Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

Comments

• FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I think I got something working here, if I could get some help testing it.
    I have only tested it myself on current versions of BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE. No beta clients.

With this version there are two small wait times, on my computer the first one took about 5sec and the second one between 0-5sec.

It should work with all character creation, BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE, TBP, TBP2 (single player, multiplayer, pre-gen)

https://www.mediafire.com/?qs59arbg9qa55gi
    Stormvessel
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2016
    I got mine working last night. I was able to get it to work using the latest v4 (AHK). I believe there is a link to it a page or two back. The way to do it is run it from the hotkey script rather than the application. That worked for me.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Ok I try it on BGEE, BGEE beta, BG2EE & BG2EE beta and each time the hand mouse run to the left side of the screen therefore can't click on the roll button.
    edited March 2016
    "Left side of the screen" you mean it moves the mouse outside of the game window?

Are you using beamdog or steam version?
    Post edited by Freche on
    I use Beamdog version, and yeah it move out of the area of the game not out the window totally but just to the border of the screen game.
  • StormvesselStormvessel Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2016
    Freche wrote: »
    I have only tested it myself on current versions of BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE. No beta clients.

With this version there are two small wait times, on my computer the first one took about 5sec and the second one between 0-5sec.

It should work with all character creation, BGEE, BG2EE, IWDEE, TBP, TBP2 (single player, multiplayer, pre-gen)

Freche, you're AWESOME!

This works for me. Tip anyone who tries to use it - be sure and disregard the false positive. I assume it triggers this because it works the same way a virus works (presumably because it's not using AHK like the other version?). It also takes a second to search for your character but just be patient and it will work, and work great.

Thank you Freche!
    I will make the ahk version available too. Just working on some stuff.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016
    Freche wrote: »

Just tested this with BG1 2.0 Beta from Steam, got me a 95/82 in a matter of 5 minutes. Worked fine.

Letting it run for another 30 seconds gave me a 100/48 :o That said, would it perhaps be smarter to first store the Store button, and then the Recall button? That would cause the Recall button to never be gray at the moment you'd have to click it. (I know it doesn't matter, but it would prevent you from having to place that warning.)
  • The nice thing about storing the Recall button first is that you never have to worry about accidentally erasing a good roll by hitting Store.
    FaydarkFreche
    Yes that's exactly the reason why the recall is first.
    Ahh, that makes sense. I guess it could technically go the other way around too, if you have a good roll open, but assuming that people stored that first is probably safer than people that already stored a good roll have that roll currently open.

Regardless, it works like a charm on the 2.0 beta for BG1. Do you think it needs testing for BG2?
    It still won't work correctly for me
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Faydark
    @Freche: I seem to have issues with the Minimum STR% to store. Having it set to 51, it just replaced a 87/91 roll with an 88/11 roll. I'll guess I can circumvent this by actually applying values to the individual scores (I only did this for 100, since 51-99 all have +2 to hit), but it may be worth checking into.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited March 2016
    Dee wrote: »

The new UI is even more flexible than I thought....
    @Dee that seems really neat, might be something too look into.

@Thels Ohh good catch, fixed it. Thanks.

@kaguana Truth be told, I have no idea why the mouse moves to a wierd position for you. It seems to be working for others, it doesn't break for me. You could try this version here, I have made some overall changes and this one should work a bit better then prev version.

EE Autoroller v3.1 (EXE): https://www.mediafire.com/?j4m3ee12e3ujsb1
    EE Autoroller v3.1 (AHK): https://www.mediafire.com/?98su2v263rgflio
    I test the v3.1 version and it work like a charm thank you :)
    The 3.1 version seems a lot more stable.

In the 3.0 version I occasionally had to close and restart. In 3.1 I can go ahead and roll several characters one after another without issue.

However, it does sometimes save the incorrect value. Now this could be because I set the speed too high, and it already skipped past the new value.

Perhaps, when it clicks reroll, have it check to see if the rerolled scores are actually there and registered, before pressing reroll again.

If that's not a solution, then perhaps, when it registers a higher roll, have it wait a full second, and check again. If the higher roll is still there, store it. If the higher roll is not there, reduce the speed by 1, and continue without overwriting what was in store (perhaps click Recall to make sure what was there).
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited March 2016
    Couldn't get v3 to work on BG:EE beta v2! Rolling fine but not scanning/storing values. v3.1 doesn't even get past character check n°2!
    So, I used @newydave custom file and modified values. My offsets were all different! For BG:EE:
    OFF1 = 0x00524DAC
    OFF2 = 0x644
    (STR OFF = 0x0B8C28D4)
    @Abel I might have improved the second check now, I noticed that sometimes it started the check a bit too fast.
    @Thels Thanks again, I have slowed down everything a little bit and also moved a delay, I think the issue was similar to the character check, in that sometimes the script checked the "new" roll too fast (before the game generated it) if you notice that it stores the wrong score try to lower the speed with DOWN.

I'll upload v3.2 with these changes tomorrow when I'm home after work.
    Abelkaguana
    @Freche: I've pressed down once each time it came up. I think it's fine now, though not 100% sure. Sometimes it worked fine a dozen times in a row, and then botched again.
    In 3.1 down slows the rolling but it doesn't help with your problem, hopefully I have solved that with 3.2
    The rolling is however not on steroids anymore.
    Abelkaguana
    edited March 2016
    Sorry for the delay. Here is v3.2 hopefully it will work better for you.
    It rolls a bit slower then the previous, hopefully with less errors.
    (You could set SCAN_DELAY in the ini-file to 0 to make it roll much faster, but then there might be rolls that are skipped due to speed)

EE Autoroller v3.2 (AHK): https://www.mediafire.com/?qbzp2586lulk0ki
    EE Autoroller v3.2 (EXE): https://www.mediafire.com/?cmhfsjvg84r4gtv
    AbelkaguanaTRoar
  • KajsaSKajsaS Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2016
    I hate to say but I'm struggling to get this working at all, it just rolls once and stops.

I'm sure the program is working fine, it's most likely an error on my side.

What offset values do I use and where do I put them in the ini file? I'm just looking for a decent roll (Around 93+)

Could someone explain please?

Right now I haven't edited the ini or anything, so the basic steps would help a lot.

Apologies for being stupid with this, but for some reason I just can't seem to get it working whatever I do.

Edit: Nevermind, managed to puzzle it out and got it working.. literally a few minutes after posting this.. typical. -_-
    @KajsaS: You're probably using an old version if you need to enter offsets and what not. Use the 3.2 version that Freche listed in the post above you.

@Freche: Any chance you can update the initial post with your new version?
    kaguana
    Yes, I'll update it in the morning.
  • armoredgorillaarmoredgorilla Member Posts: 3
    I'm using v3.2 on BG1EE and it doesn't seem to be working for the F/M/T class and after checking further, also for the F/M/C class. It gives the "no character found" error. Seems to only be affecting the triple multi-class options.
    Can confirm that it works fine on an Elven Fighter/Mage, but bugs out on an Elven Fighter/Mage/Thief during step 2/2, almost directly after pressing the Reroll button.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    So I couldn't help but notice

The last couple pages in the patch notes are devoted to making an autoroller.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/uploads/editor/qi/0e5wl55bvdcp.pdf

edited April 2016
    Updated the first post with newest version, triple class should now also be working.

@armoredgorilla Thanks for pointing it out, fixed it with v3.3 (see first post).

@smeagolheart I know, I looked a bit into it and making a ingame version would be the best way to go about it.
    However making major changes in the UI is not as userfriendly as it might seem in the patch notes. Sure there is a lot of power in there, there are tons of things we can now do.

I have looked a bit into it, I have already made a post in the UI thread with my version of that autoroller (a very simple version). I might look into this in the future, once this new UI modding is a bit more established and Beamdog has done some patching for their new UI.
    smeagolheart