Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Zarugal said:

I think Kensai characters already have everything they deserve. Think of it as the price you pay for jumping on the mainstream hype-train that is the Kensai class and it's Dual Class abilities.

Now an engine tweak/re-jig that allows you to select the character models for Dual/Multi-Class characters, instead of being lumped with the Fighter>Mage>Thief hierarchy, THAT would be a dream.

It all begins with the addition of a hat..

Indeed, I edited for clarification, just tweak the default fighter model a bit appearance wise or some such. Or even some sort of basic, appearance-only robe that is wearable by all for the hell of it.

Have a peak at Greener's Kensai tweak for how to take them down some notches in ways (no enchanted weapons etc as per pnp). http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/648890#Comment_648890

I think they should be their own standalone, non-multi or dualable class, heresy I know.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Zarugal said:

I think Kensai characters already have everything they deserve. Think of it as the price you pay for jumping on the mainstream hype-train that is the Kensai class and it's Dual Class abilities.

Now an engine tweak/re-jig that allows you to select the character models for Dual/Multi-Class characters, instead of being lumped with the Fighter>Mage>Thief hierarchy, THAT would be a dream.

It all begins with the addition of a hat..

You know EEKeeper will let you choose freely?
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    edited June 2015
    so E3 is ending
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    AlexT said:

deltago said:

With the added benefit of crit immunity to boot... gimme now!

Certain headgear items like Ioun Stones and hats/cowls/hoods no longer provide critical hit protection in Adventure Y.

That is now exclusive to proper helmets.

And this is how it's working in IWDEE. So, I was one of those wondering if the IWDEE behaviour in regarding many things will be preferred in the Adventure Y instead of the BGEE behaviour.

This is one of the things definitely following the IWDEE route.

Now, we need bard songs and druid spells from IWDEE in the Adventure Y, as well as additional spells for mages and clerics, if compared to BG.
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    AlexT said:

Certain headgear items like Ioun Stones and hats/cowls/hoods no longer provide critical hit protection in Adventure Y.

Does the rumored "Returning Bowler Hat of Death +1", count as a hat or a helmet re crits? It seems a bit stouter than the usual cowl and has that ring of steel in it. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXZL2fmptkU
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wojtekwojtek Member Posts: 311
    still no trailer and announcement - SHAME SHAME SHAME :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

bengoshi said:

- Where's that pretty Easter Egg with the Gazebo partying with Elrandir the Fox, Lolien the Myconid, Anduin the Mummy and Nimran the Ferret King?

IN YOUR MIND.
    Quick some one dissect @bengoshi's brain to get st the gazebo of amazingness.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Dee said:

See, @AndrewFoley , this is why we need to stop using players' brains as servers. No data encryption at all.

Maybe you could split the user's personality first... it would generate some confusion at least...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I would only want to do that if I could install Mac OSX on the new partition. It would be really helpful for testing purposes.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857

I keep a backup of all the important stuff on my portable brain.

Damn, wish I had one of those!
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Ardanis said:

I am tempted to write something witty about all those brains, but no matter how I choose to word it, it turns into spoiler. Meh...

Encrypt the comment and do not disclose the public key until release time... :)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    mlnevese said:

Ardanis said:

I am tempted to write something witty about all those brains, but no matter how I choose to word it, it turns into spoiler. Meh...

Encrypt the comment and do not disclose the public key until release time... :)
    ...while we all attempt to crack the encryption before hand...
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    wojtek said:

oh no :/ i hate illithids..

Ahhh, don't worry, I'm sure neothelids would never have illithids nearby...

Oh wait...

Well anyhow, neothelids are probably worse than mind flayers anyway. ^_~