Skip to content

[Request] Beamdog's BAM anim 3D->2D tool

switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
edited July 2018 in General Modding
If I remember correctly during one of recent live streams (or maybe it was AMA?) one of the Beamdog devs mentioned that the only new internal tool developed for SoD was a program (macro?) that is able to auto rotate 3d model/position model viewer camera, in order to take snapshots of it, making creature anim conversion from 3D to 2D BAM format easier. It was mentioned that the tool could be released for modders if there is any interest in it.

@JuliusBorisov, please ask the dev team for a link. Let's get it before this useful peace of code is forever lost.
@Avenger_teambg
Post edited by swit on
ArunsunRaduzieltRuffusGrammarsalad

Comments

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    I don't know about this, sorry.
    swit
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Anyone else remembers where this tool/macro was mentioned? I think it may have been one of the Beamdog streams around march. If this is the case maybe @PhillipDaigle can share more info about it (I don't think it was Trent mentioning it).
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for the reminder! We'll see what we can do.
    swittRuffus
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @swit They mentioned the tool (I think it's this one) in the last stream. They plan to release it sometimes in the future.
    JuliusBorisovswit
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    Thanks! Glad it will be released for modders :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    Bumping this
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Ooohhhh, shiny!
  • battlestationsbattlestations Member Posts: 6
    Hmmmm
  • Timbo0o0o0Timbo0o0o0 Member Posts: 60
    That sounds good, thanks!
    JuliusBorisov
  • battlestationsbattlestations Member Posts: 6
    We haven't forgotten about this. At this particular moment, we want to release 2.6 on all platforms first, then we'll finish our update on that tool and make it available for modders.

That is awesome looking forward to it.
    JuliusBorisov
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    We haven't forgotten about this. At this particular moment, we want to release 2.6 on all platforms first, then we'll finish our update on that tool and make it available for modders.

That is awesome looking forward to it.

Same!