Skip to content

How many IE games installation do you have?

lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
edited August 2019 in Off-Topic
  1. How many IE games installation do you have?33 votes
    1. 1-4: Vanilla BG1, BG2, IWD, PST (I'm old school)
        0.00%
    2. 1-5: BG1EE, SoD, BG2EE, IWDEE, PSTEE (I like shiny new stuff)
      30.30%
    3. 2-9: A mix of the above (at least one Vanilla and one EE) (I can't decide which one is better)
      21.21%
    4. 1-3: BG1EE v1.3, BG2EE v1.3, IWDEE v1.4 (I like the old UI)
        9.09%
    5. 1-3: BG1EE v2.5 beta, BG2EE v2.5 beta, IWDEE v2.5 beta (I like to live dangerously)
        3.03%
    6. 2-9: Current and beta of EEs (I'm a beta tester)
        9.09%
    7. 5+: Multiple version of the same game (I'm a modder)
        9.09%
    8. 10+: Help me
      18.18%
Post edited by lefreut on

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I've got EE's of BG1, Sod, BG2, and IWD, the betas of BG1 and IWD, and IWD2.
  • LudovikHLudovikH Member Posts: 46
    I have an EET install, so everything in one, and an IWDEE waiting to be integrated into the first. I don't play the IWD, just prepared for IWD-in-EET. So how would you count that?
    I also have an old BGT game on an external drive that I can't change anymore because I lost the original game discs meanwhile.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Not a modder but I have multiple installations of EEs over multiple systems
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
  • LudovikHLudovikH Member Posts: 46
    lefreut said:

ThacoBell said:

I've got EE's of BG1, Sod, BG2, and IWD, the betas of BG1 and IWD, and IWD2.

In that case, you should have picked option 6 no?
    LudovikH said:

I have an EET install, so everything in one, and an IWDEE waiting to be integrated into the first. I don't play the IWD, just prepared for IWD-in-EET. So how would you count that?
    I also have an old BGT game on an external drive that I can't change anymore because I lost the original game discs meanwhile.

You have vanilla and EE games so option 3 ;)
    But option 3 says I can't decide which one is better. I can - EET is far better than BGT, and that means something because I loved that game for years.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Old computer I have:

Can I cheat and add Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics from GoG

PST from GoG
    BG, BG2, IWD and IWD2 from CD install

BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE and IWD:EE from Beamdog (I have PST:EE but not installed on that machine)

So 12 in total.

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @lefreut No, because I have IWD2 as well. So its not just the EEs.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited August 2019
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    At most, I've had 7 active installations at the same time:

BG1:EE + SoD
    BG2:EE
    IWD:EE
    EET with everything installed
    EET with less stuff installed
    EET with very little installed
    IWD2
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,181
    lefreut said:

Pecca said:

And I thought that I have a lot with 13 :p
    I have a habit of keeping previous versions. It only takes around 100GB of my 1TB drive, so I'm fine so far. :)
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Lessee, BGEE 1.3 and BGIIEE 1.3 from the Mac App store; BGEE, BGIIEE, and SoD from the iTunes store for my iPad; IWDEE via Steam; PSTEE from Beamdog; vanilla BG and BGII on an old lampshade iMac OS9 and OS X 10.3.x respectively (in the attic, but still). So that’s 9. If I ever start modding, send help. And a spare exabyte hard drive.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    I like the EEs, no reason to deal with the hassle of getting those old games working on a modern system with a 4k monitor hooked up, plus they run on Linux without screwing with something like GemRB.

I paid for all the EEs, but I've never been able to get more than an hour into planescape before I lose interest. IWD, I've only gotten to about the halfway point before I'm like "Ya, I don't care what happens next" and stop playing. I guess PS:T's setting never grabbed me. To me, IWD was just like Durlag's Tower without end, just dungeon crawl after dungeon crawl without any story or motivation for doing anything. No matter if it's the original IWD, redone in NWN2, or the EE, IWD is just boring as all hell to me. There's just no story or interesting companion dialog, or anything to motivate me to keep going, just "Go do the thing because the game said so." The Baldur's gate games, I've played the hell out of, though. I even love Dragonspear. I feel like I should like PS:T, but every time I try to play it, I get an hour in and say to myself "None of this has been fun, why am I playing this?" Even with the EE fixing the craptastic right click, I still just can't get into PS:T.

I guess I technically have the GOG versions of all the games, too. I just never bother installing them with the EEs, anymore.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited April 2018
    All the EEs plus IWD2

I don't play any other videogames at all, so my entire collection is Infinity Engine games!

edit: lies! I have Temple of Elemental Evil installed but I haven't played it in years and years and years.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910
    I just have the EEs on Steam. Bugfixing, new characters, additional content and all that was cool. But the real awesomeness was being able to just start the games up in Steam and not having to swap CDs all the time.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Uh... pretty sure I have a copy of every game, EE and original. So that’s me, I guess?
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    bg1 ee bg2 ee, ps tee on steam and iwd ee on gog. i rather have the versions that are gonna get support and most modders focus on them these days anyways and they run so much better.
  • BelleSorciereBelleSorciere Member Posts: 2,108
    BG1 EE, BG: SOD, BG2 EE, IWD EE, PST EE installed. I own all the classic versions, though.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    On Windows (All GoG):
    BG1EE 1.3 Modded, BG1EE 2.3 Clean, BG1EE 2.3_NoSOD Modded, BG1EE 2.3 Modded, BG2EE 2.3 Clean, BG2EE 2.3 Modded, IWDEE Modded, IWD2 Clean, IWD2 Modded, PSTEE 3.1
    Setup for Modding Android: BG1EE 1.3, BG2EE 1.3, IWDEE 1.4.

On Android: BG1EE, BG2EE, had to take IWDEE off to fit PSTEE on. Don't really play on Android any more though; screen too small.

I only removed the originals last year. It was a hard decision as they have been on the various systems I have owned since I first got them (like losing an old friend)... but with the EEs, I just wasn't playing them anymore. Perhaps I will put BG on again in December for its 20th Anniversary!

Gus
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    EE of the BGs and ID. While I like Torment, I don't like it quite enough to get the EE.