Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    @Grond0
    I'm not sure what could be causing that, but I know that under the Effects tab on EEKeeper, the effect responsible for setting melee attacks to 1/round should look like this and should be at the top (if not the very first effect):
    "Item: Set Melee Effects [248]"
    Target = Self
    Instant, Permanent
    Cannot Dispel/Can Bypass Resistance
    Probability 100% (right-most prob. field)
    Resource 0 = (WH)001
    Resource 3 = (WH)003
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    Thanks @Flashburn. I did do a comparison with another character and saw that effect was missing (as well as one of the cast spell on condition effects that presumably govern how berserk rage triggers).

I realize I could make further adjustments to sort out the character, but given I've already done an appreciable amount in BG2 with a character I'm not happy with I'm just going to retire him at this point.
    lolien
    That's a shame. I wanted to see if you could get revenge for Krieg and lick Melissan's spine clean. RIP Burl.
    Wise_Grimwaldlolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    Best of luck @Enuhal - you'll probably need it with a group of randoms, though if anyone is a veteran of making progress of randomly generated parties it's you. I've only done it about a dozen times or so I think.
    EnuhalWise_GrimwaldOrlonKronsteen
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    After reviewing some screenshots, I've confirmed that semiOverhaul's changes to IWD2 don't change enemy saving throws; they only change enemy attack bonuses. So enemy fighters do have much stronger attacks in semiOverhaul, but they don't have buffed Reflex saves.
    Grond0Wise_Grimwald
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848

We also hadn't picked up the ring of fire resistance yet. So we killed two birds with one stone. We traveled to the area east of the Nashkel mines and picked up the ring.

There's a ring of fire resistance east of the Nashkel mines???? Damn!

In my defense, while BG has been out for 20 years, I haven't played the entire time. I mean, there was Civilization and Resident Evil, too.

There are some useful gems along with it too.

OrlonKronsteenStummvonBordwehr
    @Flashburn: Where did you even get that golem? I never found the materials (what are the materials, anyway?) in my Archer/Mage run.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    @semiticgod in vanilla, you can get the flesh golem book from level 1 of Watcher's Keep. You can then upgrade it to Juggernaut, I believe near the end part of Yaga's Temple on the wall, there's a page to upgrade it to juggernaut golem. Can't get lightning in vanilla, so must be some mod that lets @Flashburn do that.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited May 2018
    I expect that he has installed this mod: Golem Construction for Spellcasters
    (Found through the wonders of Firefox)
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/58696-mod-golem-construction-for-spellcasters/
    FlashburnOrlonKronsteen
    It's definitely the golem construction mod (which also shows up on this forum). I was referring to the components. I think I only found a single chunk of adamantite, so finding the materials for a Perfect Adamantite Golem was beyond my means.
    @Flashburn: How do you get into that maze below Nyalee's temple, anyway?

@Flashburn: How do you get into that maze below Nyalee's temple, anyway?

Nyalee drops a lock of hair when she dies. Approaching the altar where the yellow skeleton priest was stuck causes the dialogue to trigger when you have it. It's new as of v5.
    lolienStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald
    @Flashburn: Last I tried it, a dialogue said that I lost consciousness and that only a character that was immune to poison could proceed. Yet none of my party members could enter, even those that had 100% resistance to poison.
    Wise_Grimwald
    Wait, the current thread title--"Drasus and the Three Webs"--is that a reference to Kubo and the Two Strings? I loved that movie!