunath Member Posts: 92
    I'm thinking of sending him through several stages of hell starting with a pack of penguins.

He'll respawn and get teleported to the next segment where he'll get killed by equally ridiculous enemies.

The final stage will be Grand Overlord Trent who whacks him in the head with the weapon of the week.

End module.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    Death by dragon-sized cats, obviously!
  • tgxtgx Member Posts: 40
    What about if he's busy in his preaching mode (maybe on a soapbox in front of a crowd), and a dragon decides to come land on him? Would that require a lot of custom animation? Or some kind of slight-of-hand trickery? Might be a good death to see though. And of course, the dragon could then start in on the crowd, all of them blaming Phil for this calamity. Something like that?
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    Death by fireball farting cows.

I don’t know why...
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    You missed a really good opportunity here with the title of this thread. Surely, anyone who watches movies would have called it "Kill Phil: Chapter 1".

TR
  • TemplarDrakeTemplarDrake Member Posts: 44

You missed a really good opportunity here with the title of this thread. Surely, anyone who watches movies would have called it "Kill Phil: Chapter 1".

TR

Damnit Tarot! You totally gave away what I have actually named the module! :wink:
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    How about having commoners cast Hellball and Greater Ruin or other powerful spells? This way when he attacks them, like he always does, they will be able to fight back! Maybe they could also transform into prismatic dragons or something.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    Does the competition have a set deadline yet?
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    JFK said:

Hmmm. I'd have a long career, filled with Phil defeating increasingly terrible foes, gaining experience, gathering loot. Then, he slips on a banana peel climbing out of his sauna one morning, and bam.

-JFK

edit: The banana peel isn't climbing out, Phil is.

Damn, I was hoping for an Animate Fruit spell...
    edited March 2018
    If its vanilla EE then an exploding deer (simple script) should do it. If it uses cc make it an exploding rabbit. Oh, and I'm saving my best idea (once I've pulled a certain ancient module apart to get the scripts) for myself B)

TR

TR

Damnit Tarot! You totally gave away what I have actually named the module! :wink:
    He, he, he.

TR
    Anyone looking for inspiration or for "interesting" ways to terminate phil in game should take a look at this wikipedia list of unusual deaths. Follow that with this list of improbable deaths. And finally (pun intended) there are always the Darwin Awards. Always a good source of people either dying or sterilising themselves by acts of stupidity above and beyond what you'd normally believe.

TR
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Exploding chickens.
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    deltago said:

Exploding chickens.

Shhh, its supposed to be a surprise... (chick, chock, chick, chock...)

TR
    tbone1 said:
    Included in one of those lists already.

TR
    From a long time ago comes this clip of Phil's worst nightmare in action.

TR
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Ah. Okay, how about death by falling pig?
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    How about airline toilet dumping, which freezes on the way down and hits a guy in the head, killing him?
    Yeah, that would indeed be an Icy BM.

Sorry, sorry, sorry! Mea culpa!

-JFK
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited March 2018
    I have but one small contribution to this competition (which I already posted in the community thread). But I thought I would share here as well because I'm proud of my poorly shopped shooping skillz. ;)

• Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    If this game fixes the non-existent ability scores for undeads and constructs, even a measly shadow will do the trick.
  • MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    edited March 2018
    @PhillipDaigle

There you go. I didn’t spend a lot of time on it. Just sayin lol

Phills fill
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    @MrDamage
    Dood, this was pure awesomesauce! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • AtrophiedericAtrophiederic Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 147
    Hey, @JuliusBorisov, what are the chances that there can be a badge for Killing Phil?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
  • DerpCityDerpCity Member, Moderator Posts: 303
    @JuliusBorisov Sounds like I need to Kill Phil... And I think I have just the right idea.