Skip to content

Request Modfile for Android BGEE

Comments

• XhoblaimXhoblaim Member Posts: 446
    @Gusinda Damnit! Iam screwed lol.
    That kind of work sounds fun :smiley: ...and tedious. Well do what ya gotta brotha, i hope i upgrade my device soon.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Xhoblaim, report has been submitted. Hope to get more on Amaye today.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda yo i gots a question..
    Is it possible to make Ixils Spike (spear) 1hnded? So i can wear it while holding a shield. Maybe switch the attack animations to 1hnd style? If so, can you also fix the Free Action buff? Items i wear are still effected by this unfortunately. Would be appreciated, thx :smiley: .
    @Xhoblaim, sorry but I spent most of last night and today working on the modding prob for 2.5, so haven't done anything today...

I suspect that the spear could be made 1 Handed, but not sure about the animations. I don't there are 1H spear animations in the game. Will have a look.

By fix the Free Action buff, do you mean to allow haste?

Gus

Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda yessir, allow haste. :smiley:
    No worries on the work. Take your time..
    Although...this interaction and character creation stuff is pretty much my life at the moment lol. Needless to say, i shall await eagerly.
    Gusinda
    @Gusinda yo i gotz a question. Can you edit the Hayes robes for me real quick? The colors are killin me lol.. That and the ac is too low for endgame and i really like those robes, if you can make it equal to Vecna. Also, would it be possible to edit the colors so that the tan color matches the black on the robes and the green glow made into a red pulse? Like the one thats already on the robes smaller detail thats blue.

I wanna mess with the colors a bit to find that perfect wild mage look. I was also thinking of making the robes all black and giving it that glow that the jester mail has but, like on the jewlery part.

If you can snatch a moment to see if this is possible, would much appreciated :smiley:
    If not, disregard
    Hi @Xhoblaim, sorry for not responding earlier but we have been Internetless(?) due to Infrastructure Updates, or so they tell us.

I will see what I can do about the Hayes Robe. Do you have a saved game with the one you are using (there are three) .itm types?

If your looking at updating to 2.5, we now have a work around. Before you do though, I will test to see if the changes we have made here fit into 2.5.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda interesting read there man. Good stuff! :smiley: now to reinstall....oh how painful this download is gonna be..lol.
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, wait until I test the game with your mods... There may be some conflicts. Also, you will need access to a PC to be able to repack the .obb (file is 1.6ish GB in size).

Gus
    XhoblaimGuyfives
  • GuyfivesGuyfives Member Posts: 37
    @Gusinda I barely understand any of this, but I know enough, to recognize you're making mod packs compatible with android, yes? If so, where do I place the dialog.tlk file, I'm using the Dec, 2017 Tweaks-Pack(anything better I should know?), requested by JC Phoenix.

Thank you for what you already have done.
    I can't do a official list similar to the usual requests, I suffer from phonoloogical dyslexia, and that document hurts my head.

Can you recommend something with the xp cap removed, with some reliable mods?
    And if possible, a modpack for both BGEE And BG2EE(with the Sarevok Alignment mod)
    edited July 2018
    Hi @Guyfives, welcome to the forum.

What versions of BGEE and BG2EE are you running. If it is the latest then it might be difficult as there are problems with the modified dialog.tlk clashing with the original. If you are using v1.3, then the mods can be created with no problems.

For the mod requested by JC Phoenix, it was made for BGEE v1.3.2070. It was one of the earlier ones that weren't meant to be unpacked. So the file itself should be placed (unpacked) into the following folder on your device:

'/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition/files'

It's the one with baldur.ini in it. It was made using BGTweaks which is out of date now, but works fine for v1.3.

If you have already unpacked it, the you need to delete the overide folder and the lang folder, or whereever you may have placed the fialog.tlk, then just put the .zip beside baldur.ini.

For XP Cap removal, that modfile also includes XP cap removal, but if you don't intent using it, then you could look here. I am not sure if it works on the beta though. It allows you to go to Level 40 and provides the HLAs.

As far as a modfile goes, I could prob put something together but just need to understand what your likes are for the game... I haven't seen the Sarevok Alignment mod, what does it do (and do you know where it is)?

Hope that helps
    Gus
    Those are my two versions, I'm looking for some general mods that enhance the game and run quests for BGEE and BG2EE, disregard the Sarevok Alignment comment, and should I re-zip it before I place it?
    @Gusinda
    Gusinda
    Note: I have all the DLC for BGEE, but on BG2EE I skipped out on Dorn and the second picture pack.
    I placed the pack and it's working fine, when I export it will it break?
    edited July 2018

Basically Freaky02.zip with color expansion and no lvl cap.

To @Gusinda thanks for being Lawful Good.
    Post edited by Guyfives on
    Gusinda
    Thanks, @Guyfives, I will put something together and we can massage it from there. I will also post how to install the mod. It won't break the game and is very easy to get back to base game )banilla).

In case you didn't know, you can re-edit your comment by moving the cursor onto the comment; a gear cog will show on the top right hand corner. Click on it and then click on Edit. This way you can keep all it all together.

Gus
    Guyfives
    @Xhoblaim, I am in the final stages of testing the BGEE procedure, so will be able to restart back into 'The X-Factor Project'.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gisinda cool. But im already upgrading to 2.5 lol. Any word on modding there without a pc? :smiley:

*sry bout this ..i got excited and jumped the gun lol
    @Xhoblaim, that's alright... I had to have it too!

Unfortunately, you will need a PC to repack the .obb. Once that is done, the rest is as we have been doing already.

I will go ahead and test the Xmod, and see if there are any major problems. It may be that there would be a need to start again, but there are more mods open to 2.5.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda Crapola.. So with the update they eliminated the old "override" concept? Booooring lol

What does the repackaging actualy do? Technically.... Jus curious.

I hope modding 2.5 becomes easier soon.. Theres a guy here on the forums who has made a ton of mods for 2.5. I feel like a crackhead thats fiending for a fix lol :smiley:
    edited July 2018
    Can I delete posts?
    @Gusinda @Xhoblaim
    @Xhoblaim, the override folder still exists so the concepts are the same, but it is hard to say how many of the files we modded have been changed in 2.5. We might be lucky and none (or very few) have change or unlucky and the game just crashes on start...

The repackaging of the .obb moves the dialog.tlk out of the .obb so there isn't a clash between a modded and the original (which is what is happening right now). Once it is done, you don't have to worry about it again until the next patch is released. Saying that, a request has gone into Beamdog to move the dialog.tlk on install, but if it is acccepted, it wouldn't happen until the next patch anyway.

Gus
    Xhoblaim
    edited July 2018
    @Guyfives, you wont be able to delete posts.

I have created a couple of mods but I am going to place them into another discussion. This one is fairly deep and is basically about a BG2EE mod project. Others may have an interest in using them, but it is unlikely they will go past page 1 of this discussion...

I will put the link in here to them, but you will get a tap on the shoulder when you log in to notify you anyway.

BTW, I couldn't find anything specifically to do with colour changes but some mods add a colour palette such as More Styles for Mages and 1PP.

Gus

Edit:
    BG1EE Mod
    BG2EE Mod
    Post edited by Gusinda on
    Guyfives
    @Gusinda Gotcha. My next move is to find a pc lol. After that we can mod like before? Since there are more options for mods, many remakes will be needed :smiley:
    Gusinda
    Love ya @Gusinda if there was a badge for philanthropy, you would have it.
    Gusinda
    edited July 2018
    @Gusinda yo gus i have something to report...
    I decided to "see what would happen" if i dropped my mods in like last time.
    Heres what i got so far:
    Doesnt not crash on startup
    Most of the character changes have remained
    Most of the modded kit class abilities remained
    So far everything seems as it was... Except the item descriptions.
    Still running thru. See what else might still be working.

Anyhow so far so good.
    Note: I started with the most recent modfile we created (#49) and save as well.

Edit: ok so, ive been playin for a while and noticed something interesting..
    Everything works...i mean everything. The only thing that appears to have not carried over are item and class descriptions. With this being the case, its safe to assume mods like Sheena the Half Dragon's text will be out of place as well (will confirm once i get to her). Oh yea and the shaman class doesnt seem to show with the modfile. But still works if one was made prior to the modfile install.
    Post edited by Xhoblaim on
    Gusinda
    @Xhoblaim, yeah, did the install last night. I found a couple of spells that created a problem (and at least one is blank when selecting not sure what it is). I loaded the last saved game and found the same thing, it seems to work in the most (I did get a bunch of descriptions as I am using the proper dialog.tlk for the version).

Due to the change in spells etc, and now that we know what sort of things you are after, we could start again and work on one char at a time. This would allow for a selection/update of mods in the base install, then look at the individual characters themselves.

If you were to have a look at the mods you want to install as the base, then I could make a start and prep the game. Then all it should require is the adjustments to the individual PCs.

Something to think about...
    Gus
    Xhoblaim
    @Gusinda ok i think i have down what to start with:
    Lets try the Shadow Magic mod and for the others, i wanted to give LavaDelVorte's mods a shot. Hes a mod maker here on the forums..

Fit whatever you can from his mods, if they are too intricate and too big to do then scrap that.

One thing i know for sure that i need done is..once again..Valen! Lol. That ability the shamans have that summons the spirit creatures is PERFECT. Now if only it was possible to make them look like the shadows he summons.. :smiley: i think it would add a much better balance to his character. With my current mods in place, the shaman doesnt work at all and i think the chaos sorc is where the interference is. Once i added my modfile, one of the spells my shaman had changed to one of the spells from the chaos sorc items. So giving Valen the class skill will do.
    Gusinda