Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    In your inventory set, the friendly arm inn 1 picture is in fact the candlekeep library ^^

Still browsing all the options (this is wonderful work, glad you could use the pictures I posted =) !)

I'll let you know if everything works =)
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    @neoesprit - thanks for catching that....
    mmm how do I take a screenshot with BG:EE ? the Print screen button doesn't print BG =/
    edited December 2012
    @neoesprit - When you push the print screen button a screenshot will show up under My Docs\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition\ScrnShot

Same folder for your portraits folder....
    ok nice I didn't catch that ! I'll upload a screen showing what's wrong but It's not gamebreaking no worries =)
    I'm aware of the scroll bar on the inventory screen - fix for that soon.
  • nemeyethnemeyeth Member Posts: 42
    Game crashes after pushing the Baldur's Gate button on the starting screen. And the whole design looks like that: http://oi45.tinypic.com/33xy612.jpg Do not know what to do :D
    edited December 2012
    @nemeyeth - try delete everything out of the override folder and start over...

Did you just install BETA 5.0 or did you install any sets? More info about your install please. Thanks.
    edited December 2012
    @nemeyeth - make sure you have start.chu in your override folder that could be causing the issue/buttons to align strange.
    Magevil said:

I'm aware of the scroll bar on the inventory screen - fix for that soon.

Ok so no need for me to post screen ! otherwise everything works great for me atm !

I choose the Sarevok start menu (which is great by the way), the Friendly Arm Inn BG menu, gold button set and the archaic 1.0 Friendly Arm Inn 2 inventory option (the FAI always appeared to me as one of the strongest symbol of BG series so ^^)

All the other menus (journal, record, spells etc) looks much better too !

Damn it's like playing a whole other game =D
    edited December 2012
    @neoesprit - glad to hear it man! its only going to get better! :) Curious to hear your take on Archaic Custom Inventory when you've had a chance to play with a bit more.
    @Magevil - have every file from your zip file in my override folder :<
    @nemeyeth - did you delete everything from your override folder? Do that first then re copy the contents of BETA 5 into the override folder.
    I personally love the new buttons on the main menu/options screen.
    Magevil said:

I personally love the new buttons on the main menu/options screen.

yep fits perfectly =)

Trying to find bugs but nothing to report beamdog could use some advices from you :)

edited December 2012
    @neoesprit - thanks. I will release an fix for any issues that arise tomorrow if not sooner. Probably BETA 5.1 or something.
    I'm trying to figure out how to add a quick load button to the main menu area so you don't have to go through 3 screens and click 4 or 5 buttons just to load your game. Well see if its possible...
    @Magevil - my folder was empty because I was waiting for your new release. The strange thing is I had to create my override folder in my Baldur's Gate folder. When I tried to place override in that 0766 [ i do not remember the exact number of the folder ] it did not work. Your previous GUIs were working correctly but right now something is broken I think.
    edited December 2012
    @nemeyeth - If your override folder is changing location then that is the issue not the mod. Override folder should be in C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\ folder. Why did it work before but doesn't work now?

Are you placing the .bam, .chu, .mos files in the override folder and not the Archaic BETA 5 folder in the override folder?

Do you have an BGEE shortcut icon on your desktop? Right click it and go to 'open file location' does that take you to your 00766 folder? If so create your override folder and place all files there.
    nemeyeth said:

@Magevil - my folder was empty because I was waiting for your new release. The strange thing is I had to create my override folder in my Baldur's Gate folder. When I tried to place override in that 0766 [ i do not remember the exact number of the folder ] it did not work. Your previous GUIs were working correctly but right now something is broken I think.

What's the installation path of your BG game ? (your override folder should be where your Baldur.exe is - not BG:EE.exe)

Works flawlessly for me so its something wrong on your side I think =/

• KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Love the Archiac Custom Baldur's Gate inventory, it fits the bronze icons like a glove! Same with the new menu buttons. On the contrary, the uglyness of Overhaul's menu buttons made my eyes bleed!

But is a Quick Load button really neccessary? After all you only need to hit 'L' key for that. I guess it can't hurt to have anotehr shortcut for that, though.

On a side note, my character was hit by lightning while typing this post... ( ゚ Д゚)
    edited December 2012
    @Kamigoroshi - The quick load button would be for the Main Menu screen - the first screen you encounter when loading up BGEE not for when you're in game already. Thank for all the positive feedback. Glad you're enjoying it. lol - gotta love that lightning!
    I know that something is wrong on my side and the mod works perfectly. I downloaded the zip file, extracted it and the placed the files ( bam chu mos ) into override folder. And yes, my override and baldursgate.exe file are in the same folder.

Path: "F:\[ 007 - games - 007 ]\Baldur.exe" [ shortcut file path ]

I downloaded version 4.0 once more time and it works perfectly. It has to be something with the game because some people have to have their ovverride in one of data folders and some of them must create override in the main game folder. The same issue may be experienced with shadowkeeper and its files i think.
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited December 2012
    I'm still in work, so i can judge your work only from screenshots. It looks great - especially new start screen. The only thing that doesn't look right are fonts in words "Inventory" "Record"etc - they seems to look differently:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img89/2461/recordscreenclisy.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img593/313/loadsavescreen.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img203/6287/journalscreen.jpg
    http://imageshack.us/a/img593/980/archaiccustominventoryw.jpg

Can you unifite them? "Record" looks the best IMO.
    Post edited by Etamin on
    @Etamin same font just one is caps and one is not...yeah ill fix it. thanks.
  • CyphCyph Member Posts: 22
    @magevil Awesome work once again. Also, as per my earlier post, my override worked from the root of the install directory, not within data/00766
    @Cyph - Very nice. Happy to hear you're enjoying BETA 5.
    Cyph said:

@magevil Awesome work once again. Also, as per my earlier post, my override worked from the root of the install directory, not within data/00766

@nemeyeth
  • KazugaKazuga Member Posts: 38
    thx u @Magevil , im looking forward to Beta 6.0, because silver-blue buttons :P.

Amazing Work !
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    You did a great job, but I prefer the 4.0.

maybe a 4.5 could be made, a mix between some options of the 4.0 and the 5.0. For exemple adding the "bhaal's book" in the journal screen like you did for that last release, and add the Friendly Arm Inn screenshot in the background of the main menu, and restore original color for the skull.
    played a few hours without problems. You did a hell of job and I can't wait to see what await us for next release ! Your UI make BG:EE like a true enhanced edition... don't forget to enjoy the game =p
This discussion has been closed.