Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

Comments

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @Ancalagon44 Those offsets appear to be exactly the same as the IWD:EE ones in my script/ini linked above, did you post the correct ones?
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    edited November 2015
    If I I remember correctly, the difference is actually in the offsets for the ability scores.

EDIT: Okay I've had another look. I hope I'm using the latest version of your script.

Your script sets the offsets as follows:
    STRoffset := 0x610
    STRperoffset := 0x611
    DEXoffset := 0x614
    CONoffset := 0x615
    INToffset := 0x612
    WISoffset := 0x613
    CHAoffset := 0x616

For all games, IWD:EE included.

The OP's script and my script contains the above for BG:EE and BG2:EE, but overrides it for IWD:EE with the following:

STRoffset := 0x614
    STRperoffset := 0x615
    DEXoffset := 0x618
    CONoffset := 0x619
    INToffset := 0x616
    WISoffset := 0x617
    CHAoffset := 0x61A

In one script that I saw, the script started with the base ability score offset (0x610) and added one iteratively to reach the other offsets (ie wisdom, charisma). The problem with this is that the order of the offsets is different for IWD:EE as compared to BG:EE.
    Post edited by Ancalagon44 on
    Yeah they look to be the same as well. In my script, I have changed the offsets so they add to the IWDEE_STROFFSET value, but if you compare they look the same as your hardcoded offsets.

Eg, you have:
    STRoffset = 0x614
    ReadMemory( ... STRoffset )

while my script has:
    STRoffset = 0x0
    curSTROFFSET = IWDEE_STROFFSET = 0x614
    ReadMemory( ... curSTROFFSET + STRoffset )

If you add the individual offsets in my script to the IWDEE_STROFFSET value you get the same offsets as your script.

So.. beats me why my script doesn't work for you, because for all intents and purposes they are the same =D

Anyway, you have a script that works for you, and that's all that matters in the end.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    I see what you mean. I don't know to be honest. Mine works for me, nothing else seems to. The OP's earliest script worked but wasn't reliable.
  • Jimmy88Jimmy88 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, i have great problem with autoroller, try every offset and program version from this topic. Nothing work after few hours trying. So I did so:

Instal Cheat Engine and

1. Find the memory address for the STR attribute (value type: byte) is very easy i use this first time
    2. Make a pointer scan for that address (max level 1 is enough)
    3. Program find me one addres "Baldur.exe"+0x006296E4 and value offset 0 was 5E4 (not 610)
    So i change to BGEE_OFFSET = 0x006296E4
    BGEE_STROFFSET = 0x5E4
    And it finally work!
  • verrueckterverrueckter Member Posts: 4
    For some reason Chrome is blocking the Auto roller as malware, anybody else having this issue?
    edited November 2015
    @verrueckter at which link? Is Chrome stopping you from getting to the download page, or is it blocking the download after it completes?

I haven't had any problems with my link here, I use Chrome as well. Some virus software mistakenly detects the autohotkey code as malware (because it reads process memory and some malware probably uses Autohotkey etc). But if you're uncertain, I wouldn't download it.

If it's my link, I could split the exe out of the zip and make an ahk script only download (which you would then run/compile yourself by installing Autohotkey).
    edited November 2015
    Chrome is blocking the download after it completes, you don't need to go to that much effort. It just kinda threw me off because I've never had that warning pop up when installing mods. I have the option of bypassing the block manually but I wanted to ask why this might be happening before I did so.

EDIT: Forgot to answer your initial question, yes it blocks your link as well as the link in Ancalagon44's post on the previous page.
    Post edited by verrueckter on
    Can you post a screenshot of what Chrome is saying please? Is it warning about malware of a specific sort, or is it just saying "there's an exe in the zip and exe's can be dangerous" kinda thing? (Getting concerned here because nothing I have shows up any malware on my PC.. so if there's really a problem I've got some cleanup work to do!).
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Chrome will just sometimes get a hair up its butt about .zips from a certain website. There was one a few months ago where it complained about every single zip I downloaded from mega (I think), but zips from elsewhere or rars from mega didn't get a peep out of it. I've learned to ignore chrome warnings because in my experience, they're not actually based on any analysis of the file.
    Here's screenshots of what Chrome gives me when it blocks the download, and what it says if I try to bypass the block: http://imgur.com/a/SA0TX

I am aware that it is highly likely that Chrome is freaking out over nothing, but I figured I had better be safe than sorry.
    @verrueckter Oh, that doesn't look like my file anyway unless you renamed it? My zip should be named BGEEautoroller v4 (AHK).zip (I just checked by clicking my link).
    edited November 2015
    Quoting from OP:

"Current version of the program is working with BGEE (v1.3.x), BG2EE (v1.2.x) & IWDEE (v1.3.x).

DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2v17h4j1pp3k3bk/EE_Autoroller.zip" <----I was downloading this file.

Strangely enough I just tried it from another connection and it downloaded w/o a warning...I have no idea.

EDIT: Downloaded and scanned zip, no issues. Sorry for the false alarm, I just didn't want to run it with out checking here first.
    @verrueckter Ah, no worries. Keep in mind that version has out of date offsets and may not work with current versions of the game regardless of what you put into the autoroller ini file. (Hence the reason I made my version). @Freche hasn't been active in this thread for a while now.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    Autoroller stop working for me. Cursor hits only reroll, didn't save anything. Someone got that issues?
    @Sikorsky there haven't been any changes to BG/2/IWD in aaaages now.. so I'd be looking at things that interact with exectuables: check for viruses, malware and check if your anti-virus/anti-malware is causing the issue.
  • JumbikJumbik Member Posts: 19
    I have the same problem. The curshor hits only reroll and does not save the higher rolls.

Windows 10 64bit, running as admin does not help, turning the antivirus off neither.
    @Jumbik which version of the autoroller are you using? Which game(s) and which version of the game(s), and which platform (Steam or Beamdog etc?)

BG:EE ver 1.3.2053 Steam Baldur.exe size = 6,907,904 bytes
    BG2:EE ver 1.3.2064 Steam Baldur.exe size = 7,134,208 bytes
    IWD:EE ver 1.4.0 Steam Baldur.exe size = 7,294,976 bytes

If you test those exe's through virustotal.com, they should all come back with 0 detections. If the file sizes and test results match, that rules out modifications to the exe as one source of problems.

edited February 2016
    Faydark said:

@Jumbik which version of the autoroller are you using? Which game(s) and which version of the game(s), and which platform (Steam or Beamdog etc?)

BG:EE ver 1.3.2053 Steam Baldur.exe size = 6,907,904 bytes
    BG2:EE ver 1.3.2064 Steam Baldur.exe size = 7,134,208 bytes
    IWD:EE ver 1.4.0 Steam Baldur.exe size = 7,294,976 bytes

If you test those exe's through virustotal.com, they should all come back with 0 detections. If the file sizes and test results match, that rules out modifications to the exe as one source of problems.

The game versions are correct, the size of files too. No virus infections. They are Steam versions installed on non system disk.

The tool version I use is 1.0.48.5

Maybe this is Windows 10 issue? Can anyone with Win10 confirm if the tool is working for them?

It's not a big deal for me, I will roll the characters myself, it's just that I have noticed this problem and wanted to share. :)
  • SaulerSauler Member Posts: 100
    I have same problem. But before i have installed mods, works fine. I don't know what not works. I have deleted override folder but don't change, all rerolls are 0.
    @Jumbik I can confirm that my version of the autoroller is working on windows 10. Some people have reported that my version doesn't work for them, but then other people reported that my version does work, but @Freche 's version doesn't etc.. so if you haven't tried my version, maybe give that a whirl?

The version number in the autoroller exe is for Autohotkey, not the autoroller itself.

Could you attach your BGEEautoroller.ini file for reference?

@Sauler mods shouldn't affect the autoroller, unless they modify the game exe directly (I don't think any do, but you never know).

Also, are either of you running things that plug into the exe via dlls or anything like that? I know the Steam overlay doesn't seem to affect the autoroller, but it's something else to check into.
  • FelspawnFelspawn Member Posts: 161
    this is all i get in my rolldata file

0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0

it cant seem to register any numbers
    edited February 2016
    @Faydark I don't know. Seems who my mods i have installed have compromised real OFFSET of game (maybe) or i don't know. Before i intalled mods, autoroller worked, so i suppose the problem is a particular mod..
    I have installed these:

Akuro's original casting sounds (all override)
    Atweaks
    BG1EE_GUI
    BG1 unfinished business
    BG2 tweaksv16
    Drizzt saga
    nolevelup
    PaintBGEE
    SirinesCall
    Thalantyr-WIN
    XanBG1Friend

Anyway i have beamdog, not steam version.

I have this autoroller settings

BGEE_OFFSET = 0x0068719C
    BG2EE_OFFSET = 0x0064832C
    IWDEE_OFFSET = 0x00695E44
    DELAY =1
    SaveRolls =0
    minSTRper =0
    STRperMOD1 =0
    STRperMOD2 =0
    STRperMOD3 =0
    STRperMOD4 =0
    STRperMOD5 =0

Strange thing is autoroller when is started, save 69 or 0 and continue to roll not saving highest values. I don't know why lol.
    @Sauler you're using an old version of the autoroller I suspect. Your **EE_OFFSET values are very different to mine. Try downloading my version (linked earlier in the thread) and make sure to overwrite your BGEEautoroller.ini.

@Felspawn can you try the same thing?

I don't think there's any offset differences between the steam and beamdog versions, various people have gone over that in the thread before, but it's always a possibility.
    OK, I have found the source of the problem. I was using the version from the original post of this thread but not the last from Faydark.

Maybe a mod should be asked to edit the original post with last version?

Thank you Faydark, It's working for me now.
    @Faydark I have discovered, unistalling and re-installing bg1:EE and all mods i have linked early one to one, that Drizzt saga mod have modified something value in my bg.exe, so as to make it unusable Autoroller. I have uninstalled drizzt saga mod and now autoroller works.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I have been quite absent from the forums the past year waiting for SoD. But since I have plans on playing SoD and now with a release date with is quite close I might look into this again. My guess is that SoD will use the same as BGEE but we will see.
  • DangerZoneDangerZone Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2016
    FYI I got the following OFFSETs for BG:EE v2.0 Beta (as of 3/11/2016). They seem to work perfectly.

(This is based on Faydark's version, btw)

BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00522DAC
    BGEE_STROFFSET = 0x644

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I'm testing something new this time and should hopefully have a test sometime next week.
    If it works out as I hope it will manual updates of the offset shouldn't longer be needed between game updates. Also this would allow anyone to use it when creating a full IWD or TBP party (no pre-gen would be needed)

But no guarantees, it looks promising right now but we will see how it turns out ;)
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    for the beamdog version as far as BG2EE goes these offsets work for me:

BG2EE_OFFSET = 0x0069B5FC
    BG2EE_STROFFSET = 0x63C