Skip to content

NWN2's OC isn't as bad as everyone says it is, I think (Spoilers for part of NWN2).

191011121315»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    iKrivetko said:

You have very limited first hand experience then.

An entire playthrough where I was untouchable in melee. Seems to me its more like you need more practice with a parry build.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    You don't need parry to be untouchable in melee. Parry has very little to do with being untouchable, especially against groups of enemies.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    iKrivetko said:

You don't need parry to be untouchable in melee. Parry has very little to do with being untouchable, especially against groups of enemies.

Considering that I played unarmored, yes it was a major factor. Its hilarious that you are telling me something that I personally experienced can't have happened.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    GreenWarlockBelgarathMTHThacoBell
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Thanks for the post as I have enjoyed following your run. Act 1 does feel prolonged and drawn out. You will face different challenges in the next couple of acts, that might try your patience in different ways, but hopefully nothing should drag the same to the end now.

Still trying to give nothing else away though, as spoilers...
    ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    FardragonThacoBell
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    You can avoid fighting most of the kids through dialogue, but I found that final fight quite tough. The game is lacking in the undead-bashing cleric department.
    ThacoBell
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    That boss fight in the catacombs can be made much easier with two spells - Protection from Evil provides immunity to all the mind-affecting spells, because all the enemies there are of evil alignment. And Death Ward makes you immune to all the Harm and Cause Wounds spells. I'm usually playing a cleric or druid and also have Elanee, so I always have a lot of access to the key spells and can get the whole party covered, or at least most of it.

It's kind of like a lot of the fights in BG2 where if you don't have Chaotic Commands cast on the whole party, you're going to have a hard time.

As the game goes on, Death Ward is going to become more and more of a life-saver.
    ThacoBell
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTH
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited October 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHThacoBellFinneousPJGreenWarlock
    edited October 2017
    Grobnar is one of the strongest npcs available. There is also some content that requires his presence in the party.

And no, PnP crafting is different.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Fardragon said:

You can avoid fighting most of the kids through dialogue, but I found that final fight quite tough. The game is lacking in the undead-bashing cleric department.

You can actually build characters that are dedicated to fighting undead in NWN2. I did that more than once. Take a cleric (aasimar for the extra +2 Cha) and take the sun domain and additional turn undead feats. You can even take prestige class levels as Doomguide if you worship Kelemvor, for even more undead turning.
    Well yes, I would say that's a flaw -it kind of pushes CHARNAME into being a cleric - it makes the game significantly easier.
  • NotabarbiegirlNotabarbiegirl Member Posts: 141
    My Cleric / Ranger character is beneficial throughout the game . This time I made her a Wood Elf so Ranger is her favored class and she has no penalties for her cleric levels. Next time I want to try an arcane archer build, I have not attempted that one yet.
    Truly, you do not get a Cleric in the party for quite a while, so Depending on Elaine and then Casavir until then can be done, but is not easy.
    FinneousPJGreenWarlockThacoBell