Skip to content

Gaming recommendation

CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
edited June 2018 in Off-Topic
Need recommendation for a game that must be on sale on steam.

Preferable rpg, but action or adventure game is OK too. Indie games are OK too. Please, no shooters.

I'm looking for charmful game with nice graphic, combat isn't required.

Currently enjoying DOS2, and I really liked Ghost of a Tale. Games that I didn't enjoy were The Bard's Tale and Faery - Legends of Avalon.
Post edited by Cvijeta on

Comments

• CvijetaCvijeta Member Posts: 417
    I'm open to suggestions, any really.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    What is your favorite game of all time? What games have you not enjoyed? What are you playing right now? Need feedback before I can make a recommendation...
    Balrog99 said:

What is your favorite game of all time? What games have you not enjoyed? What are you playing right now? Need feedback before I can make a recommendation...

Post updated.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    Valkyria Chronicles was the first thing that came to mind. It's 66% off now, looks like. I wouldn't consider it a shooter, but it could edge a bit close depending on your definition.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Night in the Woods is a charming game with pretty graphics, nice music, and memorable characters. No combat, few mini-games--mostly it's a story, told via a video game. Just look up a guide when you need to get into Greg's apartment; it's easier to look up the solution to that puzzle.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Commandos. There's a special pack with all of them.
    SethDavis said:

Valkyria Chronicles was the first thing that came to mind. It's 66% off now, looks like. I wouldn't consider it a shooter, but it could edge a bit close depending on your definition.

It's bit close, but I like the suggestion. If it's not a war game, it would be perfect.

Night in the Woods is a charming game with pretty graphics, nice music, and memorable characters. No combat, few mini-games--mostly it's a story, told via a video game. Just look up a guide when you need to get into Greg's apartment; it's easier to look up the solution to that puzzle.

When I said no combat, I meant more like Ghost of a Tale gameplay. But thank you for suggesting it, it was on my wishlist à while back.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    edited June 2018
    I would advise BioShock Infinite. Technically it's a shooter but doesn't feel at all like that. It's a beautiful game with beautiful scenery, a very inspiring adventure. And a very interesting story.
    edited June 2018
    Thank you all for your suggestions and time

Games that might get the cut, but not all of them
    Valkyria Chronicles - too much a war game
    Dragon Dogma DA - not sure I did it enough
    Atelier Sophie tAotMB - tad expensive, might have enough next week, my resolution isn't supported
    Sorcery Saga tCoGCL - not on sale, big turnoff
    Witcher 3 GOTY - not sure do I dig Geraint, but everyone seems to suggest it to me
    Tales of Berseria - too much expensive dlcs
    Mulaka - about a culture I don't dig very much
    Full Metal Furies - online game optimized
    Dark Souls 2 - controller friendly
    Divinity OS EE - not sure do I want to own it twice, I have it on gog
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    edited June 2018
    Cvijeta said:

Tales of Berseria - too much expensive dlcs

Those are just extra costumes. I had the same doubt about buying it a couple weeks ago, but after a closer check grabbed it.

PS If you don't mind visual novels, there's an old classic Eien no Aselia packing pretty brutal turn-based combat. You have to be ok with teenage characters and with reading alot though.
    SethDavis said:

Heh, I just bought it myself :)
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    How about Wasteland 2? Looks like it's $15 bucks on steam right now. It's a little different than what you're looking for, but I had a lot of fun with it. I even liked it enough to back Wasteland 3. The original Wasteland is the game that inspired the first Fallout games, in fact Black Isle wanted to make Wasteland 2, but couldn't get the IP back in the 90s, and that's how we got Fallout. It's made by inXile, Brian Fargo's company. He worked on the original wasteland and Fallout 1.

It is a little like the DOS games, turn based tactical combat, but with guns. I made a full on Rockabilly group last time I played, with Elvis as the leader with handguns and brawl. Everytime an enemy came into melee range of Elvis, I couldn't help but shout out "Come on Elvis, use your Karate on them!"
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    Hiya,do any of you play Guild Wars 2(Fashion Wars)?I just bought the Path Of Fire expansion and i really enjoy it even though i have no clue what I'm doing.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I've been wishlisting Tower of Time for a while now and it's 40% off on GOG (polish week, or whatever it's called, so it also includes discounts on Witcher games etc). It seems like a good game, but I haven't played it so I can't say if it is or not.