Skip to content

[GUI Mod] Archaic GUI for BG:EE

Comments

• EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    edited June 2013
    I don't like this one, but can't tell why. I had similar feelings while looking at load/save screen.
    http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5340/archaicloadscreenbeta6pv.jpg
    It's propably the borders and especially pattern in the corners. Looks too... opulent? Like too many details in too small surface. But it's only my personal opinion.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I like it, and like the general art direction used in this mod. The vanilla screens look so empty and plain now. Your screens look rich, flowing and almost alive. I can understand that too much detail can distract some players, though.
  • ArchaicArchaic Member Posts: 924
    Really nothing new to report. I'm just waiting on a few things with a beta update in order to proceed with the design process.
  • Really nice, the only screen I don't like is the inventory screen, the detail in the top doesn't fit with the rest of the art.
  • Ok, I have this running. Two quick questions: How can I play it in 1920x1080, I cant get it to work in that resolution. Also, how can I make the characters bar appear. Great job btw.
  • SchopenhauerSchopenhauer Member Posts: 36
    Any news? Checking this thread every day :-)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

Any news? Checking this thread every day :-)

I thought you may need to wait next patch coming first, then we just can expect 7.0 version

• The wiz and cler spells screens need work in the contrast or something... I can't figure how to make it work properly in 1920x1080...
    edited June 2013
    I've got some other projects going on right now and haven't had time to work on the mod. However, these other projects should be wrapping up in the next few weeks. I need to wait for the next patch to come out before I can do anything else. Also much of the news that I'd like to share is not something I am able to do a this time. I'm under a non-disclosure agreement because I'm a beta tester. A lot of the new features and screenshots include these new features and thus I cannot share them until the next patch becomes public. If I have anything I can share I will let you know. Thanks.
    edited June 2013
    @siril_dana - The read me file plus detailed private messages that I've sent you are the best help I can provide you. I would start over from the beginning with an empty override folder and follow the directions slowly. It works for hundreds of other just fine so you might be doing something wrong along the way. Are you sure that you are using the correct steam override folder location? Have you got any other mods to work successfully?
  • EtaminEtamin Member Posts: 830
    Since Beamdog apparently has some problem with contract and suspended selling and upgrading BG:EE is it possible to release your GUI with all screens covered, since from what i see you have them done, but was just waiting for new patch to release them.
    edited June 2013
    Doesn't look like were going to see a new patch for BGEE anytime soon. Contract issues have caused the patch to be halted by Beamdog until further notice. BETA 7 was designed with the new patch in mind and it would be a lot of work to go undo all of this in order to get it working for the current release. As of right now we simply need to wait and see what happens with Beamdog and BGEE.
    Post edited by Archaic on
  • Boo987Boo987 Member Posts: 4
    Hey Archaic your mod is awsome and im saying that as an old BG player ! great work !

I have only two problems with this mod and would be glad for help :
    1) The text of in-game stuff like pop-up name-description (visible via hovering over NPC and waiting abit, or TAB-ing on him) is still too small. it is not fixable i take it ?
    2) 80% of the time I can't save the game with this mod, it simply crash when i go into the save screen (sometimes happen with quick save too) and I think it might have to do with the change of the save screen you made - is it possible to delete only that part ?

thanks and Helm's bless

Boo
    @Boo987 - Thank you. I haven't checked into the tooltip text yet. I'm not sure why you are crashing on the save screens. No one else is having this issue. You can try removing guisave.chu, guisave.mos, guiload.chu, & guiload.mos from your override folder.
    edited June 2013
    Archaic said:

@Boo987 - Thank you. I haven't checked into the tooltip text yet. I'm not sure why you are crashing on the save screens. No one else is having this issue. You can try removing guisave.chu, guisave.mos, guiload.chu, & guiload.mos from your override folder.

Thanks, I think the problem might be clear now - I dont have the ".mos" files named guisave/guiload (I have the mentioned .chu files)

For some reason they didn't un-packed from the installer or something ? I guess the dice are against me :)

EDIT:
    can you tell me what are the files you use for making the text bigger ? maybe I can at least have that one kept on my override folder, so at least my eyes wont poke out at the screen :D

Thanks
    @Boo987 - You must re-install with smaller font.
  • SizzSizz Member Posts: 15
    edited June 2013
    Hey Archaic, i have the same issue as Boo987, the game crashes when saving. I also do not have the guisave.mos and guiload.mos files mentioned in my override folder... I have downloaded Ezinstaller from all the locations and also downloaded and tried manual install! That did not work either..!
    I also tried unzipping with win rar instead of 7zip! Nope same problem! Game saves fine without the GUI.
    FYI i running windows 8 x64! (Also tried compatibility mode...nope.) :3 Pls halp!
    @Sizz - Try removing guisave.chu and guiload.chu from override folder. These are the only files that impact the save/load screen.
    Unfortunately still no luck :)
    Would be nice though if you can direct me (us ?) to the files that make the font bigger, so I can save those since I can't play with the full mod
    Thanks

Boo987 said:

Unfortunately still no luck :)
    Would be nice though if you can direct me (us ?) to the files that make the font bigger, so I can save those since I can't play with the full mod
    Thanks

Bwooooop!
    Yep, the image in the link is exactly the effect im looking for.

Now only need to find out which of the files I can keep in order to only have this effect without having all the other modifications,
    is it "bpstrt",
    is it "stonweap",
    is it "playbut",
    is it "ARCFONT" (its not, i checked this one),
    that's why i desperately need @Archaic help in this one because he created this mod and might tell me "the files u want to save are SOMETHING and SOMETHING_ELSE" etc :)

Cheers !
  • SizzSizz Member Posts: 15
    @Archaic - Tried that too, with no avail. Though the only difference is that the saving screen's layout is broken :3

• BaptorBaptor Member Posts: 341
    edited July 2013
    First, love this mod!

Second, I seem to have a problem here. When I am in the regular screen, I can't use the mouse to select characters by clicking on their portraits. I have to either click on their avatars or go to the inventory screen. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Nevermind, read the readme and added the appropriate line to my .ini file. Sorry for being a newb.
    Post edited by Baptor on
  • DmxDexDmxDex Member Posts: 21
    I have tried increasing my resolution to 1920x1080 in the ini file. However the width and height are not present.

I tried creating them in the ini file, but when i load bg ee their is no difference to my resolution.
    @DmxDex - resolution in the .ini file only affects window mode resolution if I'm not mistaken.
    While BGEE is kind of on hold for now, are you still making progress with the beta patch Archaic? Cheers!
    @Schopenhauer - No, I won't be putting in anymore work until the situation is resolved and the real patch is released. Even then, I will have to see where I'm at in my life and see if I have the time and ambition to move forward with Archaic GUI.
    Thats very understandable. Lets hope the situation is getting sorted out in the near future and maybe there is a chance of a renewed spirit within the BGEE Community. After all the amazing work you have put into this.

Cheers!
  • AK47AK47 Member Posts: 28
    Agree. You did an amazing work on the GUI.
    BGEE is back online!! Cant wait for the new patch and the implications for Archaics GUI!!
This discussion has been closed.