Skip to content

Viconia and Keldorn... How likly are they going to kill each other?

Ok, so, I know that there will be, conflicts, if Viconia and Keldorn stay in the same party permanently, but how severe will the conflicts be? I know that some party members will just flat out murder each other at some point, and others will do the 'Either he goes or I go." But... how bad do these two mix?

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Keldorn will probably end up killing Viconia.
    mashedtaters
  • MalicronMalicron Member Posts: 629
    You're putting a Paladin of Torm together with a Priestess of Shar. It's a minor miracle they don't kill each other on sight.
    ThacoBelltbone1mashedtatersRaduziel
  • deathgeonousdeathgeonous Member Posts: 64
    Yeah, I thought that that would end badly. Seems I was right. Le'sigh.
    mashedtatersDharius
  • MERLANCEMERLANCE Member Posts: 421
    Could always get a mod. Stops valygar and viconia, edwin and minsc, aerie and korgan, etc.
    SmilingSwordmashedtaters
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Don't worry - they won't be killing each other. Keldorn will make short work of Viconia. :p
    ThacoBellmashedtaters
  • WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    It's hard, but not impossible, to keep them in the same party.
    mashedtaters
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @WarChiefZeke: Legitimately, and without mods, I believe it is impossible.
    ThacoBellmashedtaters
  • hellwalker31hellwalker31 Member Posts: 16
    in tob, conflicts are not problem since everyone is there for only MC but in soa, viconia is gonna be a dead meat
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    I've heard that it's an issue of physical proximity.

If you let them get too close to eachother, they'll fight, but if you keep them far apart then they're cool.

Sounds like a real hassle though. I've never tried it.
    mashedtaters
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    banters won't initiate if they're far apart; it's how banters generally work. it's not meant to simulate them tolerating each other under those circumstances.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I've taken Minsc/Edwin through in a party and I suppose it works the same way?

Never let them near each other. Yes it's a pain, but it's doable.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I've taken Minsc/Edwin through in a party and I suppose it works the same way?

Never let them near each other. Yes it's a pain, but it's doable.
    tbone1
  • SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859

@WarChiefZeke: Legitimately, and without mods, I believe it is impossible.

It's not impossible, it's just difficult. As has been mentioned, physical distance can delay or even prevent banters. Also, the Keldorn/Viconia murderspree is the third banter between them, which means if you rush through SoA quickly enough they might not even have time to get that far in their feud.

But if someone's interested in the pairing, then yeah, mods are likely the best and easiest recourse.
    mashedtaters
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I like seeing the real risk of them killing each other. It makes the game feel alive.
    Raduziel
  • Google_CalasadeGoogle_Calasade Member Posts: 80
    edited May 2018
    Not a question of if, just a question of when. Unless you mod it of course.
    ThacoBell
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Can you use some bug to break the banter sequence? Maze/Imprisonment or the vampire lover quest or something?
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    I've had them in my current party since before going to Spellhold; I did most of the Chapter 2 quests with four party members, and picked up Keldorn when doing the Cult of the Eyeless quest. I'm about to finish ToB, and I've only recently had Keldorn threaten Viconia. Before then, they had two interactions, and they were admittedly tetchy but nothing major.

The most I've heard out of either of them, other than when the Viconia romance moves forward, is their commenting on my party's reputation.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I have an idea that the charisma of your party leader affects whether characters argue and if you have someone with high CHA in your leader slot then peace and harmony will prevail. Or was that just in BG1?
    @ANOF How close are they to each other in the party? Some banters have a proximity to them. For example, I've been able to take Korgan and Aerie together with the breaking banter by keep them in opposite ends of the party. A @Permidion_Stark says, charisma also plays a role. The higher your charisma, the longer the delay on negative banters. So going through the game quickly enough will also see you through. It helps that breaking banters are semi random.
  • ANOFANOF Member Posts: 70
    edited August 2018
    ThacoBell said:

@ANOF How close are they to each other in the party? Some banters have a proximity to them. For example, I've been able to take Korgan and Aerie together with the breaking banter by keep them in opposite ends of the party. A @Permidion_Stark says, charisma also plays a role. The higher your charisma, the longer the delay on negative banters. So going through the game quickly enough will also see you through. It helps that breaking banters are semi random.

Sir Anomen is between them. And I have to correct myself, as I now remember that it was, in fact, Anomen who threatened Viconia, and has been expressing discontent at her being in the party. Keldorn, now that I think about it, hasn't said much if anything about Viconia. The only problem I have between them is that when Viconia uses her Turn Undead power, it sends Keldorn into a panic. I was not expecting that, but then again, I've rarely used clerics, and I don't think I've ever had Viconia and Keldorn in the same party before.
    ThacoBell
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    ANOF said:

The only problem I have between them is that when Viconia uses her Turn Undead power, it sends Keldorn into a panic.

I didn't realise that happened. It's a shame that if they do end up fighting each other Viconia isn't able to use that tactic. It would make the fight a lot more interesting and might even give Viconia a chance.
  • FylFyl Member Posts: 62
    Evil Turn Undead instead turns Paladins??
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    Well, it turns undead too, but it also turns paladins.

I forget if the good Turn Undead turns blackguards or not.
    Durmir46
    ANOF said:

ThacoBell said:

Sir Anomen is between them. And I have to correct myself, as I now remember that it was, in fact, Anomen who threatened Viconia, and has been expressing discontent at her being in the party. Keldorn, now that I think about it, hasn't said much if anything about Viconia. The only problem I have between them is that when Viconia uses her Turn Undead power, it sends Keldorn into a panic. I was not expecting that, but then again, I've rarely used clerics, and I don't think I've ever had Viconia and Keldorn in the same party before.
    That might be it. They could be too far apart to banter with each other.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Fyl said:

Evil Turn Undead instead turns Paladins??

Turn Undead from Evil priests controls undead and frightens paladins.

Didn't know BG(2)EE got this mechanic implemented. Good to know.
    Durmir46
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    more importantly @deathgeonous you said "Le'sigh". That is Le cool :)