Skip to content

[Utility] EE Autoroller

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    so what do we have to do to get it to work?
  • newydavenewydave Member Posts: 9
    The version I uploaded last page works with BG2EE and IWDEE but not BGEE (I made a quick change to get BG2EE working). The version on the first page works with the latest BGEE though. If I get time tonight I'll get it working with all three games.
    OK It should be working for all three games now although IWDEE is untested as I don't own it. I added a second set of offsets to the ini file so in the future a game update shouldn't brake the autoroller.

So the new offsets are:
    BGEE_OFFSET = 0x0068719C
    BG2EE_OFFSET = 0x0069AEF4
    IWDEE_OFFSET = 0x00695E44
    BGEE_OFFSET2 = 0x610
    BG2EE_OFFSET2 = 0x63C
    IWDEE_OFFSET2 = 0x614

The link (same as before) is

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1726oj75fi7uk0a/EE_Autoroller.zip

Hope that helps everyone
  • kaptkapt Member Posts: 8
    Thanks newydave, that works great for BG2EE(v1.3.2064). But it doesn't work for BGEE(v1.3.2053).

rolldata.txt just looks like:
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    ---------------------------
    ------ Stored roll = 0
    ===========================
    it's not working with IWDEE newlydave.
    is there some way to make it where updates don't break the program everytime? Just in case the original author isn't around to support it?
  • Malachi1971Malachi1971 Member Posts: 4
    My BGEE isn't storing data either.
    @kapt @smegolheart does the latest version from the first page work with BGEE and IWDEE? I just tested BGEE(v1.3.2053) with my version and its storing rolls fine. Maybe a silly question but are you selecting the right game before starting and do you have the second set of offsets in your ini?

My games come from Beamdog directly so perhaps there is a difference there.
    I used your download on this page. I have beamdog iwdee. I didn't add anything to offset. I believe the op download works with IWDEE but this doesn't.
    Second offsets is there and right game selected. Version from the first page doesn't work either.
    I'm running it through Steam though.
    @kapt Thats what I thought, if it wasn't working with the op download it wouldn't with mine either. I'm guessing the steam version has different offsets. If you're interested I'll write a quick tutorial on getting the offsets, its really not hard.

@smegolheart Can you please check if the op download works for you?
    Sure, I'll give it a shot. No rush though, got to sleep now (4:30 in the night here).
    @newlydave OP works with IWD just re-tested. The one you uploaded a couple posts ago did not...

OK, I don't know why that'd be - just a long shot can you try changing

BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00695E44
    BGEE_OFFSET2 = 0x614

and trying IWDEE using Baldur's Gate as the game in the autoroller (mine). I'll have a look and see if I can find a problem on my end although thats a little hard as I don't (yet) have IWDEE
  • BluebeardBluebeard Member Posts: 1
    I have just tried these new latest OFFSETS, BGEE v1.3.2053 (through Steam) still doesn't work :(

Logs are:

0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    Sorry Bluebeard, those are IWDEE offsets, I'm trying to figure out what I broke with that in conjunction with smeagolheart. I'll have a guide on getting new offsets out shortly.
    OK smeagolheart, I'm totally confused - I've bought a copy of IWDEE(v1.3.2058), and using my download have just rolled a 95 /80 fighter in a few minutes. I really don't know what the difference is between my version and OP in regards to IWDEE.

For the rest I've made a guide on obtaining offsets, I'm particularly interested in the results for those with BGEE from steam.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/3sza8f8gbxmlq88/Obtaining_Offsets.pdf

I'm off to sleep and then having a quick play of IWD it looks really good :)
    @newydave Thanks! I followed your guide and it works with the Steam version of BGEE(v1.3.2053).

Here's the offsets I got:
    BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00670E5C
    BGEE_OFFSET2 = 0x610
    edited December 2014
    @kapt Thanks for giving it a go!! The community needs this because modders (and I only started this a few days ago) are only able to test what they have.

So for everyone else with Steam BGEE those are the offsets you'll need. Again thanks kapt!

PS:

also thanks for your specificity in regards to the version number and previously the rolldata.txt, that really helps pinpoint things

PSS:

ok i cheated on sleep and got carried away on IWD :smiley:
    I do what I can to help you help me. :)
  • Malachi1971Malachi1971 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks newydave and kapt. I actually went through the tutorial at the same time, which was very clear. Naturally, I found the same values.
  • tangerinustangerinus Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    Could somebody help me with problem on autoroller for BG2EE patch 1.3 on steam - the program works fine and rolls values but it doesnt store anything at all. Just rolls over and over again without saving. All str values are set on 0 so it should just save highest rolls but it doesnt do that and i have no idea what is causing that.
    The rolldata.txt looks like this (the more rolls done, there is more lines with just 0):
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    0,0,0,0,0,0,0 = 0
    ---------------------------
    ------ Stored roll = 0
    ===========================

nvm i used @newydave edited version and it works for BG2EE.
    is there an updated version with correct BG1EE, BG2EE, and IWDEE working codes for beamdog and steam versions? If not can someone upload it.
  • ImpossibruImpossibru Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    @newydave Here are my offsets.. Just downloaded and updated BGEE today on steam, 1.3.2053. Same offsets/version as kapt.
    BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00670E5C
    BGEE_OFFSET = 0x610
  • RobaggioRobaggio Member Posts: 2
    @newydave Working nice, thank you very much!
  • h4rth4rt Member Posts: 5
    New offset: BGEE_OFFSET = 0x00670E8C
    Offset 2 is still 0x610.

Thank you!
  • davespoondavespoon Member Posts: 9
    Hi! Maybe somebody know the same auto roller for bg 2 original? Because i can't find it((((
  • jraxjrax Member Posts: 5
    what and where is the offset 2 value. I cant get bg ee autoroller via steam to work. tried the offset values 0x00670E5C and 0x00670E8C. Don't know where to check the 2nd values to confirm its 0x610
    autoroller seems to work fine but its not storing rolls...highest roll and str% = 0
    nm working suddenly now. 00670E5C worked