Skip to content

[MOD] Skip Chateau Irenicus

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited July 2017
    Arthas said:

Please clarify. This mod is an improved dungeon be gone, from what I see, because it also detects the mod-added npcs, so you can get them too. Am I wrong? are there any other differences?

Yes. As Dungeon-Be-Gone it allows you to skip Chateau Irenicus. However, it uses a less silly approach and gives the player more freedom how to proceed. Moreover, it uses EE-specific features, so that you can still collect missed items from the dungeon afterwards (including mod-added stuff). You can find out more details in the readme (see first post).
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Arthas said:

Please clarify. This mod is an improved dungeon be gone, from what I see, because it also detects the mod-added npcs, so you can get them too. Am I wrong? are there any other differences?

The difference is that in DbG, someone appears in the dungeon and asks the PC whether he wants to skip the dungeon. It's a bit silly and rather 4th wall breaking.
    argent77's mod, however, fits neatless into the game as if it's original game content, and it gives the PC (player) the choice of whether to directly go to the exit (i.e. skip the dungeon), or go through it nontheless, or do parts of it... and all items you didn't collect on the way will be found in the ruins, so nothing is lost. And, as you already pointed out, it supports most (is ready to support all) mod NPCs found in the dungeon and makes them available independent of how you play through ID.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,269
    Arthas said:

@Arthas The "Dungeon be gone" has no support EE/EET if you use other language than English.
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    This mod is great. Thank you! Also popped my modcherry, who knows what's going to happen now

New version: Skip Chateau Irenicus v3.0

Changes in v3.0:
    • Added compatibility with classic BG2
    • Added compatibility with BG2:EE pre-2.0
    SharGuidesMyHand
    argent77 said:

• Added compatibility with classic BG2
    Wohoo!! Thank you for this. (I assume BGT is also covered?)

I don't have a working BGT installation available, and creating one is currently out of question. But I don't see why it should not work in BGT either. I'll test it as soon as I get the opportunity.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    argent77 said:

• Added compatibility with BG2:EE pre-2.0

argent77 said:

I don't have a working BGT installation available, and creating one is currently out of question. But I don't see why it should not work in BGT either. I'll test it as soon as I get the opportunity.

I have made a test in BGT and everything worked fine. Just note that there can be other mods that make use of the dungeon transportation system for their own purposes. In this case it's probably the first mod in the installation list that takes precedence.
    Thanks! Do you know any other specific mod that would comply to that?
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    Has anyone tried to install this mod together with Dungeon Be Gone?
    @jastey I have tested the mod once on an ancient BGT mega-mod installation, where another mod took precedence. I can't say exactly which mod though, as there are about 400 mods mentioned in the WeiDU.log (possibly NEJ?).

@Gwendolyne Both mods can theoretically be installed at the same time. However, that can be exploited to get duplicate items. Since DBG teleports you to the end of the dungeon, you can simply backtrack to the nearest portal and use it. The mod is already marked as incompatible with Dungeon-Be-Gone in BWS, but I could also add an explicit check to the mod itself.
  • SupaCreamySupaCreamy Member Posts: 1
    Can this mod work in multiplayer?
    I'm pretty certain the mod works fine in multiplayer. The relevant cutscenes contain code to properly sync in multiplayer games.

The only situation that could be challenging for multiplayer games is straight after arriving at Waukeen's Promenade, when the loot from the dungeon is moved to the containers in the rubble of the destroyed building (BG2EE patched to v2.0 or higher only).
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    edited May 2019
    delete
    New version: Skip Chateau Irenicus v3.1

Changelog:
    • Added Russian translation (thanks Austin)
    • Fixed Jaheira should escape even when you talked to her in the dungeon
    • Converted readme into html format
  • AmelianAmelian Member Posts: 19
    When should the mod best be installed regarding installation order or does it not matter at all?
    Amelian wrote: »
    When should the mod best be installed regarding installation order or does it not matter at all?
    It should be installed after NPC mods. If you choose to skip the optional component that takes care of mod NPCs then installation order is largely irrelevant.
    Amelian
  • AmelianAmelian Member Posts: 19
    @argent77
    Thanks a lot. I was just installing mods via EE Mod Setup and that program had no option for Skip Chateau Irenicus, so I'm kinda relieved now that I don't have to do it all over again and just can install SCI after everything else. :)
  • buenabuena Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I'm trying to install the Skip mod using WeiDU from arch user repos (https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/weidu-bin/) and the binary I found here https://github.com/Argent77/A7-SkipChateauIrenicus/releases/tag/v3.1 (the linux version). But I get the following error when extracting the contents of the map in my BG2EE installation directory:
    ~/Games/BG2EE % weidu setup-SkipChateauIrenicus.tp2
    [weidu] WeiDU version 24700

ERROR: Unable to find CHITIN.KEY in:
    	../..
    	../../..
    	/

FATAL ERROR: Failure("Unable to find CHITIN.KEY: run me in an Infinity Engine game directory")

Its probably because of it being written mainly as a windows script and such it does not care about lower or higher case, while linux does; I have a file called chitin.key in my install:
    ~/Games/BG2EE % locate chitin.key
    /home/buena/Games/BG2EE/game/chitin.key

Can I fix this somehow? I want to skip the initial dungeon :smile:
    Firstly, make sure to unpack the mod archive directly into the game installation folder, "/home/buena/Games/BG2EE/game" in your case. However, unless the filesystem where the game is installed hasn't been made case-insensitive you might still not be able to install this or any other mods.

There are ways to solve this problem. This topic describes a number of options how to make the game folder case-insensitive. Scroll further down to find more options.
  • buenabuena Member Posts: 2
    argent77 wrote: »
    Firstly, make sure to unpack the mod archive directly into the game installation folder, "/home/buena/Games/BG2EE/game" in your case. However, unless the filesystem where the game is installed hasn't been made case-insensitive you might still not be able to install this or any other mods.

There are ways to solve this problem. This topic describes a number of options how to make the game folder case-insensitive. Scroll further down to find more options.

OK, thanks for the info! But yikes, thats a lot :sweat_smile: creating a separate file system with the arguably crappy feature of case-insensitivity just to skip a dungeon? I think ill just sit thru the dungeon instead I guess haha :) thanks for the help anyway
    New version: Skip Chateau Irenicus v3.2

This release adds previously missing (and long overdue) BGT support and provides an option to improve the opening cutscene in Chateau Irenicus by making it more believable.

Changelog:
    • Added new component "More realistic opening cutscene"
    • Added missing BGT support
    • Added Project Infinity metadata
    jasteyhook71SirBaldur
    New version: Skip Chateau Irenicus v3.3

Changelog:
    • Added Spanish translation (thanks @ElGamerViejuno )
    • Some internal code cleanup
  • ElGamerViejunoElGamerViejuno Member Posts: 3
    Nice! :)
  • FelipefplFelipefpl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 119
    Added brazilian portuguese translation.
    Felipefpl wrote: »
    Added brazilian portuguese translation.

Thank you!
    New version: Skip Chateau Irenicus v3.4

Changelog:
    • Added Brazilian Portuguese translation (thanks Felipe)
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    Some clarification about install order:

1/ Should i install Skip Chateau Irenicus before Adrian, Chloe and Yasraena?
    2/ Is it also recommended to install Skip Chateau Irenicus before NPC mods? (as recommended by @jastey https://gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/31321-eet-mod-install-order-guide-wip/?do=findComment&comment=326849)

Mordekaie wrote: »
    Some clarification about install order:

1/ Should i install Skip Chateau Irenicus before Adrian, Chloe and Yasraena?
    2/ Is it also recommended to install Skip Chateau Irenicus before NPC mods? (as recommended by @jastey https://gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/31321-eet-mod-install-order-guide-wip/?do=findComment&comment=326849)

1) No. install "Skip Chateau Irenicus" after these mod NPCs, since they are handled by this mod directly. However, I would think twice about skipping the dungeon at all if it is the starting location for mod NPCs you plan to use in your party.

2) Yes, that's good advice from jastey, since other NPC mods might include their own ways to handle skipped Chateau Irenicus.