Skip to content

Bring back the purple helm!

byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
This is just a poll I decided to make through boredom. I have always wondered why the devs did away with the awesome purple helm of Ajantis? I have decided to start a poll to hopefully bring back the purple helm :)
  1. Bring back the purple helm!79 votes
    1. Yes!! Bring back the purple helm. For the glory of helm!!!
      72.15%
    2. No! Leave it as it is....
        3.80%
    3. Dont really care!
      24.05%

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I don't even remember any "purple helm". I guess you're talking about something in original BG1 which was purely decorative ... I'm sure Ajantis never had a helm which actually did anything special, else I'd surely remember it. So no, I don't really care.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    @bengoshi ha ha thats brilliant :smile:
    @Gallowglass Yes it was indeed purely decorative... but damn it was cool :wink: and unique.
    @Hudzy Back in the day i didn't really ever use any of the evil party members so i'm not 100% sure but i think you are right. I think it was Kagain that had the golden helm.
    Helm... give me strength!!!
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    byrne20 said:

Helm... give me strength!!!

Now that'd be a seriously useful helm ... but no, the one in question is merely decorative. :smiley:
    @Gallowglass indeed it is decorative. But that purple helm is a part of he's mojo!!! Without it he seems a tad unhappy. That is why i am fighting this cause!!
    edited November 2015
    This is an original piece of Baldur's Gate history. I urge everybody to vote to bring back the purple helm!!!
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Tempus give us purpley
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited November 2015
    I don't know, guys, Ajantis walking around with a purple head always seemed kind of dickish to me.
    edited November 2015
    @Kilivitz Come on vote yes :smiley: The purple helm just adds to he's swagger.
    Post edited by byrne20 on
  • marcellusmarcellus Member Posts: 22
    What's the Purple Helm?
    @ Marcellus The purple helm is exactly that. It has no special powers. It is however a unique colored item and was specific to Ajantis back in the vanilla days. :smile: When the EE versions came out the purple helm was no more :neutral: I know its silly but that purple helm was a part of my childhood. I want it back (Dramatic i know) :wink:
  • doggydoggy Member Posts: 313
    Helm yeah! We need that back. We all know how both pallies and psycho mages can and should wear flamboyant colors.

There should also be left a purple helm at the scene of the crime in BG2 EE.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I agree. Ajantis needs to look FABULOUS again!

Also, I'm pretty certain that he worshiped it, and not the god with the same name, so yeah.
    @Nimran That Helm gives him strength :smiley:
  • recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    Yikes. I didn't expect to be the only one! Nah, I don't really know what the purple helm was about - it was a bit gimmicky and didn't do anything for me. Is it even noticeable outside of the inventory screen paper doll? I don't recall using Ajantis much, but I imagine I probably just swapped him out for a helmet that didn't look jarring with the colours of the armours you find.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520

Yikes. I didn't expect to be the only one!

Shun the non-believer! Burn the heretic! Shun! SHUN!!
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    I DEMAND A PURPLE-HELM-PORTRAIT TOO!

• recklessheartrecklessheart Member Posts: 692
    haha, @Nonnahswriter I usually win at polls - or at least come a close second. 'Cept the ones that give a pro-Nalia option. Curses. xD
  • RodrianRodrian Member Posts: 426
    That is exactly what I was expecting to get! I can't wait to see more stuff from you @Skatan..
    Bright future! I can tell! :star:
    @Skatan haha brilliant