Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition FAQ

1235»

Comments

• nivniv Member, Moderator, Developer Posts: 410
    Hello @VivienneL and everyone,

the camera issue will be fixed for 8165, which will ship before release. As a workaround, you can meanwhile skip using "Drive Mode" camera (it might need a module/save reload though).
    VivienneLJFKJuliusBorisovlolien
  • VivienneLVivienneL Member Posts: 52
    Yes thank you
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Now there's a smooth way for upgrading from NWN:EE to NWN:EE Digital Deluxe available.

A new upgrade code is now available on beamdog.com for Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition base game owners who want the Digital Deluxe package. Use coupon code NWNDDUPGRADE to get a $19.99 discount on your Digital Deluxe upgrade order.

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/03/march-16-livestream-recap.html
    JBDDlolien
  • SilySily Member Posts: 91
    I have a question, right here!
    I tend to travel to places where I don't get internet, and have used my laptop to often play BG:EE/IWD:EE (thanks for no DRM)

However, this steam workshop is quite tempting. Can I use Steam services and key at my home PC - while using beamdog client on my laptop without internet access? (Not at the same time, of course)
    Better format of above question: Does activating Steam key nullify Beamdog launcher key? :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    No, it doesn't. You can launch the game you installed from beamdog.com from the exe file directly (without internet access).
    Sily[Deleted User]lolien
  • Speedy_ZSpeedy_Z Member Posts: 4
    If I upgrade to EE, will I still be able to play on older PWs that did NOT upgrade?

If the answer is "no," can EE be installed separately, so I can run either one depending on the PW I want to play on? (I'm assuming that EE overwrites earlier versions of NWN or, at least, parts of them - I could be wrong).

Thanks!

P.S. Huge thank you to Beamdog for updating this amazing game!
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    No, you cannot play on old 1.69 servers with EE. Yes, EE is installed separately from the 1.69 version, there will be no conflicts. With a little bit of tweaking of the nwn.ini files (from either version) you can even share the hak files to save on space.
    JuliusBorisovSylvus_MoonbowJFKlolien
  • jtthjtth Member Posts: 171
    Is there a manual, a la BG/BGII:EE? (For, say, looking up spells and mechanics?)
  • SelpheaSelphea Member Posts: 23
    edited April 2018
    jtth said:

Is there a manual, a la BG/BGII:EE? (For, say, looking up spells and mechanics?)

The closest I think is nwn.wikia.com
    [Deleted User]
  • JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    C:\Users\YourName\Beamdog Library\InstallationFolder\lang\en\docs\legacy

change YourName to your User name. Change InstallationFolder to your install folder. All the old NWN manuals and expansion manuals are in there.

-JFK

• JFKJFK Member Posts: 214
    If it's okay, I'm posting these here:
    [Deleted User]
    I understand that I can start the game offline by running the .exe file in Beamdog Library/bin but how do I start the linux version from /bin in offline mode? (I'm travelling and do not always have internet.)
  • SherincallSherincall Member Posts: 387
    edited April 2018
    VivienneL said:

I understand that I can start the game offline by running the .exe file in Beamdog Library/bin but how do I start the linux version from /bin in offline mode? (I'm travelling and do not always have internet.)

Open terminal, type:
    cd ~/Beamdog\ Library/00829/bin/linux-x86 ./nwmain-linux
    You need to 'cd' into the directory as the game looks for data files relative to pwd.
    JuliusBorisovVivienneLlolien
    Thank you!!
    lolien
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 69
    Which rendering method does NWN EE use?

In Unity there is deferred and forward available.
    @danmon That question is better suited for a livestream.
  • TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    edited August 2018
    It is said that patience is a virtue. However it is now nearly two months since I brought up (in another thread) the fact that the FAQ is out of date in regards to how to launch the toolset. It still does not mention that you can now launch it directly from the BeamDog launcher instead detailing how to launch it from within the install folder. I think perhaps using a pointy stick to poke the person in charge of the FAQ has proved to be too genteel a method of getting it updated. Maybe unleashing the War-Kobolds on them is now in order @JuliusBorisov B) ?

TR
    JuliusBorisov
    Yeah, things are pretty busy right now.
    JFKlolien
  • Jaywal0573Jaywal0573 Member Posts: 1
    I kinda need help here and I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not but maybe someone can help me.. I'm currently playing NWN EE on my Wal-Mart bought galaxy J3 Luna Pro with a tiny screen so I went and bought a android tablet that I thought would run it and it says not compatible.. so I sent that one back.. and got a Galaxy tab A with the android 5.1 Lolipop OS... and it is also saying the game is not compatible.. my question is, do I need to update something or is there some specific tablet I need to buy to get this thing done? Please help the tiny screen is killing me
    The rule of thumb here is to check via the Google Play interface if your device can run the game or not. Most likely some systems requirements didn't match on that Galaxy tab A with what is required for NWN:EE.

During live streams, we mentioned that the game should run on a tablet released in the last 2-3 years.
  • XorinaXorina Member Posts: 138
    Is there a multiplayer FAQ, as am finding multiplayer much harder to access today than I did in 2002!
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    The FAQ link on the first page is giving me a 404 error.
    Thanks! The link is updated.
  • Djasko_AmsterdamDjasko_Amsterdam Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2020
    The rule of thumb here is to check via the Google Play interface if your device can run the game or not. Most likely some systems requirements didn't match on that Galaxy tab A with what is required for NWN:EE.

During live streams, we mentioned that the game should run on a tablet released in the last 2-3 years.

Ive had this text for both BG2 and IWD which I play without any issues and I assume its cause I have the galaxy a tab from 2019 which was still new at the time... so the incompatibility notice cant be due to my hardware being outdated, these games have been out for a while. Is the notice due to the games not yet having been designated within google play as compatible with my, and other peoples' new devices? I havent tried NWN tho. Anyway the compatibility notice itself mentions that it may not work.. but obviously it also may. I believe the text was This device may not be compatible with this version of the app.. or the other way around.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    Yes, this notice is a sort of legal waiver indemnifying Google when their network doesn't behave as expected. Usually only some (or none) functions are affected. I get this when downloading older games that might no longer run as well on new versions.