Skip to content

IWD EE Keeps Crashing in Multiplayer

My brother is home from college and we decided to fire up an old multiplayer save on IWD. I didn't realize a new patch had been released and I have never experienced technical issues to this extent before. Unfortunately the game consistently crashes when I access the multiplayer function. I don't know if this is a common issue people are experiencing, or if there is a solution. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Incarnadine9, and welcome to the forum.

This may be due to using the old saved game. Have you tried with a new game at all?

Gus
  • Incarnadine9Incarnadine9 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the response, but the game crashes immediately when I enter into the multiplayer display window. I'm pretty sure it is related to the newest patch release, as I've never had an issue before with accessing multiplayer.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This issue is fixed internally, thanks. There will be one additional update for IWD:EE at the end of the 2.5 patch cycle for BG:EE, SoD and BGII:EE (even while IWD:EE is already patched to 2.5).
    lolienAedan
  • LegendaryLegendary Member Posts: 53

This issue is fixed internally, thanks. There will be one additional update for IWD:EE at the end of the 2.5 patch cycle for BG:EE, SoD and BGII:EE (even while IWD:EE is already patched to 2.5).

When will that be? I came to the forums to check on this specific issue because two of my players are unable to play at the moment.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    I have the same issue :(
    [Deleted User]
    Can you please release a hotfix in the meantime? This is a huge bug - MM is not playable in this way.
    [Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Unfortunately, the exact ETA can't be provided, as it's difficult to say how long the patches for BG:EE and SoD will take.

IWD:EE got the 2.5 patch on May 1, BGII:EE got the 2.5 patch on June 29.
    @JuliusBorisov
    A hotfix? A workaround?
    [Deleted User]
  • kamistormkamistorm Member Posts: 1
    So my friends and I were playing this normally for about 7 hours yesterday. Today I wanted to happily continue our playthrough, and now some of my friends keep crashing after clicking multiplayer.
    This is now fixed!