Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition 2.5 patch

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
Ho there, adventurers from the north! The 2.5 patch for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has just gone live, and it’s huuuge!

The update will be available in the Beamdog Client, Steam, GOG, Google Play, App Store, and Mac App Store! If you don’t see the update soon, please be patient as it takes time to populate through the various stores. :)

Play as a Shaman, try exciting new game features such as a "Take All" button on containers and an Auto-Save after character creation at the start of the game!

Check out the full patch notes here: http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/05/icewind-dale-enhanced-edition-25-patch.html
Doubledimaslefreutbob_vengThacoBellContemplative_Hamsterhook71MiraStastnyStummvonBordwehrOrlonKronsteenBubbSilverstarbleusteelFlashburnjoluvMERLANCEronaldokanisathaHaHaCharadegugulug5000AerakarNonnahswriterdockaboomskiRik_Kirtaniyamashedtaters_Luke_lolienMortiannaTorgrimmerMirandelStarflower2525[Deleted User]

Comments

• byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Awesome news. Any news on when the 2.5 update for baldurs gate 1&2 will be finished?
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrmashedtaters
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Ok thanks for the info. The beta's are pretty easy to access on steam aren't they?
    JuliusBorisovmashedtaters
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 35
    when IWDEE will be available precisely on GOG ?
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2018
    is there no 1.4 branch on steam, much like bgees still have the 1.3 branches?
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Hooray! :D
    JuliusBorisovmashedtaters
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

when IWDEE will be available precisely on GOG ?

Soon. The update will be available in the Beamdog Client, Steam, GOG, Google Play, App Store, and Mac App Store! If you don’t see the update soon, please be patient as it takes time to populate through the various stores.

is there no 1.4 branch on steam, much like bgees still have the 1.3 branches?

Thanks for the question, passed to the team.
    mashedtaterslolien
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Wow, the new version does not get along with my Mac's trackpad at all. Taps don't consistently register. I just gave up partway through rolling a new character. I guess I should have participated in beta testing.
    JuliusBorisovAstroBryGuymashedtaterslolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @joluv That sounds not alright. Please, report on support.baldursgate.com
    mashedtaterslolien
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited May 2018
    Hmm well that must be quite the change for people used to V1.3.

I don't play it IWDEE, but enjoy it people!
    OrlonKronsteenJuliusBorisovlolien
  • logojin7logojin7 Member Posts: 17
    hello

I received it without participating in the beta version of Google Play.
    Be the same as before The version is 2.5 13.2, which is the same as the beta version.
    This time, the patch is 2.5. 13.2.? It is difficult to distinguish between beta versions
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437

@joluv That sounds not alright. Please, report on support.baldursgate.com

This is the same issue I had with the v2.5.10 betas for BGEE and IWDEE. I reported it on redmine (https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/34153 - internal report #34256). Unfortunately, it still appears to be affecting the release version of IWDEE v.2.5.16.3.

Reported: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36932

It is also affecting the v2.5.15.1 beta for BGEE.
    joluvJuliusBorisovlolien
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    Hmmm, does one need to download the retail version this time to have the latest version or does downloading/updating the beta works too?
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Mothor said:

Hmmm, does one need to download the retail version this time to have the latest version or does downloading/updating the beta works too?

The retail version gets this upgrade.
    SilverstarJuliusBorisovAedan
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    Yaaaaaay!
    I’m going to download and play that shiznit tomorrow!
    StummvonBordwehrSilverstarJuliusBorisov
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I suppose it's not terribly high priority, but the ID:EE patcher still has the 1.4 "news" on it. The patch itself was immediately available though.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited May 2018
    Good job! Though, I've noticed a bug or two with the new patch that wasn't in the old version. Hoping you guys aren't unintentionally creating more work for yourselves.

Example: https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/36930
    JuliusBorisovlolienAedan

I suppose it's not terribly high priority, but the ID:EE patcher still has the 1.4 "news" on it. The patch itself was immediately available though.

If you mean the legacy launcher, then it's not supported. https://www.beamdog.com/about/client
    logojin7 said:

hello

I received it without participating in the beta version of Google Play.
    Be the same as before The version is 2.5 13.2, which is the same as the beta version.
    This time, the patch is 2.5. 13.2.? It is difficult to distinguish between beta versions

@logojin7 Yes, this is a full update, not a beta update.
  • jwwjww Member Posts: 34
    Is this supposed to be available on the Beamdog client now? I'm still getting 1.4.0 on the Retail branch and 2.5.13.1 on the Beta branch. It's not listing any updates available on either branch.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    jww said:

Is this supposed to be available on the Beamdog client now? I'm still getting 1.4.0 on the Retail branch and 2.5.13.1 on the Beta branch. It's not listing any updates available on either branch.

It should be. I already updated retail to 2.5.16.3 on the Beamdog Client yesterday evening.
    JuliusBorisov
    jww said:

Can you please provide screenshots of what you see? What @Doubledimas says is true - the retail version in the dropdown should show an active update button.
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Great! I can finally do again a solo Heart of Fury run with an FMC starting from level 1, with achievements this time!
    JuliusBorisov
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    The full list of patch notes lists a lot of fixes that were never a problem during the previous patches. For example, there are various bugfixes listed involving the Shaman Class and the Achievements. Since the previous version did not involve any Shamans or Achievements, it doesn't make much sense in listing them?
    Klinge
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Thels Its probably nice for the people who participated in the beta, and found these bugs in the first place. The patch notes let them know that the roblems were fixed that they experienced before.
    JuliusBorisovStummvonBordwehrMiraStastny
    Yes, especially since the beta had been happening for quite awhile.
  • PietroskijPietroskij Member Posts: 4
    Super, I'm really happy!!!
    1.4 saves are compatible or I must start a new game?
    JuliusBorisov
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Is this supposed to be updated on iOS as well? It’s still at version 2.4.
  • jwwjww Member Posts: 34

jww said:

Can you please provide screenshots of what you see? What @Doubledimas says is true - the retail version in the dropdown should show an active update button.

I uninstalled and then reinstalled it, and that seems to have done the trick.
    JuliusBorisov
    @Pietroskij It should be fine. If anything is wrong in one of the quests, report back.

@procco It's still being populated.
    proccoPietroskij