Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

Comments

• jraxjrax Member Posts: 5
    does anyone know the current offset value for bg2 ee (steam download). ?
  • jraxjrax Member Posts: 5
    also looking for the iwd ee offset value for steam download as well. Really appreciate an update!! thx

ps. tried figuring out how to find them but failed :(
  • hi, i'm having a little problem with this. i do everything as you say and it rolls automatically but it does not store values. bgee 1.3.2053 running on win8.1 x64 in case it matters
  • kapt said:

@newydave Thanks! I followed your guide and it works with the Steam version of BGEE(v1.3.2053).

Here's the offsets I got:
    BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00670E5C
    BGEE_OFFSET2 = 0x610

holy mother of the sword coast! it lives!!
  • DurandalisDurandalis Member Posts: 46
    edited March 2015
    I have no idea how to get this thing working. Had it working for a while, and then it stopped.
    Post edited by Durandalis on
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    yea it works fine on iwdee, but on bg2ee, it never stores the rolls, and ive tried all the different OFFSETS, people have posted :(
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    does it still work in IWDEE now that there was a new patch?
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376

does it still work in IWDEE now that there was a new patch?

I have just tried, but I can't get it to work =/
    anyone able to post the new offsets or develop the program so that it is smarter?
    So I found out new offset for IWDEE to be 0x04BF45DC, but it still doesn't seem to work. If it makes any difference I have Steam version and I used Pre-generate.
    any working offsets then?
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    edited November 2015
    Just spent a few hours fixing this up for all three games. All the offsets have changed, and additionally the STRoffset appears to have also changed. I've only tested these with the "pregenerate character" and in the single player - new game - create character screens, and only on the Steam version (latest patches on all games).

BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00670E5C
    BGEE_STROFFSET = 0x610
    BG2EE_OFFSET = 0x0069AEF4
    BG2EE_STROFFSET = 0x63C
    IWDEE_OFFSET = 0x00696E44
    IWDEE_STROFFSET = 0x614

I don't want to usurp Freche's efforts, but I figured not everyone will be capable of editing the ahk and compiling it and I haven't seen a post from Freche in a while, so here's a 7zip with the latest ahk script, updated ini offsets and exe. As Freche stated in his original post, I take no responsibility if this breaks your PC etc.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GnL76KGBV-elluanoxUThPckU

Let me know if it works or not, I'll try to fix it etc.

@smeagolheart It's not really possible to make the program "smarter", as it requires poking around the games memory while it's running using another tool to get the offsets, and a bit of intuition and fiddling around to find the right one etc.
    Post edited by Faydark on
    @Faydark thank you very much! You are my personal saviour! ^_^ (and you get bonus points for using GDrive =P)
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Faydark It work fine thank you.
    Although the BGEE offset you post 0x00670E5C didn't work for me at last in windows, so I used the old one which is BGEE_OFFSET = 0x0068719C and it work well.

The other works great so thank you again :)
  • Glorious_LeaderGlorious_Leader Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Different Offsets are making the tool either roll once, store the result, then stop, or just keep rolling without ever storing. I think I need a new offset. Could someone find one? I'm using it with BG:EE, by the way.
    Version 1.3.2053
    Assuming you're on Steam, the offset I posted above for BG:EE is still current (I'm also on 1.3.2053). Or you could try the one Kaguana posted. It seems there's still some variation somewhere.
  • Glorious_LeaderGlorious_Leader Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Ah. Then it's simply not working. I've tried every Offset value on here, but it either will just keep rolling without storing, or it will roll once, attempt to recall, and then I get the dialogue box as if I told it to stop rolling.

And yes, it's on Steam.
    edited May 2015
    Hmm, generally if the offset is wrong, it won't even roll. It'll pop up a dialog telling you that the offset is wrong.

Are you using it on the Pre-generate Character option? That's the only place I test mine, I don't usually roll characters on the normal game startup.

Edit: Are you sure you're clicking the buttons in the BG window correctly to set up the autoroller? You probably are, but it's the only other thing I could think of that matches what you're describing.
  • Yulaw9460Yulaw9460 Member Posts: 634
    edited November 2018
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Yulaw9460 on
  • LoxReclusaLoxReclusa Member Posts: 1
    I went through the process of receiving my own offset values, and while 0x00670E5C and 0x610 did not work for me the first time, after doing it for myself, it did. I don't know if it had anything to do with the fact the second time I typed the values in personally, rather than copy/pasting them, but that is something you could try. This is the steam version of the game for clarification.

BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00670E5C
    BGEE_STROFFSET = 0x610
  • VellinVellin Member Posts: 6
    Yeah it worked for me with the above values. For whatever reason, I had to restart/retype/resave the files a couple times, but eventually I was able to get that godly 100 with an 18/81 that is fit for a fighter/mage bhaalspawn on the path to Ascension. After all, Sarevok rolled a 95, and he's just a single class fighter.
  • Wutan1988Wutan1988 Member Posts: 131
    hey guys i didnt know that something like an auto roller exists for the Enhanced Editions. I am not experienced with the mechanics but i will read the guide on the first page tomorrow. It seems that there are different values for the Steamversion and the Beamdogversion. Could someone tell me the right offsets for BGEE and BG2EE? I have the newest patches installed and i am using the Beamdogversion.
    The same values should work for both platforms, as long as the game versions are identical. As far as I can tell, no modifications are made to the executables layout etc.

So, try the latest values in the thread and see how you go.

I don't have the beamdog version, so I can't help with finding the values for it, if they turn out to be different.
  • Tassl3hoffTassl3hoff Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know the offset for Icewind Dale EE 1.4 update, only way I can fasttrack user creation is to to use cheat engine to fudge my total roll to 91 (highest manual roll for me) by modding the remaining points available and allocating from there. Using the guide to find the offset for strength just doesn't work as the offset location seems to change everytime the stat number is changed.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    edited October 2015
    Why does it sometimes terminate early? I'm using it in IWD:EE (working offsets are posted recently in this thread BTW) and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. It seems to have something to do with exceptional strength.

Sometimes it terminates after one roll, or no rolls. Other times it works perfectly. It seems to have something to do with the exceptional strength settings.

@Faydark

I think I see an error in your AHK script at lines 266 to 272. If I understand correctly, each of those if statements should be using a different STRperMODX variable. I see STRperMOD2 repeated on those lines instead of STRperMOD3, STRperMOD4 and STRperMOD5.

If I change the AHK, how would I recompile?
    edited November 2015
    @Ancalagon44 It's (mostly) not my script ;). But yeah, I did go and look at it and I think you're right.

But it won't stop the roller from proceeding, only from storing lower rolls that have higher exceptional strength percentages until one of the rolls reaches a higher range without the modifier applying, where the script will then set the highSTRperMOD correctly (lines 377 onwards).

To recompile after your change, you just download AutoHotKey and install it, then right click on the script and "Compile Script".

Here's a corrected script (I also fixed the STR offset code, I must have uploaded wrong script last time) and exe:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6GnL76KGBV-elluanoxUThPckU

Working for me in single player Pre-generate character on BG:EE 1.3.2053, BG2:EE 1.3.2064, IWD:EE 1.4.0 on the Steam versions.
    Post edited by Faydark on
    @Faydark

Your script never works for me at all, at least not for IWD:EE 1.4.

I managed to find a combination of an old script of the OP and the right offsets that seems to work perfectly in IWD:EE. I made a minor modification to remove some of the delays in each iteration. I added an extra delay when a better roll is found. So, it rolls much faster, but has a longer pause when it finds something. Helps you notice what your current highest roll is.

Will post the script when I get a chance.
    Hmm, odd.. assuming we're on the same exe, then I'd expect that the offsets would be the same etc. I wonder if the offset changes due to some setting or environment factor that is different (eg, different languages, or operating systems and so on).

Your highest roll is also shown on the autoroller window if that helps.

There aren't many changes between my script and the original script. All I really did was add the other games that weren't in the original script; buttons to select which game, separate offsets for each game and a new offset for each game to set the STR offset. The part of the script that actually does the rolling and such is unmodified.

Would you mind posting your offsets that work, in case other people need them as well?
    edited November 2015
    Yeah I'm also puzzled. It took me a while to find a combination that works perfectly. Yours doesn't ask me to change one point of strength - it fails to read the stats and then bombs.

I'll post the AHK file, the INI and the EXE later. Other puzzling thing is that my compiled EXE is about 1MB in size, compared to 200KB for the others.

EDIT:

Regarding the highest roll, I run IWD:EE fullscreen, so I can't see the GUI of the autoroller. That's why I inserted the delay, to make it obvious when it found a new highest roll. Also I think it rolls 3 times as fast as it used to, which means you can find a higher roll faster.

Last night I rolled a kensai (to dual into druid) with the following stats:
    Strength 18/00
    Dex 18
    Con 18
    Int 5
    Wisdom 18
    Charisma 17

Very strong, very fast, very tough, very wise, very handsome, but thick as a brick!
    Latest working offsets for me (only posting IWD because I haven't tested anything else):

IWDEE_OFFSET = 0x00696E44
    IWDEE_OFFSET2 = 0x614

STRoffset := 0x614
    STRperoffset := 0x615
    DEXoffset := 0x618
    CONoffset := 0x619
    INToffset := 0x616
    WISoffset := 0x617
    CHAoffset := 0x61A

The above ability score offsets are different to how the BG and BG2 offsets work. But the above values seem to work fine for me.

And here is a link to the working .EXE, .AHK and .INI files:
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/4o81u6