Skip to content

Faiths and Powers: Gods of the Realms (Kitpack and divine caster/spell tweaks)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    edited May 2018
    subtledoctor said: Wise_Grimwald said:I presume that this will also affect the Sirene Mod. There are options that give the chance for her to have any of the original paladin kits: Cavalier, Inquisitor etc.

Well, I'm pretty sure those kits work fine. But ideally, the player simply won't use one of those options.
    - install Sirene as a trueclass paladin
    - use the 'choose a deity' ability
    - make Sirene a paladin of Ilmater
    - Bob's your uncle. Now her kit reflects her character perfectly.

This is what I tried to do, but when I try to select the deity, nothing happens. The options don't come up. :(

As a short term fix, would using EE Keeper to choose a kit fix it?
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    edited May 2018
    @subtledoctor & @Grammarsalad , I am trying to re-install FnP sphere system on BG2EE and I keep getting an error. I have attached the debug. I have uninstalled all mods and reinstalled BG2EE, but I keep getting the error and cannot use FnP at all now.

v2.3.67.3

The RE_SETUP-FAITHS_AND_POWERS.TXT is the debug after the BG2EE complete reinstall.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    YES! The update works and I can install sphere system now (been watching and grabbed before announcement).
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Updated the original post, which now points the user to subtled's fork until further notice.
  • inethineth Member Posts: 707
    edited May 2018
    @subtledoctor

So this may not be something you approve of :tongue:, but how hard would it be to build a Fighter/Druid/Mage solo character for IWD:EE v2.5, based on the F/C/M triple-class and the Druid kit from this mod?

Is it something I could achieve by changing a few lines in the TP2, or simply applying the kit with EE Keeper, or would it be more involved than that?
    edited June 2018
    @subtledoctor and @Grammarsalad, I am using FnP v0.74.33 in BG2EE. I am doing the Animal Trouble in Trademeet quest and I am at the grove to fight Faldorn. I am having an issue where Cernd and Jaheria don't seem to count as Druids so they can't get the dialog to challenge Faldorn.

I only installed the sphere system, but Druid is labeled as Mystic and all the divine spell users are getting the select deity ability which did not happen in the prior version.

I have attached my WeiDO and save game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited June 2018
    I installed the Pai'Nai mod to get a druid (last mod in my installs). I went to the grove and she was able to challenge Faldorn.

Something has broken Cernd as he used to work. Sadly I installed updated versions of several mods when I did a clean install this week so I don't know if another mod is the cause.
    I do see FnP adding the select deity ability to all divine users and naming Druids as Mystics even though I only installed the sphere system. It did not do this before the latest update.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @subtledoctor @Grammarsalad I'm having the same issue that Necromanx2 reported. Installed FnP sphere system only and the Druid is now labeled as Mystic.

Version 0.74.33 of FnP over a BG2EE install (2.5.16.4 - Steam/Windows 10) with DoF (1.7.8 - installed previously) and Dual-Into-Kits (installed after).

PS: Since my first time installing FnP the install returns as "Installed with warnings", but apparently nothing is broken in the game - I receive the spells as expected and can use them normally.

Thanks.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    This may or may not be FnP related but the General AI component of SCS seems to stall for me at Blane.Cre, the priest of Lathander. Anyone had a similar problem?
    It seems to just stop there... no crash, just hanging forever at patching Blane.cre. I'll experiment a little!
    @subtledoctor, I am only installing the sphere system, yet I receive the Select Deity ability on divine spell casters (including my PC if he is a divine class) in both BGEE and BG2EE. This was not happening in the older version.
    SCS installed without problems in the absence of this, or any other Priest kit mods. Fairly quickly actually :).
    edited June 2018
    @Grammarsalad & @subtledoctor, spike growth has changed with the latest release. It now looks like a line storm. Below is a screenshot from BG2EE. I also started a new game and Jaheria has the same effect.

@Grammarsalad & @subtledoctor, spike growth has changed with the latest release. It now looks like a line storm. Below is a screenshot from BG2EE. I also started a new game and Jaheria has the same effect.

Weird. That looks like the (revised) animation for storm wall
    edited June 2018
    Yes.

EDIT: By the way, that is a cool looking storm wall!

EDIT 2: To be clear it is acting like a storm wall. Any who walk into it get hit, but not others around it.
    Post edited by Necromanx2 on
    @subtledoctor @Grammarsalad can you guys PM the details on how to make wall-ish spells? I want to recreate Wall of Fire, but I'm struggling.

Thanks!
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Raduziel said:

@subtledoctor @Grammarsalad can you guys PM the details on how to make wall-ish spells? I want to recreate Wall of Fire, but I'm struggling.

Thanks!

You can also look at the Wall of Moonlight spell in IWDEE. (WOMOON.PRO,WOMOONX.VVC,WOMOONX.BAM)
    For the actual spell, the only difference between a wall spell and a cloud spell is that a wall needs to grant immunity to itself for 6 seconds(1 round) as it's last effect, or however often you want them to affect a creature.
    The rest of it is stored in the projectile and VVC file.
    Extended Flags:
    - Draw Center VVC once(BIT2)
    - Face Target(BIT4)
    - Rectagular AoE(BIT15)
    Trap Size = Depth (distance parallel with casting direction)
    Explosion Size = Length (distance perpendicular to casting direction)
    The PRO will orient the actual AoE and define its duration and size.
    The VVC will orient the animation and define its duration.

The animation (BAM) needs to be drawn to match the area you want it to effect, with 1, 5, 9, or 16 orientations, as the game does not resize or use multiple instances of the image to fill the area.

FYI, IWD2 has a Wall of Fire animation(WOFIREX.BAM), you would just need to make the VVC and PRO files.

Yes.

EDIT 2: To be clear it is acting like a storm wall. Any who walk into it get hit, but not others around it.

Lol, thanks! I'm especially proud of that spell (though, as @kjeron says, I basically copied wall of moonlight)
    Raduziel said:

Thanks!

Ohh, that is an excellent idea!

@Raduziel

As Kjeron says, start with wall of moonlight. Do it step by step. I would actually extract WOFIREX.BAM from IWD2 and replace WOMOONX.BAM and see how wall of moonlight looks. It looks like IWD2 uses a different BAM file format from the EEs, so there may be a problem. TBH, I don't know enough about it to know if this is going to be a problem, but please report back here and I'm happy to help you trouble shoot (where other people can also benefit from the process!--don't get me wrong, I'm happy to PM, but it might be better to explore the process publicly so others can learn, and we might get advice that could help us all. Crowd sourcing!

Yes.

Okay, so I'm not sure what the issue is, but I can compile a mini mod with the correct spell that could be installed over FnP for the time being if that would be helpful.

I'm (slowly) working on a total revision of new and IWDEE spells--this is why we are currently using Subtledoctor's fork--and an update is somewhat far away, but I could give you this at least to solve the problem you are having now.
    edited June 2018
    Attached please find the replacement for spike growth. This should fix the issue but let me know if it doesn't.

Edit: zip didn't upload. Trying again
    @Grammarsalad It will take a while, but I'll give some feedback about the results. Thanks!
    @Grammarsalad, the patch worked and spike growth is back to normal. Thanks!!