Skip to content

A guide to new magic items in BG2EE *SPOILERS*

14567810»

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It's quite telling that even now, in July 2014, I still avoid this thread (haven't seen the OP) so that I can find everything myself. But in fact, I guess haven't seen even 50% of the new content :)
    Pibarojackjack
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    I hadn't come across that one before, probably because I haven't romanced Hexxat. If someone could give me the details, I'll put it in
  • SneakWalkerSneakWalker Member Posts: 49
    Tresset said:

@ajwz it is done. I also noticed your guide does not include Korkorran's Cowl, which I believe comes from the Hexxat romance (and is rather important too), but I am not sure on the details.

Thank you so much. ;)
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    I would do some minor necromancy with this thread for visibility sake as well as some extra information about some explosive arrows
    [spoiler]
    You can get 10 Explosive arrows during Rasaad ToB quest. Once you've talked to Meems, get back to the entrance of the zone, you will be spoken to by a dwarf that will tell you of a trap. Once the dialogue is over a group of enemies appear, and their captain holds 10 arrows of detonation which he will try and unload on you, but if you kill him fast enough you will have some arrows left. As such they aren't so good, but you can use them without losing them through a simulacrum spell/Vhailor's Helm
    semiticgoddess
  • VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Where can I get Dark Justice - vorpal sword +5?
    @Vitor you can't, it is a NPC weapon only, wielded by The Winged in Black pits 2
    VitorJuliusBorisovAndreaColombo
  • KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
    Wow, some necroposting about extras.

You can get extra Edventar's Gift(ring of Free Action) in ToB's portion of Hexxat's quest from the gnome in the room with spiders. Also there's a Girdle of Hill Giant(str 19) there and a Potion of Power.
    Also you can get extra robe of Evil Archmagi from Umolex there.
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    Honesty, a Wiki is much more appropriate to such work to harvested knowledge about items in a game, anyway.
    A forum thread is just not efficient at all.
    proghead3
  • Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    This king of guide exist for SOD?
  • Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    thanks a lot!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    This thread should maybe be updated with the SoD items that transfer, as well as their new position :)
    ajwzjustfeelinathome
    Thanks alot. Updated What are the stats on the new items?
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    They should be the same as they were in SoD
    Circlet of Lost Souls is a helmet slot item that grant +1 to caster level and bless to summoned spirits and apparently also give the wearer a +2 bonus to Thaco (not mentionned on description but my thaco changes when I equip it)
    Heart of the mountain is an amulet that grants +2 to AC, and +10pv to summoned spirits and doesn't seem to count as a +2 amulet so you can wear it with an enchanted armor
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    edited April 2016
    Now I'm just missing the Robe of Red Flames, I finished the SOA part of the game without finding them. I think the robe of red flames could be obtained through Edwin questline since it was he who gave it you, can't check right now since I killed him and don't have a save before.
    Post edited by Queynos on
    jackjack
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Voidsword from SoD can be found in Bhodi's lair after you return from the Underdark (room with spikes if I remember correctly)
    ajwzjackjackineth
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    None of these items are showing up, could it be because I imported from a character file and not from a save game? I had all the items in my inventory.
    mf2112
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Is there a way to put the import items where they should be in a currently ongoing run? I'm like 10 hours in and just noticed that the imported items aren't there, probably because of the way I imported ( encountered the same bug importing into SoD) - any way to place them there, or do I have to console them in?

Also, can you console in new SoD items that don't normally import into BG2 like the robe of arcane amplitude or wizzards hat?
    You must import a game, not a file, for these items to show up. There is no way that I know to import the in the middle of a playthrough.
    You may console them in as well, though I cannot help you with the item IDs. You should be able to get them with EEKeeper though.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    Is there a thread like this for BG1ee?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited April 2018
  • Aiolos83Aiolos83 Member Posts: 568
    Ryofu said:

Dark Justice +5

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    窶・15% chance of decapitating the opponent with each successful attack
    窶・Each hit drains 1d6 Hit Points from the target and transfers it to the wielder. This will not heal beyond the wielder's maximum.

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 1d10+5, +5 extra vs. chaotic
    Damage type: Slashing
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Two-handed Sword
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires:
    14 Strength

Where is it possible to take this weapon? Thanks
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited June 2018
    Aiolos83 said:

Ryofu said:

Dark Justice +5

STATISTICS:

Combat abilities:
    窶・15% chance of decapitating the opponent with each successful attack
    窶・Each hit drains 1d6 Hit Points from the target and transfers it to the wielder. This will not heal beyond the wielder's maximum.

THAC0: +5
    Damage: 1d10+5, +5 extra vs. chaotic
    Damage type: Slashing
    Speed Factor: 5
    Proficiency Type: Two-handed Sword
    Type: Two-handed
    Requires:
    14 Strength

Where is it possible to take this weapon? Thanks
    It's not in the game. That's someone's modded creation. Thanks for the clarification, @Rik_Kirtaniya
    Post edited by Durenas on
    Rik_Kirtaniya
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    edited June 2018
    This weapon does not occur in the main BG2 campaign. However it's not a modded creation either (that is, it is a part of the regular game files).

@Aiolos83
    Dark Justice is used by the Winged in the final battle of the Black Pits 2 expansion. I don't think the Winged drops it when killed, so if you really want to have it you'll have to console it in, or add it via EEKeeper. It's not legitimately available to the player, since it is too overpowering.
    AerakarDurenas
  • Aiolos83Aiolos83 Member Posts: 568
    Thank you guys
    yes some items found in the files are not in the game as far as we know.