Skip to content

Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition 2.5 Patch

Comments

• O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Yes! Thank you for your good work.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Hello. After 2.5 update everything in game look worst than before. Overall quality of graphic lowered. Stuff in game doesnt look sharp anymore. I had the same issuse when you updated BG1EE BETA month ago. Lenovo Yoga tab2. Android.
    edited July 2018
    Something is wrong here and its not my camera. Take a look at Imoen picture. It wasnt like that before 2.5

This photo comes from IWDEE 2.5. It looks different.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Any news about the BG2EE 2.5 update for Mac on Beamdog?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    @manero Please report at support.baldursgate.com for investigation (with information about your device and screenshots).

@StefanO I reported this on Friday. Will let you know when I hear back.
  • ProfErrataProfErrata Member Posts: 36
    And what about the next release of IWDEE ?
  • egbertegbert Member Posts: 99

Thanks. I believe there is no way to revert this. I should reinstall mods. Now, will the mods be cool with 2.5 or they need a time to be updated by the authors?

At least AFAAQ doesn't run.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    egbert said:

Thanks. I believe there is no way to revert this. I should reinstall mods. Now, will the mods be cool with 2.5 or they need a time to be updated by the authors?

At least AFAAQ doesn't run.
    This mod runs fine on patch 2.5. There were just some mod incompatibilities in your specific case.
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    Downloaded. Thank you Julius.
  • MonotremataMonotremata Member Posts: 78
    YES!!! I better hurry up and finish BG1 then hah!
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    I notice that with v2.5 I'm not unable to right click on a portrait to enter the inventory screen?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @Greener, for both 16.4 Beta and 16.6, I have been able right click portrait for Inventory. There might be something else going on with your system.

Gus
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,722
    Can confirm. Have just tried - right-clicking the portrait opens the inventory screen.

@Greener Please report along with your system specs at support.baldursgate.com for investigation.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155

@GarrusN7

Our developers have just checked it. The EE uses regular BAMs for paperdolls, not the old PLTs. You'll have to convert them. PLT>PNG with the NearInfinity, then split it in half (it's a two-part BAM), then make those PNGs into BAMs.

Check if those PLTs in the pack by @lunar have transparency set up correctly.

That lime green is the internal color that gets filtered out for transparency in BAMs, just like a green screen for a movie.

I gave this method to modders. They say it doesn't work, what's worse it's misaligned too
    They don't say that. I've been monitoring that thread, and it looks to be a question of "how to do it best", not "it can't be done".
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    edited July 2018
    GarrusN7 said:

@GarrusN7

Our developers have just checked it. The EE uses regular BAMs for paperdolls, not the old PLTs. You'll have to convert them. PLT>PNG with the NearInfinity, then split it in half (it's a two-part BAM), then make those PNGs into BAMs.

That lime green is the internal color that gets filtered out for transparency in BAMs, just like a green screen for a movie.

I gave this method to modders. They say it doesn't work, what's worse it's misaligned too
    We had an issue with the colour palettes, which is now fixed. Aligning helmets and weapons is perfectly doable. Unless someone gets there first, I can do that later this month.
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430

Please report along with your system specs at support.baldursgate.com for investigation.

Issue 37980 created.
  • GarrusN7GarrusN7 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 155
    fluke13 said:

GarrusN7 said:

@GarrusN7

We had an issue with the colour palettes, which is now fixed. Aligning helmets and weapons is perfectly doable. Unless someone gets there first, I can do that later this month.
    Oh, did I misunderstand what you guys said? From what I remember there were other issues? Erm...I will just wait for other replies then haha.
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    I'm not saying that it is not a problem, but every time someone says "vanilla BAM/paperdoll/etc" were better I do my best to see a difference and all looks like the same to me.
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    So we've got cross platform multiplayer in BG2EE now, correct?

So we've got cross platform multiplayer in BG2EE now, correct?

Yes.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    thanks for the new update the game has become wonderful now, is there any possibility of receiving official translation into portuguese?
    Hello, @anastiel !

Translations for our games are being made by volunteers. After each translation is completed, it's being checked by a specialized translation company. There's no volunteer translation of BGII:EE into BR/PT right now.
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    Where can I volunteer? both for the translation of BG2 and the DLC of BG baldur's gate siege of dragonspear?
  • totuccio5totuccio5 Member Posts: 130
    Hi to all. No 2.5 BGIIEE update for me on my MacBook Pro 10.11.6. Does anyone knows why? Beamodg client, no Steam or others... installer version 1.1.13, thank you.
    @totuccio5 Please use the latest Beamdog Client (the latest version - 2.1.8) http://client.beamdog.com/download/latest

Old installers are not supported.