Alright so thanks to your screen I got the issue right , which happened to be that it needs to be in windowed mode for the autoroller to scroll. My most sincere thanks to your dedication !
I also made a BG2 + ToB version that has an extra button to boost your stats by the amount you would get if you had collected all the stat books in BG1. If you want to use the stat boost, click the button right after accepting your stat roll.
All of the archives contain the .ahk source files if someone wants to improve them. I tested all of them on fresh GoG version installs and it's likely that mods could break them. If it doesn't work for you, or you want it to work for a modded game, here is a tutorial for finding offsets that will work for your particular game install:
I keep getting an error message after pressing all three buttons:
ERROR! No character found. terminating script
Anyone knows why this might happen?
I tried older versions but got the same error until v3, which just rerolled without saving anything.
I am running the game in windowed mode and just finished an EET installation.
I tried running the autoroller on 3 different computers. Normal Human Fighter, nothing out there. Just to see what could come of it for laughs. No particular modifications, just save the highest total roll. No special Strength percentile.
After a week, all 3 computers were at 100 and all had a 18/45 Strength score.
Is this program in some way clocked to stop saving rolls at certain points? I refuse to believe that all 3 computers hit the same score at random.
I keep getting an error message after pressing all three buttons:
ERROR! No character found. terminating script
Anyone knows why this might happen?
I tried older versions but got the same error until v3, which just rerolled without saving anything.
I am running the game in windowed mode and just finished an EET installation.
i'm also getting this any time i try to use the autoroller. mine's a clean install though no mods.
It works fine with WINE, provided it runs in the same prefix as the game. An alternative is to install the autoroller in EEUITweeks (works with both the stock UI and LeUI skins).
i'm also getting this any time i try to use the autoroller. mine's a clean install though no mods.
Mine actually fixed itself after a fresh download. No idea what changed, but I downloaded the autoroller again and it suddenly started working.
it has stopped working for me just this last week. Tried downloading and reinstalling again but it's still not working. It gives the Error, no character found message.
For those having "Error! No character found, terminating script." problems:
I did a little diagnostic work and it seems like the new updates to BG/BG2 changed something with the memory. And the way Freche wrote the program, when it got to memory it couldn't access it basically shut the memory scanner down instead of continuing to look. Thus no character found.
I uploaded a fix to Internet Archive for anyone interested. Just install AutoHotkey 1.1 and run like normally.
Comments
Can we get updated links for this?
ERROR! No character found. terminating script
Anyone knows why this might happen?
I tried older versions but got the same error until v3, which just rerolled without saving anything.
I am running the game in windowed mode and just finished an EET installation.
After a week, all 3 computers were at 100 and all had a 18/45 Strength score.
Is this program in some way clocked to stop saving rolls at certain points? I refuse to believe that all 3 computers hit the same score at random.
i'm also getting this any time i try to use the autoroller. mine's a clean install though no mods.
Mine actually fixed itself after a fresh download. No idea what changed, but I downloaded the autoroller again and it suddenly started working.
It works fine with WINE, provided it runs in the same prefix as the game. An alternative is to install the autoroller in EEUITweeks (works with both the stock UI and LeUI skins).
it has stopped working for me just this last week. Tried downloading and reinstalling again but it's still not working. It gives the Error, no character found message.
I did a little diagnostic work and it seems like the new updates to BG/BG2 changed something with the memory. And the way Freche wrote the program, when it got to memory it couldn't access it basically shut the memory scanner down instead of continuing to look. Thus no character found.
I uploaded a fix to Internet Archive for anyone interested. Just install AutoHotkey 1.1 and run like normally.
https://archive.org/details/eeautoroller-fixed