Skip to content

[MOD] PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded

Comments

• jerfdrjerfdr Member Posts: 1
    I have a problem with the "Expanded Deionarra's Truth" mod.

Namely, after I tell Kesai-Serris that Ravel is dead, she asks me to wait a day for her to prepare to go into the dream. After that no matter how long I wait, she still says "Not yet. I need a little more time." I've tried waiting several days (by resting at the Sensate room multiple times), and she still "needs more time". What could be the issue?
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    edited March 2018
    jerfdr said:

I have a problem with the "Expanded Deionarra's Truth" mod.

@jerfdr Could you open the debug console and tell me the results of the following commands?
    C:GetGlobal("Kesai_Dream_Quest","GLOBAL") C:GetGlobal("Kesai_Timer","GLOBAL")
    The first command should return 3. The second should return a big number.
    Post edited by argent77 on
  • YoshYosh Member Posts: 16
    Hey there,
    I'm having the same difficulties as 'jerfdr': been sleeping for days in-game now and Kesai is still repeating her dialogue, that she needs more time. I tried the console commands you provided; the first returned a 3, and the second returned 3798219. Maybe that helps. Thanks in advance :)
    I haven't seen anything so far that could interfere with the dialog conditions, but I will take a closer look. Do you have any other mods installed which might cause compatibility issues?
    I do have other mods installed, but whether they could cause compatibility issues I'm not sure. Basically I only installed mods listed in the thread 'Mods for PST:EE' here on the Beamdog Forum.

So besides 'PST-UB-reloaded' (which I installed second to last, so just before biffing) I installed the following:

* 'A7-BanterAccelerator'

* 'A7-LevelUpTweaks'

* 'A7-ResizeableCombatLog'

* 'BagsOfTorment'

* 'HiddenGameplayOptions'

* 'cdtweaks' // the following Components:
    - Force all dialogue to Pause Game
    - Change experience Cap (remove Cap installed)
    - Cast Spells on Scrolls on Character Level
    - Change Grandmastery Bonus (True Grandmastery installed)
    - Un-Nerfed THAC0-Table
    - Alter Mage Spell Progression Table (Un-Nerfed Table installed)
    - Alter Bard Spell Progression Table (Un-Nerfed Table installed)
    - Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table (Un-Nerfed Table installed)
    - Exceptional Strength Weight Limit Changes
    - Maximum HP for NPCs (Party Joinable NPCs only)
    - Easy Spell Learning
    - Change Effect of Reputation on Store Prices (Low Rep Store Discount installed)
    - Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking (Stacks of 40 installed)
    - Increase Potion Stacking (Stacks of 40 installed)
    - Increase Scroll Stacking (Stacks of 40 installed)
    - Sellable Items

* 'generalized_biffing' (was said to be needed in order for the BagsOfTorment to function properly)

So, at least on a first glance it doesn't seem like there is any mod that would change Kesai
    @Yosh I have scanned Kesai-Serris' dialog more thoroughly and couldn't find anything that would prevent the right conditions to fire. There is a reference to a symbolic value involved, but it's unlikely that it has been altered by another mod. Nevertheless, if you open the file GTIMES.IDS in Near Infinity you should find a line of "ONE_DAY" associated to a number. The number should be 7200.

Could you also attach a zipped save file (full "000000000-Save-Name" folder if possible)? Maybe I can find the cause there.
    Heyho,
    so, I don't seem to have GTIMES.IDS in my directory; the only *.IDS files I can find are: ANIMATE.IDS, SONGS.IDS, SONGLIST.IDS and shoutids.ids... but I made a save near Kesai and zipped it. Hopefully the upload worked. But really, don't stress about the whole thing, if it shouldn't work out. If it's just an isolated issue with me and it works fine for the rest of the players, there's no need for you to put so much time and effort into this... you've done more than enough already giving us this great mod (!)... so thanks for everything and have a nice (and hopefully sunny) rest of the weekend. Cheers! :)
    Looks like the timer has been set to an absurdly high value for some reason (probably 10 days or more). You should be able to fix the timer with the following console command:
    C:SetGlobal("Kesai_Timer","GLOBAL",0)
    Thank you SO much! That seems to have fixed it (didn't have time to play through the whole dream as of yet, but at least it triggers and starts)... really happy about this and very grateful to you :)
  • EugVVlEugVVl Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 118
    edited April 2018
    Here is updated Russian translation. Added new lines, error fixes, some text editing.
    Don't know about setup.tra. It must be coded in cp866, but it's not. It's unreadable in any encoding I know, so I just use the mod without it.
    @EugVVl Thanks a lot for the translation!
    EugVVl said:

Don't know about setup.tra. It must be coded in cp866, but it's not. It's unreadable in any encoding I know, so I just use the mod without it.

Notepad++ tells me that current Russian setup.tra is encoded in OEM 855. I don't know if it's supported by Russian locales on modern systems. Most mods appear to use Windows-1251 instead.
    argent77 said:

Notepad++ tells me that current Russian setup.tra is encoded in OEM 855.

Ah, yes. And it even works, if convert from cp855 to cp866... for first component.

But then:

It's strange. Tested on Win7.
    @EugVVl Does Windows-1251 work better?
    edited April 2018
    @argent77 These are console messages. Default encoding for them is cp866. There is a command that switches the console to cp1251 (or cmd.exe command line switch), but I think using this encoding is not a good idea.

I checked, converted file to cp1251 and launched as "cmd /a /c setup-PST-UB-reloaded.exe". In cp1251, all messages are displayed normally... except for the message about first component.
    @EugVVl I now remember a bug report I made a while ago that addressed this issue. It seems to be a Windows-specific bug that may already be fixed in Windows 10, so I think it's rather safe to provide an updated setup.tra in CP866 encoding for this mod.

New release: PS:T Unfinished Business - Reloaded v1.2

Changelog:
    • Updated Polish translation and added readme (thanks memory)
    • Updated Russian translation (thanks Eugene Vlasov)
    • Changed encoding of Russian setup.tra from CP855 to CP866
    AedanCahirMiraStastnymemory
  • jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    I'm having problems with the Alufiend portrait for Vrischika to work with @smeagolheart 's Journal Portrait Conversations for PSTEE mod.

from https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/64382/mod-journal-portrait-conversations-for-pstee/p4 (I've snipped quotes for brevity):
    jaklumen said:

It depends on the order you install the mods and if that creature is correctly coded.

Sure, that makes a lot of sense. I double-checked my mod order and it IS installed after UB. So I will ask on the thread for UB to ask if there's something in Vrischika's code that's preventing this mod from calling up the fan-added Alufiend portrait.
    Here's a screenshot. I'm on Linux Mint 18.3, running the WeidU .exe installer through Wine:

I'm not sure I installed everything in EXACTLY that order, but UB-Reloaded is listed as 5th, and Journal Portrait Conversations 7th.

I don't have any problems calling up the Alufiend portrait in the Journal section. But I'm confident that was already pretty solid, because I remember using this mod when Qwinn was still actively maintaining it, back on classic PST, when I was still actively using Windows. (hehe)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    check your weidu.log file for the installed order.
  • jaklumenjaklumen Member Posts: 16
    I'm not sure how to interpret this, but here's the file:
    // Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~PST-UB-RELOADED/SETUP-PST-UB-RELOADED.TP2~ #0 #0 // All Recommended PS:T Unfinished Business Components: v1.2
    ~PST-UB-RELOADED/SETUP-PST-UB-RELOADED.TP2~ #0 #50 // Expanded Deionarra's Truth Mod: v1.2
    ~PST-UB-RELOADED/SETUP-PST-UB-RELOADED.TP2~ #0 #51 // Restored Cheat Items (Not Recommended): v1.2
    ~JOURNALPORTRAITCONVERSATIONS/SETUP-JOURNALPORTRAITCONVERSATIONS.TP2~ #0 #200 // Modify PSTEE UI.Menu: 0.51
    ~JOURNALPORTRAITCONVERSATIONS/SETUP-JOURNALPORTRAITCONVERSATIONS.TP2~ #0 #210 // Use PSTEE Bestiary Portraits for dialogue: 0.51
    ~BAGSOFTORMENT/SETUP-BAGSOFTORMENT.TP2~ #0 #0 // Containers for PST:EE: 1.1
    ~POWEROFBELIEF/SETUP-POWEROFBELIEF.TP2~ #0 #0 // Power of Belief: 0.1
    ~DETECT_TRAPS_FOR_PSTEE/DETECT_TRAPS_FOR_PSTEE.TP2~ #1 #0 // Annah and TNO are looking for traps: 2
    ~HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS/SETUP-HIDDENGAMEPLAYOPTIONS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Install Hidden Gameplay Options -> All available options: 1.3
    ~PST-SAVENORDOMTWEAK/SETUP-PST-SAVENORDOMTWEAK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Save Nordom! Tweak
    I've looked into the issue. "JournalPortraitConversations" appears to use leftover game resources from classic PST for the dialog portraits. These resources are still available in PSTEE, but otherwise unused. PST-UB-Reloaded doesn't install this particular resource in PSTEE though, so it can't be picked up by the conversation mod.

You have several options how to fix it locally:

1.) Manually copy the file "PST-UB-reloaded/Bestiary/copy/pst/JRALUKN.BMP" into the override folder of the game. Reinstall "JournalPortraitConversations".

2.) Manually copy the file "PST-UB-reloaded/Bestiary/copy/pst/JRALUKN.BMP" into the override folder of the game. Open Near Infinity, select the file VRSCHKA.CRE (can be found either in CRE or Override node of resource tree). Select field "Small portrait" and assign "JRALUKN.BMP" to it. Save the resource.

Both options will only work if you haven't visited Vrishika's shop yet. I'll add a fix in the next mod release.
    Gusindajaklumenbob_veng
  • MothorMothor Member Posts: 244
    I've got a question: Regarding the bug mentioned in the OP which requires generalized biffing, which option( 0 or 1) is the reccommended one during installation?
    @Mothor Generalized Biffing option 1 (biff all files) is required to work around this bug.

Btw, this bug is not specific to PST:UB. Generalized Biffing should be installed last or after any other content mods you might want to install.
    Mothor
    The mod is now also available at Spellhold Studios: Download (support topic)

Download links in the first post have been updated.
    AedanGusinda
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Hello,
    is it possible for you to add a cheat tweak for the nordrom maze? I admit in almost (probably I did more) 15 playthroughs I was never able to find the archmage nor upgrade nordrom.

Pretty please. :D
    edited July 2018
    Arthas said:

Hello,
    is it possible for you to add a cheat tweak for the nordrom maze? I admit in almost (probably I did more) 15 playthroughs I was never able to find the archmage nor upgrade nordrom.

A feature like this doesn't really belong in a mod that focuses on restoring cut or removed content. Tweaks Anthology or a separate mod would be better choices.

However, if you just want to quickly finish the maze, you can use the following console commands instead:
    1. Teleport to engine room: C:Eval('TeleportParty("AR13EN",[932.538],2)')
    2. Teleport to maze boss: C:Eval('TeleportParty("AR13WZ",[386.1234],10)')
    3. Teleport to Nordom: C:Eval('TeleportParty("AR13FD",[909.914],6)')

You should teleport to the boss or Nordom after having the maze set to the hardest difficulty mode, or there may be scripting issues.
    MiraStastnyArthas
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Argent77, thanks a lot. I owe you one.
    edited September 2018
    Issue with Russian translation:

It seems that the old name of this NPC in dialogue was replaced, but to the English "Carver", not to a new name from 49632.
    @EugVVl Russian is not yet officially supported by PST:EE. That's why the "Carver" patch for Russian is currently disabled. It will fall back to English instead.

If you have access to a Russian translation, can you test if the text replacement works correctly? You can enable it by uncommenting lines 405-409 in the file PST-UB-reloaded/Yemeth/tph/Yemeth.tph.

The following game strings may be affected: 49647, 49653, 49659, 49670, 49681, 49686, 49690, 49697, 49700, 49703, 49706, 49709, 49710, 49712, 49717, 49718, 49719, 49720, 49721, 49722, 49723, 49724, 49727, 49728, 49729, 49735 and 49737.
    @argent77
    argent77 said:

Russian is not yet officially supported by PST:EE.

Just a question of time. There are two unofficial translations (one of them is mine).
    argent77 said:

If you have access to a Russian translation, can you test if the text replacement works correctly? You can enable it by uncommenting lines 405-409 in the file PST-UB-reloaded/Yemeth/tph/Yemeth.tph.

404-409. Yes, with uncommented lines all replacement works correctly.

Thank you. Yes, it was line 404-409. I will reactivate the language in the next mod release.