Skip to content

Post your guy!

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Nukenin said:

Just stole the picture from Icewind Dale. Doesn't fit the style of BG, but I like the picture and didn't want to spend hours looking for something. Wanted to play BG:EE asap!

The art of Icewind Dale—especially the character portraits—is IMHO just perfect for the setting and ambiance of the game. That particular portrait does not seem out of place when one views the thumbnail in line with the others.

One little thing I loved about Icewind Dale—someone took the time to go through each portrait and make intelligent defaults for the characters' hair, skin, and primary/secondary clothing colors to match the portraits. No such love on the BG side of things. :D
    Yeah the thumbnail came out well. Cut and cropped several ID(2) pictures myself, though I know others have done it better and several times. The bigger, character record screen, picture doesn't work quite as well imo, it doesn't seem quite as... photoish, I guess, as the default Baldur's Gate ones. But I like it regardless.

And yes, I loved that detail in the IDs as well! Granted I usually pick my own colours separate from the game's recommendations for my main characters, but the skin tone/hair I usually keep and the clothing colour for... less important party members.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Click on the image
  • toanwrathtoanwrath Member Posts: 621
    edited December 2012
    Ok, I am going to post a few here because I have a bunch of playthroughs right now. The Stalker is the one I am the furthest in, the Blade is the least 'power-gamey' if that is important to any of y'all.
    EDIT: Removed one of them, as 4 seemed enough...

This is my Stalker, and I have never had more fun with a Baldur's Gate character. Boots of Speed makes me basically play a solo backstab game, but I go back to my party for heals or boss-fights. He has so far used the Strength, Dexterity and Constitution tomes, and I haven't grabbed the others yet (his base Strength was 18/64). Also, damn two-weapon fighting, it doesn't show my 20 reputation!

My Evil Half-Orc cleric--Only used the Constitution tome and Charisma tome (he doesn't get along with people). I have no idea how my reputation is at 10, I need to go kill some Flaming Fist...

My Blackguard--haven't gotten very far, but it was a very easy start since I used poison weapon to kill Firebeard Elvenhair very quickly. Also yes, I realize his name means cow!

Finally, my recently rolled Blade. Certainly not as 'power-gamey' as the others, but I think I will enjoy him.
    edited December 2012
    stodderb said:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Holy sh** dude, your team has so much heavy-hitting power!
  • DeucetipherDeucetipher Member Posts: 521
    @toanwrath

First dude is from Warlords: Battlecry II, right? I loved that game.
    @Deucetipher
    Spot on! Though I think I actually saw it in Battlecry III...regardless, AWESOME game(s).
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    Chow said:

If anyone is using non-standard portraits, could you share the sources? Because some of those look pretty cool.

Also, I can't get a screenshot of my game. All I ever get is the Enhanced Edition main screen.

You can have Google search images for you. Simply drag an image into the searchbox and it nearly always leads you to the source.

To take screenshots, I use Screenhunter.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm on our forums, checking ur doodz.
    No HP reroll, created imperfections for purpose.

PS. How do you use custom portraits in BG:EE? As stupid as the question is, I found unable to do it at he moment.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Once I'm done with my jester playthrough this will be the character I play for a "good" playthrough (where I will actually use Neera and Rasaad).
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012

... PS. How do you use custom portraits in BG:EE? As stupid as the question is, I found unable to do it at he moment.

Here's the instruction thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/7461/heres-how-to-use-custom-portraits/p1
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited December 2012

edit : NOPE, posting images for me never works on the forums...

On a related subject, screenshots are saved as .bmps, and I find in order to get them to show up on the forums I need to re-save as .png or .jpg.

Post edited by Lemernis on
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    Lirazel is powergamed a bit, but I did roll long enough so that her mental stats weren't below average (I don't like playing dumb characters). The only stat tome I haven't acquired yet is Intelligence. I have had a blast playing the game with a swashbuckler so far, and all that's left for me to do is Ulcaster ruins (my recent save game is next to the dungeon entrance), Durlag's Tower (already cleared a little bit), some side quests in the city of Baldur's Gate and finishing the final quest line. I'm looking forward to playing through as either a fighter-type class, a wild mage or a cleric/mage after I finish with her, but she'll be my first choice for Baldur's Gate 2.

Photobucket
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    elminster said:

Once I'm done with my jester playthrough...

How are you finding the class in BG1? I played it once in BG2, but found it a little disappointing that the best way to use them, was to have them go invisible, sing their song, and not lift their hands the whole game (apart from reaching down someone's purse).
  • KarezKarez Member Posts: 4
    After playing a slow game with Dwarf Fighter/Cleric in a group I needed a challenge.

So I created a monk for a solo run...this is him right before Sarevok. It took me some time but I won the fight! Was a really challenging and joyful experience....now I have to wait for BGII - EE :(

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    test
    ajwz said:

You can also just use the attach a file link at the bottom of the page and just browse to a picture to upload

Not seeing any attach a file link anywhere - did I miss the sarcasm tags or am I looking in the wrong place?

• valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2012
    Might try to learn the ways of a cleric in BG2 :>

Photobucket

edit: the justin bieber char was nice; reminds all the way to the most awesome episode of CSI:Vegas, where he got killed (pwned!) ....
  • FatalFatal Member Posts: 54
    edited December 2012
    Photobucket

Yeap =)
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2012
    So here is my pic.

My Epic Sorcerer, Tanis of Candlekeep.

The Gayest Elf to walk the realms. Woot. lol.

EDIT:
    @toanwrath

Gilroy looks a bit like The Rock. lol.

EDIT2:

Click on the image

Doesn't work for me.
    Post edited by ScotGaymer on
  • Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    The Beastmaster has solid health early on, but that's also the only advantage lol

• SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited December 2012
    decado said:

Lame, all you pussy-footed roleplayers... Pah! ;)

My Paladin could kick YOUR paladins ass.

I'm the winner then :) 100! But using the rolling utility to check faster the total amount of points :p

Here I already used a tome for charisma and constitution.

• PoputtPoputt Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2012

The Gayest Elf to walk the realms. Woot. lol.

• Aegir_FellwoodAegir_Fellwood Member Posts: 81
    @SpaceInvader Actually imo the ones that play with the lowest scores are to be concidered winners ....if this was meant to be a contest! So neither you or I are winners here ;)
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    edited December 2012
    @Aegir_Fellwood
    You see... Probably all this guys playing with low scores do not solo the game at insane difficulty keeping the npcs just for banters and new content, like I do...
    Viconia is in my party to cast remove curse occasionally and Shar-Teel is my rogue to pickpocket "immortal" npcs or the ones that "talk and instantly disappear".
    I can finish the BG trilogy with a minimum-stats sorcerer in solo, and I'm trying the same with this Berserker :)
    PS. that's the reason why you see only him injured in the screenshot
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    edited December 2012

The Beastmaster has solid health early on, but that's also the only advantage lol

How did you get his HP that high?!

Oh, I see that he gets Find Familiar at the start.. that must be it :)

• BasillicumBasillicum Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 400
    So far I've made three characters in BG:EE, using only existing portraits for now. I'm trying to make the most of my different characters when it comes to which NPCs I use. Variation is fun, and I haven't tried soloing the game yet.

Meet Chog, the extremely wise half-orc lacking the intelligence or charisma to convey his insightful views on life and stuff.

Glendar is more of a bandit than anything. 19 CON gave him 18 HP at level 1. I'm not even sure how that's possible, especially for a multi-classed Fighter. I realise his strength roll is pretty bad, but I kinda view it as a challenge until I find the tome for it.

Sl'een is a Blade enjoying blades. He needs a bloody Elven Chain!

In the original releases I almost always played a Paladin, and then Undead Hunter in BG2. Got bored with that after a couple years, although it works wonders against the vampires.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327

I'm the winner then :) 100! But using the rolling utility to check faster the total amount of points :p

Budo the halfling barbarian (the real stats linked through the "enhanced" picture I posted above) was also a 100-pointer, my first ever. Figures it'd happen on a halfling. I had to make him a smart-arse and a bit of a wise-arse.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited December 2012
    Eldoth left after we finished all the quests in Baldur's Gate (except for heading to Candlekeep -- I'm not ready for Chapter 6 yet) and went to Nashkel. I think he was peeved that we ditched Skie, leaving her with the Amnish noblewoman at the Helm and Cloak Inn. We picked up Monty again for Shandalar's "quest," Durlag's Tower, and Aec'Letec and are much happier with him in the party. We're now in the middle of Mendas' "Island" quest. I'm already past 170K XP (I removed the XP cap), but I doubt I'll reach level 10 by the end of the game.

The portrait for the 4th character in my party is a custom portrait I made for Viconia. I think it suits her much better than the original.

And our "4" Reputation has been well-earned. :)

Photobucket
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    edited December 2012

The reason why instead of showing the levels was because I wanted to show her thief skills for the minimal reload challenge on the Bioware forums.

However, she is 1/1.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    This is Jannek, my Half-Elf Fighter/Cleric of Helm from my current playthrough. He's not too bright but is a decent enough sort and a fairly potent combatant.

• PentiumDPentiumD Member Posts: 62
    edited December 2012
    Here is my current run (In the Nashkel Mines with only 2 NPC's and its gonna be a real challenge at the lower levels now).