Skip to content

Bring back the purple helm!

Comments

• SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    speaking of helms, is nobody bothered that the crest color is forced to red in BG1EE? Makes everyone look the same... Normally the color is supposed to inherit the user's own, doesn't it?
    byrne20RodrianGrumMalicron
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @SirBatince I never actually noticed that
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited December 2015
    Pallies, all dyeing their armour. YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE HUMBLE
    Gallowglassbyrne20
    @SCARY_WIZARD maybe they are making a fashion statement?? :smile:
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    byrne20 said:

@SCARY_WIZARD maybe they are making a fashion statement?? :smile:

Then that would be the sin of pride, quite opposite to humility, as @SCARY_WIZARD has already noted.
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    I think I understand now where the phrase "holier than thou" originated :D
    Notabarbiegirlbyrne20DullSkullTheSecondMalicron
  • BorderBorder Member Posts: 32
    Voted yes. But I prefer the gold helm from Kagain.
    byrne20
    @Buttercheese 'your vote has a sense of evil about it' :wink:
    ButtercheeseNimranWarChiefZeke
    @Border maybe you can start your own poll to bring back the golden helm of Kagain??? he he :smile:
    Skarose
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    byrne20 said:

@Border maybe you can start your own poll to bring back the golden helm of Kagain??? he he :smile:

Time to brush the dust of old Paint and get backto work again then.
    RodrianSpjuv3rnbyrne20
    Come on guys and girls. We need more votes of 'YES' :smile:
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    I'd rather they bring back those Amnish soldier helms with the winged thingies. I used to trigger off the gravestone nasties in town with the intent of getting at least one Amnish soldier to die so I could loot his helm without a reputation loss... Cuz I'm good, so I would only let glowing walking bombs kill off the soldiers, not sully my own hands.
    elminsterGrumWise_GrimwaldMalicron
    @Bhryaen I think the vanilla Baldur's Gate helms and Armour looked better than the bg2 ones.
    Wise_GrimwaldCloutier
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    @byrne20 Yes, I seem to have failed to mention that I was talking about the Amnish soldiers in Nashkel- i.e., BG1. The same helm is on the hungry skeleton at Ulcaster, but it's more fun watching the Phoenix warriors clear the Nashkel road... and more lucrative. That helm is my favorite item in the game, but got uglified for BG2.
    byrne20Skarose
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    bengoshi said:

Imoen likes purple, btw.

Conspiracy! The Purple Color Conspiracy With BioWare, to be exact.

I thought that it was pink that Imoen liked. :D
    JuliusBorisovlolienMalicron
    @Wise_Grimwald No, that's just what they want you to think..... The purple colour conspiracy is going strong..
  • OlderThan13YearsOlderThan13Years Member Posts: 79
    byrne20 said:

This is just a poll I decided to make through boredom. I have always wondered why the devs did away with the awesome purple helm of Ajantis? I have decided to start a poll to hopefully bring back the purple helm :)

What, they removed the purple color of the helm? This game has nothing to do with the old baldurs gate anymore. :'(
    I feel that I need to push this subject again.... that purple helm needs to make its return.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    marcellus said:

What's the Purple Helm?

YOU MEAN THAT YOU DON'T KNOW? SHAME ON YOU!! :D
    byrne20
    Anyone that doesn't know of the purple helm does not know vanilla Baldur's Gate!! HAHA
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    byrne20 said:

Anyone that doesn't know of the purple helm does not know vanilla Baldur's Gate!! HAHA

Or they they just don't like Ajantis. Like me.
    Wise_Grimwald
    @ThacoBell Don’t like Ajantis??? Shameful lol
    ThacoBell
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    edited May 2018
    Wasn't there a red helm in the game somewhere too? It's been quite some time since I've played vanilla BG. Bring all of the special helms back I say! I thought Beamdog's goal was to not remove content that was already in the game. Someone make a ticket on Redmine.
    byrne20
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    The problem, I think, is that the original art assets for BG1 were lost.
    byrne20
    Yeah but surely they can change the colour of an item? I mean correct me if I’m wrong but they created plenty of their own original items. All this would involve is using a normal helmet and making it purple. Again I may be wrong but it seems like ‘a simple task’ as Charname would often say ;)
    gugulug5000Wise_GrimwaldMalicron
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I'd love to see it back, it was one of the things that made Ajantis special. But yes, seems like it disappeared because the icons changed (probably by necessity) on the movement to EE, and the developers probably had other priorities ;) .
    Wise_Grimwald
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Really. You just want to call Ajantis the Purple Helmeted Soldier, don’t you?
    byrne20
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Wasn't there a red helm in the game somewhere too? It's been quite some time since I've played vanilla BG. Bring all of the special helms back I say! I thought Beamdog's goal was to not remove content that was already in the game. Someone make a ticket on Redmine.

I'm pretty sure Kagain starts with a reddish colored bat-wing style helm.
    AerakarWise_Grimwald
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited May 2018
    Why does my mind wander to strange places when I check out this thread?

Skatan