Skip to content

[MOD] Skip Chateau Irenicus

13»

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    Oh, but I forgot about CI's handling of mod NPCs. I was only thinking about it being a quest tweak of sorts so I recommended putting it before mod NPCs so they can detect it. This is not how CI's handling of NPCs inside Irenicus' Dungeon works, is it?

For Grey and Breagar, skipping Irenicus' Dungeon is already considered regardless of install order.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    NPC handling is done by a separate subcomponent of the mod. It should be enough to install that subcomponent after mod NPCs.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,673
    @argent77 very good! Thanks for info.
    Then recommending installing the main mod before NPC mods and the compatibility component after should make sense.
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    There is some strange thing with his mod, I think, and weidu. Weidu always pauses
    at this mod when later mods are installed. I think some query status thing is not
    quite correct. Not sure if this is due to weidu being silly or this mod being problematic
    or other mods, but I rarely have the same issue with any other mod. (It may be a weidu
    issue though. Weidu really should be replaced one day... if anyone has the KNOWLEDGE
    to do so. I don't. Or, I don't know what should be done, e. g. what files to be modified.
    Weidu is also notoriously underdocumented.)
    There is some strange thing with his mod, I think, and weidu. Weidu always pauses
    at this mod when later mods are installed. I think some query status thing is not
    quite correct. Not sure if this is due to weidu being silly or this mod being problematic
    or other mods, but I rarely have the same issue with any other mod. (It may be a weidu
    issue though. Weidu really should be replaced one day... if anyone has the KNOWLEDGE
    to do so. I don't. Or, I don't know what should be done, e. g. what files to be modified.
    Weidu is also notoriously underdocumented.)

Do you install mods manually by their own setup-*.exe installers? In that case it's probably a result of WeiDU's auto-update mechanism. The delay may occur when mixed 32-bit and 64-bit binaries are processed by the updater. Antivirus tools may also play a role in the delays.

There are WeiDU options to suppress the auto-update. But it's a bit fiddly since it requires to run WeiDU from the command line. Another option is the new WeiDU Install Tool. It also suppresses update operations and should therefore install mods without further delays.
  • HermeticsHermetics Member Posts: 24
    Does this mess up the imoen romance mod since it has triggers inside of irenicus dungeon?
    Hermetics wrote: »
    Does this mess up the imoen romance mod since it has triggers inside of irenicus dungeon?

Yes, you'll miss a conversation with Imoen if you skip the dungeon. The dialog is optional though, and the same would happen if you kick out Imoen or when she gets mortally wounded and leaves on her own.
  • UlkeshUlkesh Member Posts: 211
    It doesn't mess up though, you just skip an optional conversation that you could have had.

The mod will continue to work flawlessly.
    I have installed this mod and I had a doubt pop up after the nth time I get out of the irenicus dungeon.

Do you get the xp you would be getting by exploring the dungeon? That is locks, traps, and creatures you would be killing inside.
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    Do you get the xp you would be getting by exploring the dungeon? That is locks, traps, and creatures you would be killing inside.

Yes, you gain some experience by using the shortcut to the surface. But not as much as if you complete the dungeon normally. The difference should be negligible in the long run though.
    Would it be possible for you to tell me the xp difference? I'm curious, because when I emerged from the chateau, I only got the 34500xp *6 =207k.

What xp value am I supposed to get with your mod and what if I played the Dungeon myself?
    Sure. You gain a fixed 90k party experience when you use the teleporter to transport to the surface.

There aren't any hidden conditions attached, so you could theoretically complete the whole dungeon and then use the teleporter to gain some extra xp.
    edited January 31
    argent77 wrote: »
    Sure. You gain a fixed 90k party experience when you use the teleporter to transport to the surface.

There aren't any hidden conditions attached, so you could theoretically complete the whole dungeon and then use the teleporter to gain some extra xp.

Edit: Tested, it works. Thanks. The number was up and up, while I expected it to be near the single experience reward for each npc
    There is a npc mod, Adrian, that has to be rescued if you wish to play with him in Irenicus dungeon. Would you need Isra (mod creator) to allow for the rescue to happen automatically? Or what would be the best way to allow the player to free him without having to do the whole dungeon?
    Ulkesh wrote: »
    There is a npc mod, Adrian, that has to be rescued if you wish to play with him in Irenicus dungeon. Would you need Isra (mod creator) to allow for the rescue to happen automatically? Or what would be the best way to allow the player to free him without having to do the whole dungeon?
    One of the subcomponents (Deal with skipped NPCs > All available NPCs) takes care of it for a few selected mod NPCs already, which also includes support for Adrian. More details can be found in the mod's readme.

The solution provided by this mod is mainly technical though, so that you won't be locked out of the NPC completely. I would still suggest to do the whole dungeon if you don't want to miss any content from the mod NPC.
    edited February 17
    I've got a question - does the mod require you to actually
    - free Minsc and Jaheira ?
    - loot the table and the picture near the golem ?

The readme is not explicit if you are supposed to do that or you can simply go through, finding Jaheira and Minsc in their respective location (as if they were booted).
    No, they don't have to be freed. They will be automatically moved to their designated meeting places as if they joined and left the party when you use the shortcut to the surface.
    Well, thanks. I always thought it was "required", but then I saw the options about "all available npc" and the question came to my mind.